Codex of Xerrath: I Can Has Green Fire?

90 Human Warlock
This thread is a thread for us warlocks to get a chance to meet each other and relax.

Greetings and welcome to the 1st installment of the Codex of Xerrath! The beautifully large and sassy alternative to Mangle/Sentry Totem, Open Libarm, and Tank Lounge!

In these threads, we talk about everything Warlock. Some cool. Some lame. Some information dangerous. Got that question that you're kind of afraid to make a new thread about, or just tired of getting trolled on Trade Chat? Ask it here for a more personal troll.

So Blood Elves, get your hair ready, Draenei and Tauren clean off your hooves. Dwarves, the nearest alcohol is to your left for your enjoyment and Humans... well do whatever it is you do that keeps you alive. Or stuff.

Enjoy! Have fun everyone!

/wave
Wanted to bring this here to grow the Warlock community. <3s
Edited by Xerties on 11/13/2012 7:22 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Has anyone heard anything about the green fire? What it changes, if it definite or not? Hopefully it changes the burning ember indicator (your character being on fire), and the dreadsteed colour.

Curious about it, tis all.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
I think I may start posting in this thread, bringing the total of "hangout" threads I frequent up to 3.5.

Warrior's conquest capped, so unless my guild does RBGs (unlikely) or my arena partners get their lazy asses online (also unlikely) it's back to leveling the lock for the week.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I think I may start posting in this thread, bringing the total of "hangout" threads I frequent up to 3.5.

Warrior's conquest capped, so unless my guild does RBGs (unlikely) or my arena partners get their lazy asses online (also unlikely) it's back to leveling the lock for the week.

enjoy yourself on the grind (ew)

i actually leveled pretty quick on my lock though, no where near as bad as leveling on my priest...
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
I enjoyed demo 80-90, which is so weird. I actually dropped affliction for demo, something I would have never thought of in Wrath.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
is it just me.... or purple lightning
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
I'm used to leveling as Destruction because that's what I did when I started on my 'lock in late Classic. Different account now, but I wanted to remake a Warlock since that's where I started. I was Destro when Aftermath was a chance to daze with my Shadowbolts and I laughed for hours in PvP with that :P

But yeah, just hit 75 and while all of the Grimoires are awesome, leveling sucks.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock
11/13/2012 10:18 PMPosted by Smydek
is it just me.... or purple lightning

DAMMIT YOU'RE MAKING ME MISS MY SITH SORCERER.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Community threads are a great way to escape the crap that generally litters these boards.

After reading all of the primers, I decided to strap on the heirlooms and get to work on leveling my first warlock. Look forward to picking the brains of regular posters as I get closer to max level.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
Community threads are a great way to escape the crap that generally litters these boards.

After reading all of the primers, I decided to strap on the heirlooms and get to work on leveling my first warlock. Look forward to picking the brains of regular posters as I get closer to max level.

There is at least one poster from Essence in every single community thread I frequent. Glad to see the trend is not broken with this one :P

Pulling the entirety of Grizzly Hills, swapping to Dark Apotheosis, and hitting double Wrathstorm with Grimoire of Service may be the actual best. 27 mobs, 9 seconds from start to their sweet, sweet death.
Reply Quote
Hello everyone. The fiancé and I just returned after a couple years break now we are back on the grind starting all over. Have to say I do love all the changes almost a new game for us
Reply Quote
100 Troll Warlock
Hello! Hopefuly I will be 90 tonight if I can grind out the whole last level in ~5 hours. Still debating on what specs to "main" and get better with for PvP. Destro is very strong, but I feel too much like a mage. I am thinking aff and demo for max level. Anyways, gotta get back to work! See ya guys around!
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock
Hello all!

Just got legs off of Sha that I already had =( Im hoping to find a group for BWL so I can try for the matching gloves for this set =D

How is everyone?
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock
11/14/2012 10:05 AMPosted by Xagathon
Im hoping to find a group for BWL so I can try for the matching gloves for this set =D

You don't need a group for BWL. Solo that !@#$.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Hello! I may main a warrior tank, but I despise melee DPS for some reason. Can not do it. So I have been leveling my warlock and mage to get some distance. Finding more fun leveling the warlock for the most part. I greatly enjoy having Dark Apo up and mass pulling with tab+corruption.

I really hope to get to 90 as soon as possible. I wish to do the quest chain for green fire. Super excited about that.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock
11/14/2012 10:22 AMPosted by Vreivai
Im hoping to find a group for BWL so I can try for the matching gloves for this set =D

You don't need a group for BWL. Solo that !@#$.

I thought the first boss wasnt soloable due to mechanics or did they change that?

I heard they were changing it but not till 5.1
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
11/14/2012 08:49 AMPosted by Pityon
Conspiracy theories. Nice.

Except you can verify this one by going to the PTR. As for their motivation for not putting it on the PTR Notes, her guess is as accurate as anybody's. Where's the conspiracy theory here ?

11/14/2012 10:02 AMPosted by Loktronotron
KJC buff.

What buff ? No cast time penalty, but a movement speed so low any melee can catch you ? What is the point of this talent, if you still don't have a chance to run ?

11/14/2012 08:48 AMPosted by Skuttlebutt
Man, I miss Xelnath already :(

He made Locks fun again. He had to go.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
11/14/2012 12:12 PMPosted by Allyse
Conspiracy theories. Nice.

Except you can verify this one by going to the PTR. As for their motivation for not putting it on the PTR Notes, her guess is as accurate as anybody's. Where's the conspiracy theory here ?

KJC buff.

What buff ? No cast time penalty, but a movement speed so low any melee can catch you ? What is the point of this talent, if you still don't have a chance to run ?

Man, I miss Xelnath already :(

He made Locks fun again. He had to go.

Wrong thread?
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock
I thought the first boss wasnt soloable due to mechanics or did they change that?

I heard they were changing it but not till 5.1

Use Grimoire of Sacrifice. The healing from it will generate enough healing aggro (as long as you don't hit any of the adds with Razorgore) to keep them on you, and keep Razorgore alive.
Edited by Vreivai on 11/14/2012 12:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock
11/14/2012 11:47 AMPosted by Shatterbolt
I really hope to get to 90 as soon as possible. I wish to do the quest chain for green fire. Super excited about that.

We're not getting green fire. We're getting orange fire.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]