Codex of Xerrath: I Can Has Green Fire?

90 Orc Warlock
The questline for the green fire extends past a number of patches. The last one in the 5.1 chain says [To Be Continued...]

It starts from this book:
http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=92426
But no one seems to know how to get it yet. Rumor has it it's from Black Prince rep, which if that's the case.... uuugh god dammit.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
11/14/2012 02:29 PMPosted by Anathema
Out of curiosity, what is the issue with Green Fire? Why do you hate it so? I can't remember it correctly, but I have heard that Blue Fire is hotter then Orange Fire, due to the increased burning of Oxygen. I'll look into it, but if it is correct, wouldn't Green Fire be hotter then Orange Fire?

I never said I had anything against green fire. I just don't think we're ever getting it.
Edited by Vreivai on 11/14/2012 9:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
11/14/2012 09:30 PMPosted by Vreivai
Out of curiosity, what is the issue with Green Fire? Why do you hate it so? I can't remember it correctly, but I have heard that Blue Fire is hotter then Orange Fire, due to the increased burning of Oxygen. I'll look into it, but if it is correct, wouldn't Green Fire be hotter then Orange Fire?

I never said I had anything against green fire. I just don't think we're ever getting it.

I can understand that. Fair enough. Time for a random piece of text:

"Oh Green Fire, how I will mourn thee. With your ability to cause agonizing pain, and the sweet embrace of being distinct from our less demonic counterparts. Tis a sad day for the annals of Warlocks everywhere."
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
I hope if we do get green fire that it effects more spells than immolate, like rain of fire or soul fire. Who am I kidding though, the epic questline will probably involve an easily replaced ring or epic staff that's useless because its stats still aren't as good as dagger+offhand.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Afflic stats are stupid....just saying. I change gems and reforges and I sim with +/- 100 DPS either way. Its dumb.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I dunno, Affliction seems to be the only spec that DOESN'T have wholly interchangeable stats. Mastery>Hit Cap>Haste>>Crit.

I personally think it's awesome that I can reforge to whatever I want to and it's still pretty much optimal as Demo or Destro. Really opens up the options for playstyle.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
I dunno, Affliction seems to be the only spec that DOESN'T have wholly interchangeable stats. Mastery>Hit Cap>Haste>>Crit.

I personally think it's awesome that I can reforge to whatever I want to and it's still pretty much optimal as Demo or Destro. Really opens up the options for playstyle.

My playstyle is "stack mastery like it was druids in stag form."
Edited by Vanfelsing on 11/15/2012 9:35 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I just want Purple Rain (of fire)
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
This thread should not be so low on the list. How are we to encourage budding evil masterminds to become part of the community if it's not visible?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Being an evil mastermind:

Step 1: Queue for LFR, second half of MSV
Step 2: Make sure your Destruction spec is active
Step 3: Identify your raid's healers.
Step 4: Pool Embers on Spirit Kings.
Step 5: When Meng uses Maddening Shout, stand far away from the raid, pop cooldowns, and fire Chaos Bolts at your healers.

Alternatively, you can try to murder the entire raid as Demonology.
Edited by Vreivai on 11/15/2012 10:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
murder the whole raid?
felstorm, immolation aura and double chaos wave... yes that pretty much kills anybody
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
I like the sound of murder.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
murder the whole raid?
felstorm, immolation aura and double chaos wave... yes that pretty much kills everybody

Though I wouldn't actually recommend using Immolation Aura in this case. You'd probably get hit by other players' AoE, and it would break the debuff on you.
Edited by Vreivai on 11/16/2012 9:55 AM PST
Reply Quote
86 Human Warlock
A lock is kind of like a sorcerer from D&D and mages are more like wizards...ignoring the fact that 3.5 or 4th actually has warlocks. Locks are willing to tap into more chaotic powers for magical prowess while mages are more studious/disciplined. We embody the destructive, damaging side of magic while they are more about the brainy stuff since they have spells like arcane intellect and we have giant meteors and seeds that explode whilst corrupting everyone around them.

Speaking of paper RPGs, in the World of Warcraft one, mages and warlocks are two different specializations of the same class (arcanist) and can actually learn each others' spells if they choose to. Having some ability to "cross over" like that would be wonderful in the MMO, but I'm sure Blizzard isn't ever going to put it in.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
The questline for the green fire extends past a number of patches. The last one in the 5.1 chain says [To Be Continued...]

It starts from this book:
http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=92426
But no one seems to know how to get it yet. Rumor has it it's from Black Prince rep, which if that's the case.... uuugh god dammit.

I actually bet it has something to do with this post (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7004697813) and this "Trusted by the Ashtounge" buff you get (http://ptr.wowhead.com/spell=134206)

Maybe a ashtoungue NPC will offer a new quest or provide the book? Someone get a retail lock that's exalted with the ashtoungue copied to the PTR and find out.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Rumor has it it's from Black Prince rep, which if that's the case.... uuugh god dammit.

IMO, it's unlikely that Black Prince rep is directly tied to finding the Sealed Tome, since if you read the quest text Wration doesn't get involved until the end of the 5.1 quests.

I actually bet it has something to do with this post (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7004697813) and this "Trusted by the Ashtounge" buff you get (http://ptr.wowhead.com/spell=134206)

Maybe a ashtoungue NPC will offer a new quest or provide the book? Someone get a retail lock that's exalted with the ashtoungue copied to the PTR and find out.

That seems more like a bug. For one, the player who reported it is a paladin, and two the naga aren't connected to the Ashtongues. I've gone into BT after seeing that post and there's nothing new there (aside from the fact that I can't attack anything).
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Being an evil mastermind:

Step 1: Queue for LFR, second half of MSV
Step 2: Make sure your Destruction spec is active
Step 3: Identify your raid's healers.
Step 4: Pool Embers on Spirit Kings.
Step 5: When Meng uses Maddening Shout, stand far away from the raid, pop cooldowns, and fire Chaos Bolts at your healers.

Alternatively, you can try to murder the entire raid as Demonology.

I will only do this when Im not with guildies lol

On a separate note I got two piece last night from HoF
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I really need to get back into the loop with LFR and dailies. HoF part two just came out too... Everyone's out getting gear and I'm just sitting here procrastinating.

But I do enjoy playing the new titles that came out! ACIII and a new Sims game for me! I still need to play Dead Space 2, Bioshock 2 and L4D2 that I got during Halloween.

At least I reached my Warlock goal, which is to get Conquest for the weapons! Replacing my ugly staff and getting a sexy dagger and offhand?

http://i.imgur.com/nRdn0.png

But for now, it's back to watching Doctor Who...
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
My new favorite game in LFR is to set the demonic gateway at various precarious positions and then when the healer flies into a mob I tell the other lock to stop horsing around. A shame its being changed, gateway makes me laugh so hard. Setting one in front of a boss and watching the tank run into it just as he pulls is like a scene from one of those old cartoons where the cane yanks a character off the stage.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
i try to put my gateway in useful positions in my main raid, and our main tank finds a way to walk into it. T_T the change was definitely made for him.

anyways, hai all. this week, i won Loshan from Tsulong, the sword i've been longing for since i saw how beautiful it was in beta. put it on for the first time all excited-like and see that the hilt loops in some weird way that has the end of it poking into my left breast. T_T
Edited by Ayaliss on 11/17/2012 2:59 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]