Lynx Rush Numbers from the PTR...

100 Worgen Hunter
That sounds pretty terrible, not gonna lie.
PvE, wont make a difference I suppose, but that sounds unusably bad for PvP.

Looks like we'll have to settle for Blink Strike, sigh....

I expect that these nerfs will be somewhat reversed in the following patches. To curb QQ Blizzard will let these horrible changes pass until people move on to the next severe offenders that didn't get touched at all - Warriors. When the coast is clear we'll be buffed a little where we aren't as bad anymore but we'll not exactly be good either. Sorta like Cata.
Edited by Sardorim on 10/30/2012 8:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
You're optimistic if you think warriors are going to get nerfed. Blizz has shown indifference to their OP status for the last 4 years at least. what is likely to happen is as gear increases warriors will reach a point where they are insane and will probably get a moderate nerf in 5.3 if that.

Hunters just can't be good. People don't like getting killed by pets or ranged physical damage. That's pretty much all.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
Bah.

The changes just make me want to play another class TBH. I love my hunter and have played him forever but it's no fun to get blown up and CC'd while you can't do the same.

A few PvP games has shown me how frustrating this is going to be. Watching your red pet get CC'd and then getting face-smashed...so bad.

Maybe MM or Surv will get buffed but probably not until 5.3 or something.

Thats being optimistic, don't expect any buffs till well after the arena season has become irrelevant.

Mark my words any requests for equality will be meet with "lol hunters just want to be op again"
Edited by Prieto on 10/30/2012 9:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
10/29/2012 09:31 PMPosted by Syugotenshi
Hunters need burst right now...this was too much.

You're joking right? Your spec is a skill less faceroll that has the second most powerful burst in the game for pvp, second only to arms warriors. There's a reason bm hunters are dominating the pvp ladders, and it's not because they suddenly became super skilled. What needs to happen is stampede needs to be changed back to not being useable in arenas and on a 10 min CD like it was supposed to be.
.. with this, i wanna see pallys lose bubbles. and druids lose tree forms. and priest beable to be silenced no matter what. all that needs to vanish from arenas as well
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
10/30/2012 10:45 PMPosted by Bogazz
.. with this, i wanna see pallys lose bubbles. and druids lose tree forms. and priest beable to be silenced no matter what. all that needs to vanish from arenas as well

Nah. More like reduce everyones burst by 60% and then do these changes:

1 Bubble/BoP per Arena and the removal of holy power (make WoG cost Mana)
1 Tree Form and a 2 minute CD on Displacer Beast
1 Dispersion and 1 Psyfiend/Psychic Scream
1 Avatar and Bladestorm
1 Deep Freeze and Frost Bomb combo and disable Ice Block
Chaos Bolt only when below 20% Health and cut the damage by 75% and disable Gateway
Not Allow Mana Tea in Arena
Chains of Ice 45 second cooldown as well as Blood Healing removed and Purgatory Disabled.
Vanish Disabled as well as Sap
Ascendance being disabled and Ghost Wolf no longer increasing moment speed.

There we go, now all Burst is dealt with, All burst healing is nerfed, and all immunity is gone. So you can just sit there and be a free honor kill and know how we'd felt for so long and are going to feel in the coming patch.
Edited by Livandria on 10/30/2012 11:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter

Mages, warriors, shadow priest, boomkins are still destroying things so I'm not sure why hunters got nerfed so badly even though LR was too powerful in its old state.

Because even though they deny it, there is a pecking order, a totem pole that Blizzard adhere's to and never shall hunters be off the bottom.
Reply Quote
Well, the Stampede arena bug which we've been talking about for weeks has finally been confirmed by Ghostcrawler.

It's probably responsible for 90% of the QQ about hunters and their pets. Rather than fix the bug we'll now suffer the collateral damage by seeing all the nerfs to LR, BW, etc.

Amazing that despite hunters dominating 2s and numerous videos about it that it was just found by the devs now.

/sadface
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
10/30/2012 11:39 PMPosted by Livandria
(make WoG cost Mana)

You realize that would 1: be a buff in pvp and 2: totally wreck single target pve healing, right?
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
I love how Beastial Wrath has been fine for over 4 years, but now all of a sudden someone gets the freaking nuts idea that it's just unacceptable and needs to be nerfed into the ground. Does Blizz even play the classes they nerf after the fact to see for themselves what they're doing?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Lynx Rush isn't as bad as you think. Well not for MM spec anyway considering you can Lynx Rush and then reset the timer to do it again. Just thinking outside the box.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
10/31/2012 03:01 PMPosted by Shivah
Lynx Rush isn't as bad as you think. Well not for MM spec anyway considering you can Lynx Rush and then reset the timer to do it again. Just thinking outside the box.

What are you talking about?! Every spec has readiness... not just marks.
Reply Quote
10/31/2012 03:01 PMPosted by Shivah

I don't think the LR bleed can stack more than 9 times. So readiness then another LR wouldn't do anything but probably add a couple of ticks at the end of the original LR.

Sound right?
Reply Quote
we need to test this stuff...
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Death Knight
Lynx Rush
Lynx Rush Hunter - LvL 75 Talent
100 yd range
Instant 1.5 min cooldown

Your pet rapidly charges from target to target, attacking 9 times over 4 sec. Each attack causes the target to bleed for 330 damage over 15 sec, stacking up to 9 times.

The pet must be within 10 yards of the target to Lynx Rush.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Does dmg vs dummies count in resil or do you need to be chopping off 50-60% of those numbers...
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
SoF
Not going to complain about hunters, but it would be nice if someone could explain how a 88 hunter could 2 shot me when I was 89? For a 240k health pool, kill command crit me for 180k. Now at 90, while it does even out somewhat, hunters are still one of the classes I have difficulty against.
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Mage
10/30/2012 11:39 PMPosted by Livandria

Nah. More like reduce everyones burst by 60% and then do these changes:

1 Bubble/BoP per Arena and the removal of holy power (make WoG cost Mana)
1 Tree Form and a 2 minute CD on Displacer Beast
1 Dispersion and 1 Psyfiend/Psychic Scream
1 Avatar and Bladestorm
1 Deep Freeze and Frost Bomb combo and disable Ice Block
Chaos Bolt only when below 20% Health and cut the damage by 75% and disable Gateway
Not Allow Mana Tea in Arena
Chains of Ice 45 second cooldown as well as Blood Healing removed and Purgatory Disabled.
Vanish Disabled as well as Sap
Ascendance being disabled and Ghost Wolf no longer increasing moment speed.

There we go, now all Burst is dealt with, All burst healing is nerfed, and all immunity is gone. So you can just sit there and be a free honor kill and know how we'd felt for so long and are going to feel in the coming patch.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
10/29/2012 09:31 PMPosted by Syugotenshi
Hunters need burst right now...this was too much.

You're joking right? Your spec is a skill less faceroll that has the second most powerful burst in the game for pvp, second only to arms warriors. There's a reason bm hunters are dominating the pvp ladders, and it's not because they suddenly became super skilled. What needs to happen is stampede needs to be changed back to not being useable in arenas and on a 10 min CD like it was supposed to be.

make you a deal -

You take stampede out of the game and I keep my LR the way it was before they nerfed rapid.

Deal?
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
Reminds me of our original top tier survival talent.... Lacerate
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]