Loot Table in LFR

90 Worgen Death Knight
Hello, I am not going to complain about RNG or the sort at all. So please keep the flame train somewhere else lol.

I am here to talk about a specific problem to me and to see if it has happened to anyone else besides myself and the players I play with on a daily basis.

I recently ran a LFR and got Elegion, the 1h weapon off Elegon. Cool but I'm not DW Frost :) I went in as 2 hander, that the spec I play, and I wanted Starshatter which is the weapon for my spec off that boss. I even wasted a coin on it :(

I dropped a ticket, and the response I got was actually shocking imo, the response read like this... I went in as Frost dps which is mostly DW and got the appropriate weapon for the spec, if you want the Starshatter you MUST go in as Blood since it's BIS for that spec....... lolwut? Starshatter is BIS for 2h frost (until sha of fear) as I assume it is for unholy and for blood as well, so.... why hand me a DW weapon when I was 2h frost.

I am just bringing this up to see if I can get a straight trade for the Starshatter, since I have no use for Eligion, and to see if you guys can tweak the loot tables a bit to be a bit more accurate. I've also gotten the same plate boots off of Stoneguard 5 times now, which doesn't matter , but I don't need them, so I hope I'm not winning something that could have gone to someone who actually needed them lol. Thanks in advance for any help on this matter. It would be much appreciated. I do have a follow up ticket filed right now so let's see what happens.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Since Frost is capable of dual wielding, it looks at that, not whether you prefer using a 2-H weapon or not.

You still have a chance of getting Starshatter, but you also get a chance to get Elegion.

It is working as intended. LFR loot is not capable of being that granular.

Also, the SFAs here cannot help you swap the items.
Edited by Amoracchia on 11/15/2012 8:23 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
Ty for the info, although it does suck imo to get a completely useless weapon for the spec I play. That aside, I just got another response in game, basically belittling me about wanting to use the coin to choose what I want. I don't even know what that means to be honest. I understand that the coin is just an extra roll at possible loot based on the boss you currently downed.

I also must have just gotten lucky or whatever in Cata, I was DW and went into LFR looking for Gurth, I had two Souldrinkers on. Never dropped for me - I put on a crappy 2 hander and guess what first time in I got Gurth. I did figure that it was able to determine which spec you were playing off of that, guess I was mistaken.

Again , thanks for the info though.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
It DOES look at spec. In that way, it wont give a class a healer item, when they are in DPS, etc..

BUT.. while its not an item MAXIMISED for that spec.. that spec CAN use it, therefore its on the loot table.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
Goes back to what I was saying though about it needing to be tweaked though, I mean comon that's like handing a 1h weapon to a TG Fury warrior. Not cool lol . That weapon is not only NOT maximized for my spec... it's completely useless.

Edit: Based on your logic... all Agility weapons should be on the loot table for DK's too then since it's not maximized for any spec but we can use them..... I don't think the player base of shamans, hunters, rogues, monks, and druids would like that very much lol.

Edit2: Got to talk to an actuall GM this time, He/She was very polite and knowledgable. Rabengeist said that the Dev's know about this and are working hard to get it resolved by 5.1 (so it is a problem in their eyes too) He also said that the Dev's won't let him switch out the weapons, but they would let him give me back my coin. So I got to keep a weapon (that I probably will never use) and to get a coin back to use whenever I want. I am pleased with Rabengeist, but would love to see more power be put into the GM's hands to do what they need to, to solve a player's problem, when it's a reasonable problem and not a QQ issue. Oh well back to the game, thanks for all responses
Edited by Gàngrúle on 11/15/2012 9:03 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
The ticket response you got is probably incorrect. Unholy uses 2handers, Frost uses 2handers. If you want to increase your chances of getting it, maybe going blood will help? Other than that, it sounds like some bad RNG against your favor.
Reply Quote
91 Draenei Paladin
It does look at spec. But JUST spec.

The system cannot differentiate between TG and SMF. It can't tell whether you are MotFW or ToT.

And frankly I don't think development needs to waste resources trying to make the system do that. Just run it again.

Better luck next week.
Reply Quote
10 Gnome Priest
11/15/2012 10:05 AMPosted by Skjellyfetti
It does look at spec. But JUST spec.

Then why are items that are not appropriate for a particular spec being assigned to that spec?

Can you give any examples of this? It's difficult to say what the issue might be without knowing what item and what class/spec combo you think is an issue.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warlock
11/15/2012 08:27 AMPosted by Gàngrúle
although it does suck imo to get a completely useless weapon for the spec I play.

You're confused on this part. That weapon is not useless to the spec you play, it's useless to the way YOU play your spec.... wildly different points.

11/15/2012 08:40 AMPosted by Gàngrúle
I mean comon that's like handing a 1h weapon to a TG Fury warrior.

Since fury warriors have both TG and SMF talents then yes, that weapon would also be valid. Again you're confusing preferred play style with spec.
Reply Quote
10 Gnome Priest

2 examples: Maces and Fist weapons being given to Assassination Rogues.

So long as the maces and fist weapons have Agility on them, that's completely intended. Rogues can use both maces and fist weapons, and Agility is a Rogue stat.

Remember that it is not necessarily only handing out BiS gear. Simply because an Assassination Rogue is more interested in one kind of weapon over another does not mean they will exclusively get that kind of weapon.
Edited by Stallie on 11/15/2012 11:11 AM PST
Reply Quote
10 Gnome Priest
11/15/2012 11:14 AMPosted by Skjellyfetti
You obviously don't know how the assassination spec works.

Again, it is not designed around what is ideal.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman

So long as the maces and fist weapons have Agility on them, that's completely intended. Rogues can use both maces and fist weapons, and Agility is a Rogue stat.

Remember that it is not necessarily only handing out BiS gear. Simply because an Assassination Rogue is more interested in one kind of weapon over another does not mean they will exclusively get that kind of weapon.

You obviously don't know how the assassination spec works.

An assassination rogue would not be able to then mutilate... (since no daggers), but they would be able to do everything else.
If you only had ilvl 300 daggers, and could get a 470 mace, the specs could WELL outweigh the fact of loosing the one ability, etc.
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Paladin
By that logic, an intellect weapon would be a perfectly viable drop for an enhancement shaman. After all, you can still fight with it. Mutilate and Dispatch (you missed that one) are the core fundamental abilities of the assassination spec. To suggest that an assassination rogue need not use those abilities is absurd.

The problem you're making is that you are talking about what's IDEAL for a certain class/spec. You're min/maxing.

Blizzard does not play that game. Can rogues use maces? Yes. Do they benefit from Agility? Yes. So the weapons have a chance of dropping for a rogue. That's it.

If you want to suggest that Blizzard start coding it much more specifically, you'll want to post in the DRS Forum. Good luck convincing them, though, as it really is a ridiculous waste of time.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
The item coding is not by class anymore; it's by class and spec. Assassination rogues only use daggers. They do not use axes or maces.

Once again, you're looking at what is ideal for Assassination rogues. As I said before,
11/15/2012 11:21 AMPosted by Stallie
it is not designed around what is ideal.

11/15/2012 11:37 AMPosted by Skjellyfetti
By that logic, an intellect weapon would be a perfectly viable drop for an enhancement shaman

No, because Enhancement Shamans do not use Intellect.

Assassination rogues can Fight with Maces and Fist Weapons (minus a single ability)
Assassination Rogues use Agility.
Thus, Assassination Rogues receive the bonus.

Either way, the post has been moved to DRS, so the Developers can take your opinion into consideration.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]