Conquest Point Cap Increase

(Locked)

91 Pandaren Monk

I think because it's the first season of the expansion the alt gearing problem seems worse. A lot of people are still levelling alts and just aren't putting as much time into arena because of all the other stuff that's going on.

Regarding offspec's and latecomers, imo they should start from the bottom like everyone else. It's not too late for latecomers to get caught up, especially if the team has a decent rating.

The problem with the current system is it rewards you strictly off of how much you play and how early you started playing, and skill to a very small degree as you get a higher cap as you progress. Latecomers will always be guaranteed to be however many weeks behind and it's annoying.

I leveled my pally first and then decided I didn't like Blizz's changes to Shockadin at 90 so I leveled my mage up. Now since I didn't level my mage first and she was 2 weeks behind on getting conquest points I can never catch players who decided to PvP with their first toon gear wise. I'd be perfectly fine with this if gear didn't play the insanely huge role that it does in PvP. Unfortunately, especially with the introduction of PvP Power, even having a few less pieces, or a few pieces that are a tier under your opponent puts you at a huge disadvantage.

I completely agree they should start from the bottom, welfare epics are one of my most hated features in the game, but I don't like that you're forced to start at the bottom and no matter how good you are, no matter how much effort you put in, no matter what you do you can never overcome those players who all they did was start playing a couple weeks earlier than you did.

Yes you can raise your cap by getting a higher rating, this is meant to be between players of approximately the same skill/rating.

Mate, don't even try to tell us you're stuck at a certain rating because 1-2 slots of your character are a few item levels behind someone else.

In fact, it's exactly that kind of attitude that will forever ensure you stay at those ratings, because you refuse to take personal responsibility and learn to overcome whatever is plaguing you in the matches...and believe me, it isn't because your character is avg ilvl 458 and someone else is 460.
90 Worgen Druid
I will applaud if conquest points earned by main can be shared by some percentage by alts. Why not? Make it easier for us to keep our alts current and we will appreciate that and still have plenty to do.
90 Undead Warlock
11/06/2012 08:38 AMPosted by Willyferrel
In other news, the 1000 VP cap (which is already impossible to get to even with the WHOAH 40 PT INCREASE TO 1 DUNGEON A DAY) is going to remain the same, cause " That is working as inteded."

You can cap VP by just doing dailies...QQ more
85 Troll Shaman
Please fixed the gain from Arena!
100 Gnome Priest
they need to drop the 180 points to 100/50 points per game so you will play more.
85 Night Elf Druid
Does this mean seeing as the base cap has gone up all caps will raise?

like last week i had a 3,000 CP cap in Rbgs Does that mean it will not be 3,550?

Nvm got answer after logging on xD thanks
Edited by Nitemyst on 11/6/2012 12:46 PM PST
90 Human Warrior
Half my guilds point cap raised, half of theirs didn't (including mine)... /sadface

edit: seems like if people were on after daily reset but before servers went down the point cap didn't change.
Edited by Tsxlol on 11/6/2012 12:54 PM PST
90 Human Warlock
my cap didnt increase =(
I didn't get the increased point cap either, but my two arena partners did get the point increase.

Sad indeed.
90 Night Elf Druid
Logged in cap is still the same. It's increased on my warlock though.
90 Undead Mage
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7004695238?page=1#7
90 Orc Warrior
Disagree with this decision. Taking away all the incentives to get better in pvp. Why not just give us all the gear and be done with it? The system in wrath was a great work and reward system. Gain some rating, gain some points, focus on one or two toons.

Why is the pvp system moving so far away from the progression system in pve? Keep having less and less to work for.
90 Goblin Priest
While more conquest points is helpful, this still doesn't really address alts, latecomers to the season, and offspecs. Simply put, if you are any of these, you may have to forget pvp until next season, as the gap between malev and dreadful was increased by quite a bit when they nerfed dreadful.

Will the amount of conquest earned per win be increased as well?

How is having a higher conq cap not helpful for latecomers or even off specs? Simply put, you don't have to wait for a new season halfway through this one.
100 Undead Warlock
While more conquest points is helpful, this still doesn't really address alts, latecomers to the season, and offspecs. Simply put, if you are any of these, you may have to forget pvp until next season, as the gap between malev and dreadful was increased by quite a bit when they nerfed dreadful.

Will the amount of conquest earned per win be increased as well?

How is having a higher conq cap not helpful for latecomers or even off specs? Simply put, you don't have to wait for a new season halfway through this one.

Because the whole reason they are increasing the cap is because everyone now needs more conquest in order to not only get their gear, but now upgrade it as well. Nothing is really changed at all.
90 Draenei Warrior
IF you didnt get the new increased conquest point cap,

this is a bug and if you logged in between point reset and server downtime, then u DONT get the new increased conquest cap. (1800 for 1.5k arena and 2200 for 1.5k rbg)

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7004695238?page=2
Why is there still a disparity between RBG and Arenas? It hurts specs that cannot or will not be brought to RBGS in the long run because we are, even with high ratings in 3's/5's, still gaining upwards of 1500 points a week less than our RBG counterparts.

What gives? The incentive for RBGS is the RBGs, the mount, and the title. Arena'ers shouldn't be punished for rolling a spec that cannot do RBGS.
90 Human Paladin
well regarding this change i have opened 2 tickets now because this change affected my warlock for no reason. i have done on rated battlegrounds on him but my 90 ret paladin has not had a change in the conquest cap AT all like i was supposed to. can you help with this?
90 Human Paladin
Dude i dont think that !@#$ is working on the paladins or some %^-*! Every one that ran with me that is 2k+ cr rbgs has a 3.3k cap right now and me and my other Paladin friend still have the 2700 cap for some reason... Blizz needs to fix this now! really pissin me off
90 Human Paladin
its a bug bro they are doing a hot fix on it soon enough. really hoping before week ends though
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]