Codex of Xerrath: I Can Has Green Fire?

90 Orc Warlock
I'm assuming I'm in the minority here, but instead of green fire I'd much rather my dreadsteed be able to fly....similar to the headless horseman mount or Tyreals charger.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
11/14/2012 12:24 PMPosted by Vreivai
I really hope to get to 90 as soon as possible. I wish to do the quest chain for green fire. Super excited about that.

We're not getting green fire. We're getting orange fire.

Well color me disappointed.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
I thought the first boss wasnt soloable due to mechanics or did they change that?

I heard they were changing it but not till 5.1

Use Grimoire of Sacrifice. The healing from it will generate enough healing aggro (as long as you don't hit any of the adds with Razorgore) to keep them on you, and keep Razorgore alive.

Hmm Razorgore was still getting aggro, should i start on the near side where the orb is?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
11/14/2012 12:42 PMPosted by Xagathon
Hmm Razorgore was still getting aggro, should i start on the near side where the orb is?

He will get some aggro, but the mobs should switch to you shortly after (whenever Grimoire of Sacrifice ticks). It also seems to me that the healing aggro won't extend to the far side of the room, so start on the eggs over there. You also might not actually have lost enough health to actually still be getting heals when the adds spawn. If this is the case, use Burning Rush to drop your health somewhat.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
Since I am in the presence of a lot of locks, I figured it would be wise to ask. How fast would it be to level 89-90 as affliction as opposed to destro (which I have been using from 85-89)? I figured it would be a good time to relearn affliction and the aoe tab dotting seems like it would make kill quests simple.

Also, Harvest Life good as affliction? Thanks :D
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Im getting close, but I start having so many adds on me that I actually start taking damage.

So then its about balancing getting health and killing eggs. Razorgore still ends up dying.

I think Ill dry going demo with GoSac and Demon Hunting glyph so I take less damage from all the adds

This is totally doable though so ty
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
11/14/2012 12:46 PMPosted by Vreivai

He will get some aggro, but the mobs should switch to you shortly after (whenever Grimoire of Sacrifice ticks). It also seems to me that the healing aggro won't extend to the far side of the room, so start on the eggs over there. You also might not actually have lost enough health to actually still be getting heals when the adds spawn. If this is the case, use Burning Rush to drop your health somewhat.

After messing with a bunch of different stuff, I was able to do it.

but no gloves =(
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
11/14/2012 12:26 PMPosted by Blinks
I'm assuming I'm in the minority here, but instead of green fire I'd much rather my dreadsteed be able to fly....similar to the headless horseman mount or Tyreals charger.

No you are not. I want that as well, but I'm being realistic. Every other class would complain about Warlocks getting a class mount that flies, especially Paladins *shivers*. They don't need a class flying mount.
Edited by Anathema on 11/14/2012 2:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I really hope to get to 90 as soon as possible. I wish to do the quest chain for green fire. Super excited about that.

But we already have orange fire T_T

Out of curiosity, what is the issue with Green Fire? Why do you hate it so? I can't remember it correctly, but I have heard that Blue Fire is hotter then Orange Fire, due to the increased burning of Oxygen. I'll look into it, but if it is correct, wouldn't Green Fire be hotter then Orange Fire?

Why would you not want the hottest flames possible?

"My, what hot fire you have in your hands. Why is it green?"

"All the better to heat things up with, my Dear. And to REDUCE YOUR BONES TO ASH! BY FIRE BE PURGED!" *leaves a skeleton burned clean of all flesh, and charred bones*.

EDIT: No this isn't a fellow warlock I'm burning, it's a random innocent citizen.
Edited by Anathema on 11/14/2012 2:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Green fire needs to happen already to set our fire casts apart from those stupid mages =P

However Im starting to think that it really isnt going to happen, and if it does Destros damage will be subpar so we wont even be able to use our new toy LOL
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
11/14/2012 02:29 PMPosted by Anathema

Out of curiosity, what is the issue with Green Fire? Why do you hate it so? I can't remember it correctly, but I have heard that Blue Fire is hotter then Orange Fire, due to the increased burning of Oxygen. I'll look into it, but if it is correct, wouldn't Green Fire be hotter then Orange Fire?

"All the better to heat things up with, my Dear. And to REDUCE YOUR BONES TO ASH! BY FIRE BE PURGED!" *leaves a skeleton burned clean of all flesh, and charred bones*.

EDIT: No this isn't a fellow warlock I'm burning, it's a random innocent citizen.

