Lynx Rush Numbers from the PTR...

Finally got on the PTR with a premade char. My char's ilevel is 460.

Lynx Rush says:

"Each attack causes the target to bleed for 5,365 damage over 15 sec. stacking up to 9 times."

So, before other modifiers the base damage would be 48,285 over 15 secs. Weak IMO.

So there's some real numbers for you on the PTR.

Can't say much about the changes overall at this point, but Lynx Rush is hitting for pretty pathetic numbers.
Reply Quote
That sounds pretty terrible, not gonna lie.
PvE, wont make a difference I suppose, but that sounds unusably bad for PvP.
Reply Quote
Ya, I messed around with it some more and it's not really worth it anymore. The only perk would be getting bleeds on a rogue or something. But really, that's small consolation for what we lost.

Hunters need burst right now...this was too much.

They could have made LR not usable while under damage increasing effects or just straight nerfed the total direct damage...but this is just bad. Not only is it not burst but it's not much damage at all. I think most will go blink strike.
Reply Quote
Fully geared, in Hawk, while under BW and trinket it looks like I'm getting about 20k per tick for 5 ticks if all 9 stacks are on.

So that's about 100k over 15 seconds...if I'm wrong someone please chime in.
Reply Quote
55 Orc Death Knight
"Magically turns your faithful companion into a hilariously non lethal wet noodle that attempts to hurt the target, but instead fills the target with laughter"

Is the new info for it
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Reminds me of our original top tier survival talent.... Rend
Reply Quote
Plus Blink Strike only hits for around 22k (at least what I was seeing on dummies on the PTR) so it's only really useful for staying on your target, the damage is somewhat negligible.

Again, this is just what I'm seeing in the PTRs. Honestly, I just felt bad in the few games I got into in PvP. Stunned and blown up...without the ability to do the same anymore.

Mages, warriors, shadow priest, boomkins are still destroying things so I'm not sure why hunters got nerfed so badly even though LR was too powerful in its old state.
Edited by Meenamoo on 10/29/2012 8:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Hunter
Is there any indication that blink strike was nerfed so horribly? 22k can't be right. That's less than an auto shot crit.

By indication I mean patch notes or something.
Edited by Macobre on 10/29/2012 8:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Here's the exact damage, this was on the 85 target dummy in Org.

Lynx Rush+Bestial Wrath+Trinket

163254 total damage on an 85 mob over 15 seconds.
Reply Quote
Is there any indication that blink strike was nerfed so horribly? 22k can't be right. That's less than an auto shot crit.

By indication I mean patch notes or something.

I meant to say it hits for 22k, not crits. Sorry.
Reply Quote
71 Blood Elf Mage
Mages, warriors, shadow priest, boomkins are still destroying things so I'm not sure why hunters got nerfed so badly even though LR was too powerful in its old state.

As for the bolded: People were not used to pretty much ANY hunter walking into a PvP situation, and having a fighting chance. They were so used to a hunter being a free HK, they freaked when it changed. They were having to actually THINK, and PLAY against a hunter, and they didn't like it.
Reply Quote
85 Human Hunter
10/29/2012 09:07 PMPosted by Guapísima

As for the bolded: People were not used to pretty much ANY hunter walking into a PvP situation, and having a fighting chance. They were so used to a hunter being a free HK, they freaked when it changed. They were having to actually THINK, and PLAY against a hunter, and they didn't like it.

This is not true hunters were hard to beat in bgs ,and 2s (were most of the current complaints come from) in cata. You don't need to "think" when fighting a hunter on live ,and neither does the hunter. Peaple were not mad because hunters were not "free kills" they were mad because they were getting bursted down in a couple seconds without being able to even see what happened to them. Hunters were to strong before this patch ,and they probly will still be pretty strong after this patch.
Reply Quote
10/29/2012 09:16 PMPosted by Tostronk

This is not true hunters were hard to beat in bgs ,and 2s (were most of the current complaints come from) in cata. You don't need to "think" when fighting a hunter on live ,and neither does the hunter. Peaple were not mad because hunters were not "free kills" they were mad because they were getting bursted down in a couple seconds without being able to even see what happened to them. Hunters were to strong before this patch ,and they probly will still be pretty strong after this patch.

Hunters were absolutely terrible at the beginning of Cata. By the end though they were powerful in BGs but still suffered in arena.

LR the way it is on live is too powerful, no doubt. But without effective burst in the current PvP environment hunters cannot compete. Hunters as they are now are squishy with a 2-minute CD on "TOTALDESTRUCTIONOMGWTFBBQKAPOW!". Take that away and go back to squishiness with mediocre sustained DPS and clunky CC.
Reply Quote
91 Human Monk
10/29/2012 06:12 PMPosted by Meenamoo

You're joking right? Your spec is a skill less faceroll that has the second most powerful burst in the game for pvp, second only to arms warriors. There's a reason bm hunters are dominating the pvp ladders, and it's not because they suddenly became super skilled. What needs to happen is stampede needs to be changed back to not being useable in arenas and on a 10 min CD like it was supposed to be.
Reply Quote

You're joking right? Your spec is a skill less faceroll that has the second most powerful burst in the game for pvp, second only to arms warriors. There's a reason bm hunters are dominating the pvp ladders, and it's not because they suddenly became super skilled. What needs to happen is stampede needs to be changed back to not being useable in arenas and on a 10 min CD like it was supposed to be.

Do you understand the context of what I was saying?

PvP is all about burst right now. Hunters die quickly when focused, always have. So yes, hunters need burst and right now they have it. After the nerf, the sustained damage won't be enough to kill anyone before being blown up.

300k chaos bolt and arms warriors say hi.

P.S. Stampede isn't the problem.
Edited by Meenamoo on 10/29/2012 9:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Lynx Rush deals more damage than Stampede.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
10/30/2012 12:25 PMPosted by Elohimn
Lynx Rush deals more damage than Stampede.

...but its like 200 different animals coming at you all at once! Lions, Tigers and Bears! Rarrghhh!

/panic

Dear Bliz,

Please change Stampede to "Gerbil Attack". Keep damage the same, but change all animals to small gerbils. Stampede, as is, is way too scary for young PvPers.
Reply Quote
Bah.

The changes just make me want to play another class TBH. I love my hunter and have played him forever but it's no fun to get blown up and CC'd while you can't do the same.

A few PvP games has shown me how frustrating this is going to be. Watching your red pet get CC'd and then getting face-smashed...so bad.

Maybe MM or Surv will get buffed but probably not until 5.3 or something.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
10/29/2012 09:31 PMPosted by Syugotenshi

Oh look, somebody tried to say something and then made themselves look like a complete fool in their last sentence. Stampede is not the problem. If you think that then you are sadly mistaken and probably bad as well.

Stampede damage consists of 4 additional pets that deal 25% of normal damage and all they do is auto attack and bite, they are not affected by kill command, BW, lynx rush, etc.

It's the equivalent to summoning one additional pet to auto attack you for 20 seconds and that is it, and you think that this is what is causing all this burst? LOL
Reply Quote
Anyone else PvPing on the PTRs?

So bad.

:(

:(
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]