Frost DK rotation/priority is hard

90 Goblin Death Knight
So my main is a fury warrior, and I've gotten used to that priority.

I rolled this DK a week ago, mainly because a friend told me Frost 2H dps was faceroll and i'm doing heroics, and I'm finding the rotation/ priority to be more difficult than I thought. I'm certainly finding it harder than fury warrior, yes because I've played less of my frost DK, but also because I'm finding myself RP starved and watching KM procs. I'm aware that due to new data people are now saying ignore KM procs but yea.

Pretty much I go with Outbreak -> Obliterate til runes are down / HB with Rime -> Frost Strike Spam because I can't do anything else

Is 2H Frost supposed to be easy? Maybe I just dont have the muscle memory yet.

dude your effing it all up you dont just cast obliterate till you run out of runes dummy..

start with outbreak and open with 1 howling blast to build RP.. use frost strike more and ONLY cast obliterate when you a KM proc or your absoultelty depleted on runes and RP and the next hit is gonna kill the thing..

pick up Bloodtap talent and key bind it to something easy.. this way u use frost strike MORE, get free runes from using it.. and use use obliterate LESS (only on km) proc.. also try to use HB only on rime proc too UNLESS you are starved for RP..

if you dont spam oblit and HB like a reet then when those lucky KMS pop up u use olbit and spam frost strike

watch ur dmg soar

ps im talking about 2hand frost
Edited by Passdatkush on 10/29/2012 3:23 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
dude your effing it all up you dont just cast obliterate till you run out of runes dummy..

start with outbreak and open with 1 howling blast to build RP.. use frost strike more and ONLY cast obliterate when you a KM proc or your absoultelty depleted on runes and RP and the next hit is gonna kill the thing..

pick up Bloodtap talent and key bind it to something easy.. this way u use frost strike MORE, get free runes from using it.. and use use obliterate LESS (only on km) proc.. also try to use HB only on rime proc too UNLESS you are starved for RP..

if you dont spam oblit and HB like a reet then when those lucky KMS pop up u use olbit and spam frost strike

watch ur dmg soar

No to basically all of this.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight

watch ur dmg soar

Please, for the love of all that is unholy, don't do anything this guy says.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
It sounds like you're doing it right. We do have downtime. When you're waiting on runes, Horn of Winter is your basic filler.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
So my main is a fury warrior, and I've gotten used to that priority.

I rolled this DK a week ago, mainly because a friend told me Frost 2H dps was faceroll and i'm doing heroics, and I'm finding the rotation/ priority to be more difficult than I thought. I'm certainly finding it harder than fury warrior, yes because I've played less of my frost DK, but also because I'm finding myself RP starved and watching KM procs. I'm aware that due to new data people are now saying ignore KM procs but yea.

Pretty much I go with Outbreak -> Obliterate til runes are down / HB with Rime -> Frost Strike Spam because I can't do anything else

Is 2H Frost supposed to be easy? Maybe I just dont have the muscle memory yet.

watch ur dmg soar

the name of this poster is quite relevant to his post. would have to be high to actually believe this
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]