Codex of Xerrath: I Can Has Green Fire?

90 Undead Warlock
I'm one of two warlock raiders in our guild. I can only get gloves off the sha of anger, he can only get pants.

I'd really appreciate it if they actually let us turn our fire green, but honestly I'm probably going to enjoy the quest line more than any changes the results make. I've been saying for a while now that more players would be drawn to warlocks if there was lore important warlockery (thats a word now) that didn't involve some crazy guy trying to destroy azeroth or corrupt it. Looking back the only big warlocks that come to mind are Gul'dan, Cho'Gall, Kil'Jaedan, and Archimonde. also we're getting what looks to be some pretty sweet lore explaining the changes from Cata to MoP, which is really cool imo
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock
I'm one of two warlock raiders in our guild. I can only get gloves off the sha of anger, he can only get pants.

I'd really appreciate it if they actually let us turn our fire green, but honestly I'm probably going to enjoy the quest line more than any changes the results make. I've been saying for a while now that more players would be drawn to warlocks if there was lore important warlockery (thats a word now) that didn't involve some crazy guy trying to destroy azeroth or corrupt it. Looking back the only big warlocks that come to mind are Gul'dan, Cho'Gall, Kil'Jaedan, and Archimonde. also we're getting what looks to be some pretty sweet lore explaining the changes from Cata to MoP, which is really cool imo

I would agree with that to an extent. I will say I really want green fire so we can be different from mages...a class I really kinda hate. I leveled one to 85 ran the HoTs and never played him again. It was boring.

PS locks yunochat =P
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock

I would agree with that to an extent. I will say I really want green fire so we can be different from mages...a class I really kinda hate. I leveled one to 85 ran the HoTs and never played him again. It was boring.

PS locks yunochat =P

DEATH TO THE MAGES! THEY WILL BURN IN THE LOVE BLIZZARD HAS FOR THEM! AFTER THEY BURN, WE WILL SOULSTONE THEM TO BRING THEM BACK TO LIFE, SO THEY CAN BURN AGAIN! MUHAHAHAHA

Just had to get it out of my system. I don't like the class by the reasonings of the grass is greener on the other side. It always seems they get less nerfs, and if they get more nerfs, it's less critical nerfs then ours.

Case in point,

Our CB nerf because people don't bother to pay attention to the warlock, thinking that they are standing there channneling a three second spell that makes white fluffy rabbits come out. CB gets a nerf because of BG's and RBG's? Ignoring the fact that in Arena, you won't ever get the damn spell off?

Really Blizz?
Edited by Anathema on 11/17/2012 3:22 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock

PS locks yunochat =P

DEATH TO THE MAGES! THEY WILL BURN IN THE LOVE BLIZZARD HAS FOR THEM! AFTER THEY BURN, WE WILL SOULSTONE THEM TO BRING THEM BACK TO LIFE, SO THEY CAN BURN AGAIN! MUHAHAHAHA

Just had to get it out of my system. I don't like the class by the reasonings of the grass is greener on the other side. It always seems they get less nerfs, and if they get more nerfs, it's less critical nerfs then ours.

Case in point,

Our CB nerf because people don't bother to pay attention to the warlock, thinking that they are standing there channneling a three second spell that makes white fluffy rabbits come out. CB gets a nerf because of BG's and RBG's? Ignoring the fact that in Arena, you won't ever get the damn spell off?

Really Blizz?

Im jealous of your staff...
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
PVP is the bane of PVE balance, and has been since, well, ever.

Anyway, I took a break at the start of the expansion to pursue RL goals. Now I'm 30 Ilvls behind the rest of the DPS in my guild, the VP rewards are locked behind weeks of dailies, and LFR/Farm night have been cruel mistresses. :(

I think Destro could use some more flavor and flexibility as well. Being forced to bank embers for AoE, especially when it's so lackluster, is needlessly time consuming and punitive. Embers need to generate faster in general and we need more mobile DPS. The change to KJC 'might' help on fights like Garalon, where steady, constant movement is needed rather than kneejerk sudden movement.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
THis needs to stay up. This is our class thread of nonsense.