It was to my understanding that warlock fire is green because it is dosed with fel energy.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock

A more accurate version:

"All the better to heat things up with, my Dear. And to re-AAAAAA OH IT IS SO HOT ITS BURNING MY HAND, SOMEONE GET ME WATER..NO NO I'M ON FIRE, MY INSIDES ARE COOKING..CALL THE FIRE DEPARTMEN--AGHHHHHHH.HHhh...*gurgle*

*20 minutes later*

*EMTs and paramedics are looking down at a pile of ash, shaking their heads*

Forsaken paramedic: Should have rolled a fire mage. Someone get me the dust pan and a broom..PDQ!!
Edited by Neueziel on 11/14/2012 3:07 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock

A more accurate version:

"All the better to heat things up with, my Dear. And to re-AAAAAA OH IT IS SO VERY HOT ITS BURNING MY OWN HAND, SOMEONE GET A BUCKET OF WATER..NO NO I'M ON FIRE, MY INSIDES ARE COOKING..CALL THE FIRE DEPARTMEN--AGHHHHHHH.HHhh...*gurgle*

*20 minutes later*

*EMTs and paramedics are looking down at a pile of ash, shaking their heads*

Forsaken paramedic: This never happens to mages. Someone get me the ash bin and a broom..PDQ!!

Well if the implement it correctly, you will have a choice. It sounds like it will be a quest chain....so those who do not want green fire simply dont have to do the quest. If it becomes a glyph, simply just dont use the glyph.

I want it. =D
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
If mages can shoot a frozen projectile that is on fire (or a fiery projectile that is frozen), no reason we can't use Green Fire and not have it burn ourselves. Locks aren't incompetent; Mages are just too afraid to use demon magic.

As everyone knows; good things happen when you associate with Demons. Why do you think Succubi are skilled at their work?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
A lock is kind of like a sorcerer from D&D and mages are more like wizards...ignoring the fact that 3.5 or 4th actually has warlocks. Locks are willing to tap into more chaotic powers for magical prowess while mages are more studious/disciplined. We embody the destructive, damaging side of magic while they are more about the brainy stuff since they have spells like arcane intellect and we have giant meteors and seeds that explode whilst corrupting everyone around them.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Im getting close, but I start having so many adds on me that I actually start taking damage.

So then its about balancing getting health and killing eggs. Razorgore still ends up dying.

I think Ill dry going demo with GoSac and Demon Hunting glyph so I take less damage from all the adds

Use Destruction. When the add damage starts to get to be too much, Dark Regen+Healthstone, F&B Immolate+RoF on the adds, then take control of Razorgore again. Probably will want to use Soul Link with Grimoire of Sacrifice as well, if you're not already.
Edited by Vreivai on 11/14/2012 5:37 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
A lock is kind of like a sorcerer from D&D and mages are more like wizards...ignoring the fact that 3.5 or 4th actually has warlocks. Locks are willing to tap into more chaotic powers for magical prowess while mages are more studious/disciplined. We embody the destructive, damaging side of magic while they are more about the brainy stuff since they have spells like arcane intellect and we have giant meteors and seeds that explode whilst corrupting everyone around them.

This is possibly one of the best explanations I have seen in a while about the difference between a warlock and a mage... other than the old standby of 'locks use demons' and 'mages use frost'.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock

Use Destruction. When the add damage starts to get to be too much, Dark Regen+Healthstone, F&B Immolate+RoF on the adds, then take control of Razorgore again. Probably will want to use Soul Link with Grimoire of Sacrifice as well, if you're not already.

I was able to do it as Demo with demon hunting glyph and GoSac. Each time I came out of the orb, I would pop a different healing CD and whatever it is that twilight ward becomes in DA.

Then the third time I came out I threw down my Infernal to kill some adds there were about 5 eggs left at that point

The issue I ran into is coming out of the second and third orbs, I was getting hit by enough stuff that one of them would stun me. I figured I should dps adds but by that time Razorgore would be in range so I think I ended up hitting him.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
I was able to do it as Demo with demon hunting glyph and GoSac. Each time I came out of the orb, I would pop a different healing CD and whatever it is that twilight ward becomes in DA.

Then the third time I came out I threw down my Infernal to kill some adds there were about 5 eggs left at that point

The issue I ran into is coming out of the second and third orbs, I was getting hit by enough stuff that one of them would stun me. I figured I should dps adds but by that time Razorgore would be in range so I think I ended up hitting him.

Gratz on the solo! I know what to do now when I wander that way for shiney things.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock

Gratz on the solo! I know what to do now when I wander that way for shiney things.

Thank you, it would have been better if the gloves had dropped =P
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]