[A] Prot Pally LF Raid group

90 Human Paladin
Oh I remember you.

Time was I was having myself a rather !@#$ty day so I grabbed me some brew and let the booze take over my senses. I got on to trade chat and recall you saying you don't do well in guilds. Yet here you are proclaiming you are number 1. Hypocrisy it's your %^-*ing super power.

Let me let you in on a little secret: My gear in prot is mostly blues right now and I would still out tank your !@#. You lack skill and you know how I can tell? Your glyph and talent choices are terribad. Besides in our little trade chat conversation you mentioned you haven't been in many raids. I have raided for years, lead raids, been raiding with a guild 12 hours a week for two years solid. Not to mention any alt runs I do.

You don't know $%^-, you are pretty much just a lucky bastard who is trying to make up for his lack of skill with shiny loots.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Rogue
This. Thread. Is. So. Full. Of. Win.

stickyplease?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
This. Thread. Is. So. Full. Of. Win.

Sticky. Please.

Fixed.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
wow I don't even....
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
11/24/2012 03:07 PMPosted by Bàneslayer
Oh I remember you.

I never claimed to be the best.

Glyph and talent choices are based on player preference.

I don't know why you think I haven't been in many raids. I've been around for a long time and have done a ton of raids. The time you spend per week raiding doesn't appoint you to be the superior tank. But I'm not trying to compete with you anyways.

I don't know why you think I'm so clueless or why you think I'm so lucky but... as you are all so beautifully pointing out what I already stated, it's true that I don't do well with guilds. Do you know why? Look at the way you are all acting. I'm the only one trying to be nice here while you're all mocking me and giving your guilds a bad name. When I find a nice group of players with positive attitudes, I may consider joining a guild. If you all continue to act like children, I doubt that will ever happen.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
12/01/2012 10:13 PMPosted by Varaya
I'm the only one trying to be nice here while you're all mocking me and giving your guilds a bad name. When I find a nice group of players with positive attitudes, I may consider joining a guild. If you all continue to act like children, I doubt that will ever happen.

There are many things I have done that would 'give my guild a bad name' but posting in this thread is not one of them.

Your attitude about not joining guilds is just SCREAMING for people to respond in the manner that they have. It's an MMO. You join a guild to take part in their activities. It's what you do when you have a group of like-minded individuals that band together for a common goal. If you want to pug things great, have fun. But don't expect to consistently join guild activities without being in the guild. Sure people originally responded to the whole "I'M NUMBER ONE" part, but still trying to be a unique flower by insisting guild freedom is quite silly.

If you can't do well with guilds what would make anyone think you do well with raids? It's the same idea, just on a smaller scale.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Just a curious question. How old are you?
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Hunter
Varaya, I'd just like to point out that if one person has problems being in SEVERAL guilds... logically it's not the guild(s) fault, could be wrong here but patterns arise for a reason. That being said, you claimed to be the only one attempting to be nice and everyone jumped all over you... what I see is entirely different. Passive aggressive is still being aggressive. Almost everything you have said sounds prissy and argumentative, not at all what I would expect from an easy going kind of guy.

Anyways, sorry your thread got derailed, good luck on finding a group where guild membership isn't a requirement.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
My tone may seem prissy because that's how you are all reading it. I'm not putting any kind of negative attitude into my posts. I will briefly explain my opinion on guilds.

Guild name - Anything I say or do is also reflected onto the guild. Anything my guild says or does is also reflected onto me. This can be a pro or con.

Guild members - Con: Guilds usually already have a tight knit clique formed and don't give any new members a chance. They may also express actions of bullying and rejection. Pro: If they are very accepting, this opens up options for new friendships. Con: but this also grants more opportunities to be let down by people you care about.

Guild chat - Con: A lot of useless banter but I disable that anyways. Pro: People to talk to. Con: If they don't like you, they'll just ignore your comments.

It's not easy for a new person to fit in somewhere unless you try to impress them and act like them so they'll accept you. Besides, I'm not here to make friends. I just want to play. All the "friends" I've made on here are long gone and are probably never coming back.

Do I have issues interacting with strangers? Probably.
Do I get let down often? All the time.
Do I prefer to do stuff on my own? Yes, because then I know it will get done properly.

It's hard for me to rely on other people or to rely on "friends" to do the right thing because most people don't give a !@#$. There aren't many caring people in the world. In my opinion, most of them are selfish. They do what benefits them and don't care about anyone else. My negative attitude is now coming out in my post. It's not anger towards anybody here. It's anger towards people always disappointing me. That's the end of my emotional rant.

I'm not asking anybody to change their ways for me but I also don't want to change my ways for anybody else. Consider me like a mercenary. I am skill and well trained to perform the tasks that I am hired for. If you need a solid tank to fill in for your raid group because the main tank got called into work, I'm here.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]