GREEN FIRE. NOA.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Q: Patch 5.1 contains an extremely interesting questline involving the Black Temple and a lot of warlock lore, is there anything more you can tell us about this? Is this quest for all classes or just for warlocks?
A: The Black Temple thing in Patch 5.1 is a Warlock specific class quest and it is building up to something. It was datamined as a scenario, but it is not a scenario. It is just a small one off class quest for Warlocks. When it makes sense for the lore and assets we are trying to introduce, it is cool to have these little one off quests like we added for the Monk as they level up with skill challenges. It is just something nice we thought we would do for the Warlock class. It is not a big deal.

Q: Is it finally time for Blizzard to bring green fire spells to the game?
A: Maybe.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock

Case in point,

Really Blizz?

I've been getting whispers saying grats for Headmaster's Will. I'm confused, is it an achievement for getting that staff or something? All I did was grind heroics for a month. And I won it from a Disc priest who said he was going to need it. I wasn't aware Disc priests needed Hit and Crit that much (given their specialization has a passive 15% hit).

In any case, thank you.
Edited by Anathema on 11/18/2012 9:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Q: Patch 5.1 contains an extremely interesting questline involving the Black Temple and a lot of warlock lore, is there anything more you can tell us about this? Is this quest for all classes or just for warlocks?
A: The Black Temple thing in Patch 5.1 is a Warlock specific class quest and it is building up to something. It was datamined as a scenario, but it is not a scenario. It is just a small one off class quest for Warlocks. When it makes sense for the lore and assets we are trying to introduce, it is cool to have these little one off quests like we added for the Monk as they level up with skill challenges. It is just something nice we thought we would do for the Warlock class. It is not a big deal.

Q: Is it finally time for Blizzard to bring green fire spells to the game?
A: Maybe.

Must suppress urge to kill Blizzard . . .

Green Fire and demons is what sets up apart from our hideous lesser breathren (*cough* MAGE! *cough*)
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock

Green Fire and demons is what sets up apart from our hideous lesser breathren (*cough* MAGE! *cough*)

All too right sister. All too right... -lights a little fel-fire cooking fire and sits-
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock

All too right sister. All too right... -lights a little fel-fire cooking fire and sits-

-sits near the fel cooking fire.-
I thought I would bring a present for you and your demon to play with and possibly eat. I caught it enjoying some biscuits in the middle of nowhere.
-summons a cage from the Twisting Nether. Inside the cage is a mage. I place the cage next to you and your demon.-
Have fun with it. Just make sure your demon doesn't gorge too much on the mage. I've heard they are very fattening. I tried to give some mage once to my succubus, but she wouldn't eat much (of the Mage). She was the one who told me how fattening Mages can be.

My felhunter on the other hand, absolutely loved it, and I had to get him another mage just to satisfy his appetite.
Edited by Anathema on 11/18/2012 9:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock

I thought I would bring a present for you and your demon to play with and possibly eat. I caught it enjoying some biscuits in the middle of nowhere.
-summons a cage from the Twisting Nether. Inside the cage is a mage. I place the cage next to you and your demon.-
Have fun with it. Just make sure your demon doesn't gorge too much on the mage. I've heard they are very fattening. I tried to give some mage once to my succubus, but she wouldn't eat much (of the Mage). She was the one who told me how fattening Mages can be.

My felhunter on the other hand, absolutely loved it, and I had to get him another mage just to satisfy his appetite.

A gift well received
-watches the mage scurry around the cage-
I'll have to suck out the soul and save it for a rainy day. Mage souls are so hard to come by nowadays.

At any rate, how has a fellow warlock been doing so far?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock

A gift well received
-watches the mage scurry around the cage-
I'll have to suck out the soul and save it for a rainy day. Mage souls are so hard to come by nowadays.

