MoP Caverns of Time instance

90 Human Paladin
I love the CoT instances more than the others mainly cause we get to relive an event in Azeroth's past. And I love that there is atleast one per expansion, even though Cata's didn't come til the last expansion.

Anyway and idea I thought of for one in MoP, is the beginning of the Pandaren revolution against the Mogu. Or another I just thought of, is the moment when Shaohao created and defeated the Sha.

Now with the way Cata ended with the aspects losing their powers this could cause a contradiction (not sure if that is the right word). The aspects might regain their powers somehow, who knows. Also some people would say, "Murazond died, we don't hve to worry about him and the infinites causing trouble." True he died, but in an alternate timeline in which DW won, but we killed him so that End Time never existed.

I'm sure there are other things in Pandaria history that would make an excellent CoT story. If any of you have some please feel free to share and maybe blizz will give us one someday.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I'm still waiting for an Orc based one where you drink Mannoroth's blood with Grom and kill Cenarius.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
Basically the other aspects have no power anymore, and have been discharged of (the majority) of their "uber power" duties. That being said, the reason that we even had COT instances was because of "nefarious powers" vying to alter the course of world history.

Since we no longer have said powers, having killed all the infinites and their leader (who was arguably the only threat, being Nozdormu's alter timeline) technically time is now safe, however, there could be methods through which the aspects are restored, or even [Wrathion/insert uber character here] enable us to travel to the past for some reason.

Lets say a Sha possesses a Bronze dragon, who has enough juice to go back in time, and Wrathion hotwires a CoT portal to send us back...the Sha in question is attempting to prevent the cataclysm, which can only be avoided by killing the Pandaren emperor/the wandering isle turtle before it got big/insert causal route here.

Given the CoT instances so far, alternate futures, loops and intersecting universes, there's no reason that the Retcon can't be retconned.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
bump for a good idea
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
I don't have any specific ideas, but I love the CoT instances and really miss them so more would be really awesome :)
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
02/04/2013 06:31 PMPosted by Berrorth
I don't have any specific ideas, but I love the CoT instances and really miss them so more would be really awesome :)

I think most of us had enough of CoT back when DS was the main raid......
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/04/2013 07:03 PMPosted by Waraila

I think most of us had enough of CoT back when DS was the main raid......

I can't really call DS a COT raid though...

you aren't going back in time to put things right, it's more of a Wyrmrest Temple raid.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
How about we go into the future instead of the past?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]