Looking for the "right" guild...

I played the vanilla game and a bit of Burning Crusade before I left the game. After reading about the casualization of WoW and their release of the Monk class, I decided it might be worth coming back. I am enjoying the game so far (up to level 71 on my Monk) and I have decided it is finally time to join a guild.

Some things I am looking for in a guild are:

1. A guild that is right for me should demand maturity. This does not mean an age restriction should be in place, but a judgement of a person's ability to act right is needed. There are many "kids" which are really adults acting poorly which ruins the fun of the game for others and I would rather not deal with it. Cursing in chat or voice chat should be acceptable as long as it isn't excessive or disruptive.

2. I have a real life that takes priority over my gaming. I have a full time job and I am working on a master's degree online. My job also sends me around the world. A guild that is right for me should accept this and not demand any kind of schedule for maintaining guild membership.

3. We were all "noobs" at some point. A guild that is right for me should not judge someone based on their gear (item level) or ability to play "perfectly" according to a person's image of a tank/healer/dps. We all make mistakes and gear and player skill can be improved. Strategies can be revised. Membership or guild rank should have nothing to do with these temporary things.

4. Voice chat is a must. I would prefer to avoid using Skype or any program which reduces my internet anonymity. TeamSpeak, Ventrilo, and even Mumble are acceptable. Voice chat improves guild cohesion and reduces the strain on our keyboards and fingers.

If you are in a guild that you think matches those qualities, I am interested in learning more. If your guild spams random invites to people without any kind of screening, don't even bother replying to this thread.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Death Knight
1. A guild that is right for me should demand maturity. This does not mean an age restriction should be in place, but a judgement of a person's ability to act right is needed. There are many "kids" which are really adults acting poorly which ruins the fun of the game for others and I would rather not deal with it. Cursing in chat or voice chat should be acceptable as long as it isn't excessive or disruptive.

What's the point if you can't call your guildies' mothers unsavory things while simultaneously telling them to get back in the kitchen and make you a sandwich?!
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
11/03/2012 11:10 PMPosted by Quetzal

What's the point if you can't call your guildies' mothers unsavory things while simultaneously telling them to get back in the kitchen and make you a sandwich?!

You just summed up my guild in one concise sentence. Well done. :P
Reply Quote
91 Tauren Druid
Except for the part about having voice chat, you sound like you'd be a perfect fit for us. Unfortunately, we're horde and you are alliance. Good luck on your search.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Monk
Legion of the phoenix seems to be just what you looking for. We have dedicated vent. Almost all of our members are older players that like to joke around but also respecting one another. We are a lvl 25 guild with very active players while not inviteing just anyone to the guild. We do not discriminate on lvl or item lvl and we all understand that real life takes priority over gaming. Hit me up in game on Dimentional, Scytso, Or Expiration. Those are my mains that i use. Hope to hear from you soon.
Edited by Dimentional on 2/5/2013 11:11 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]