At any rate, how has a fellow warlock been doing so far?

Things have been going mediocre. I was hoping to get some MSV raiding in, but most of the other DPS people were in PvP gear. I don't like carrying people who are in the wrong gear type. Some cloth shoulders dropped from Garajal, and I lost them to Raid Lead because he needed them more then I did, since he had PvP shoulders. I didn't rage at them because it was a majority guild run (different guild to the one I'm in currently), and I was there to try to avoid causing issues for people I know who considered joining that guild. Now all the things I need are either from MSV or Valor points.

Other then that, not much has been happening. Yourself?
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock

I've been getting whispers saying grats for Headmaster's Will. I'm confused, is it an achievement for getting that staff or something? All I did was grind heroics for a month. And I won it from a Disc priest who said he was going to need it. I wasn't aware Disc priests needed Hit and Crit that much (given their specialization has a passive 15% hit).

In any case, thank you.

I think it more lies with the fact that aside from a wand in MV there isnt another epic weapon (or at least that I have found) untill after HoF. Plus it has a VERY low drop chance haha
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock

In any case, thank you.

I think it more lies with the fact that aside from a wand in MV there isnt another epic weapon (or at least that I have found) untill after HoF. Plus it has a VERY low drop chance haha

I'm currently waiting to get the wand from MSV LFR version since I have the off-hand that drops from Heart of Fear. But with Terrace LFR coming out very soon, I might have better luck in there, but then I might as well aim for the staff from Terrace. Think I should just DE the Off-hand from Heart of Fear?
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
Things have been going mediocre. I was hoping to get some MSV raiding in, but most of the other DPS people were in PvP gear. I don't like carrying people who are in the wrong gear type. Some cloth shoulders dropped from Garajal, and I lost them to Raid Lead because he needed them more then I did, since he had PvP shoulders. I didn't rage at them because it was a majority guild run (different guild to the one I'm in currently), and I was there to try to avoid causing issues for people I know who considered joining that guild. Now all the things I need are either from MSV or Valor points.

A bummer to hear, but persevere.
Myself? Oh, I'm doing well. I don't do normal's as of yet, still running about in LFR, learning the fights and having a grand ol' time. No LFR tier this week, sadly. I love the color of it, and wish I could get the whole set now. It's a competitor to the DS tier in looks for me.
-pats-
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock

A bummer to hear, but persevere.
Myself? Oh, I'm doing well. I don't do normal's as of yet, still running about in LFR, learning the fights and having a grand ol' time. No LFR tier this week, sadly. I love the color of it, and wish I could get the whole set now. It's a competitor to the DS tier in looks for me.
-pats-

I'm not sure how to feel about losing the piece. It was to a Shadow Priest. At least it wasn't a mage. And it's okay. After I found out they were in PvP gear, I did the standard Warlock protocol: I used quite a few curses on them, their families and their souls.

(^_^)
Edited by Anathema on 11/19/2012 2:11 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
i wish i had a fel fire campfire...
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
11/19/2012 02:17 AMPosted by Ayaliss

Your welcome to join us if you like. Give me a bit of time, and I might be able to get another mage in a cage for you and your demons (^_^). Just remember, Felhunters love eating Mages, while Succubi barely eat them. Mages are extremely fattening from what I got told by Mirevere (my Succubus).
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
I'm not sure how to feel about losing the piece. It was to a Shadow Priest. At least it wasn't a mage. And it's okay. After I found out they were in PvP gear, I did the standard Warlock protocol: I used quite a few curses on them, their families and their souls.

(^_^)

Wonderfully done :D

11/19/2012 02:17 AMPosted by Ayaliss

As Ana said above, you're welcome to join. I don't provide mages though, a Soul Cookie perhaps?
How are you this morning/evening? I can hardly tell the difference some days.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]