10 man Garalon troubles

90 Night Elf Druid
Is it proven that more up time on body vs the % per leg killed is better? I know legs are mainly for the kiters too so that they have more time, so maybe only worry about killing 2 legs? *shrug*

It is proven that getting the full value from those kinds of thing are better yes, because they give you the most for the cost.

It's the same kind of logic when, say, Lich King Raging Spirits were being killed; people would switch to the new one when the old one was at 20-30% and let dots tick it down to maximise their damage. If you burst a Leg down while dots are ticking on it, all those dots haven't really gotten their benefit out, but you've already sunk the cost by casting them.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
11/15/2012 06:20 PMPosted by Wolfeh
I think we will try having more people stay on the body full time and letting melee kill the legs. Does anyone have any comments on the logs? Is dps the reason were hitting the enrage?

To me.. they look very good, but as a healer I guess I can't really say for sure. I still wonder about the whole body vs leg % thing, because if Garalon is being slowed enough more time could be spent on the body, however if the % from killing all legs asap does more damage overall this is a pointless idea.

Our best attempt was 5%, so we are only just a little bit short...one of our dps did 56k and thats just not enough for the enrage I guess, looking at your numbers all your dps are well above 65k.... so I dont know how that works actually O.o
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
11/15/2012 06:29 PMPosted by Slashlove
It is proven that getting the full value from those kinds of thing are better yes, because they give you the most for the cost.

What do you mean exactly, killing the legs are getting the full value?
Reply Quote
100 Troll Rogue
Probably a reasonable call to leave legs to the mellee at least the back ones, that might be enough to almost get you over the line, you also might want to experiment having your mage do the non healer pheromones as well, they can scorch on the run so might lose less dps then your priest is.

When you are nearing enrage I'd recommend that you finish off any low legs and then just focus the boss as a leg that is half health when the boss dies or you hit enrage is wasted dps of course.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]