BMAH is boring!

90 Blood Elf Mage
11/06/2012 11:32 AMPosted by Gnømercy
Seriously, who wants to buy an enchanted broom for 10k? Or any other pet that can be bought on just about any realm for under 5k? Breanni needs her meds adjusted or something. And the lack of selection of items to bid on is ridiculous. I have never seen more than 3 items listed at a single time.

You sound rich... and bored. Maybe you should ring the bell and have the butler come 'round as to kick him in the balls again.

No, I am far from rich (having 20k on a single character is rich?) and rarely bored (if the game is boring, it's time to do something else). I am disappointed in the BMAH, because there is so much they could be doing with it, and they're not. Blizz could put up enough items to offer something to everyone, every class, but instead, they are being very limited with the selection.

Obviously, I am not the only person who is of the opinion that the BMAH could be so much more than what it is currently.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
11/06/2012 07:01 AMPosted by Solarnova
You'll be surprised how many folks on each realm have a lot of money. There are people who have been doing nothing but dailies since they first arrived in the late Burning Crusade, and more prevalent in Wrath of the Lich King. That is a lot of gold.

I need to say that no one gets "rich" just by doing dailies!
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
I love the BMAH! Now, if only Teebu's Blazing Longsword would appear...

Oh, i got that sword yesterday while doing my weekly MC for Staff of Hale Magefire. Dunno if I should sell it.
Edited by Mystikia on 11/6/2012 11:45 AM PST
Reply Quote
11/06/2012 11:36 AMPosted by Cheakz
If you visit it every day for a month and there is never anything useful or you don't want to buy something, then you aren't the demographic for the BMAH. If you aren't going to try and buy that class appropriate piece of 509, then you don't need the BMAH. If you aren't going to try and buy that piece of PvP gear that you could use for Arenas, then you don't need the BMAH. If you aren't a fanatical pet collector it isn't for you. If you aren't going to use T3 Xmogs, it's not for you. If you don't care about the random TCG items, it isn't for you.

There are plenty of items I would love to buy, many of which aren't available in the game anymore. However, the chances of me ever seeing them on the AH are so slim that it's just not worth bothering with it. Every day I'll go check it and every day I'll be disappointed at the fact that there just isn't a worthwhile selection of items there to try and bid on. There is only one type of person the BMAH is for: people who want to spend a lot of gold on items they can't normally find on the AH.

So telling me that the AH isn't for me because I don't want to buy T3 or a rather common pet is just stupid.

Claiming it's broken is just wrong. The limit on the items, is so that the prices don't plummet and they stay high enough for it to continue to be a viable gold sink. If a piece of T3 is up that I want, you better believe I will drop every single gold coin I have in order to try and get it because it might not be up for a few more months. As for putting a buyout on it, why? 10-20x the starting price basically puts everything at a 100k-200k buyout and leaves 0 possibility of it going for more than that which would mean the gold sink isn't working as well as can be. Also, it eliminates the possibility for some people to be able to try and win it because the only time you'd really need to look at it would be at around 12:30am when, at least for my server, the new items get posted.

It's not working as a gold sink, therefore it's broken. Flight training is a gold sink because EVERYONE wants it and is willing to spend thousands of gold to get it. Cool mounts like the Expedition Yak are good gold sinks because everyone wants it and is willing to spend a hundred thousand gold to get it (if they have it to spend).

There is absolutely zero appeal for the vast majority of players to spend gold on the BMAH 99.9999999% of the time, therefore it is not functioning as a gold sink.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
Yep. I don't see why you said "stop," either, since there have never been any mandatory payments outside of the subscription cost.People are already spending a metric ton of money buying gold... if they weren't, gold buying would not be an issue.Giving players a RMAH would help to alleviate that issue.It would have to be heavily restricted, of course. But it could potentially be a good thing for the game.

You obviously did not play Diablo with the RMAH. The gold farmers control that also. In fact,its even worse.

Time is money friend.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Hey Blizzard, can we add every single Gladiator Mount and Elite Gladiator Armor from every season to the BMAH rotation?

I mean, 1% drop rate mounts, the same percentage of Arena competitors who get stuff, and completely discontinued armor and mounts from extinct content is on there. Its only fair.

Right PVP guys? You're all about fairness and your content getting equal treatment to our content right?

You wouldn't want one kind of content to get special treatment over the other, would you PVP players?

But they're not on equal footing. =/

If they put something like the black proto drake up, then yes, gladiator mounts would be fine. If not, no.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Agreed. You put 1% mounts, put PVP <1% ranking mounts there. Watch the rage then from all those who are telling people to just get gold lol.

In fact PVP mounts are easy, people can pay for them, but Ony you can't pay to have it drop. So let's start seeing all gladiator mounts up on BMAH.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
11/06/2012 11:32 AMPosted by Gnømercy
Seriously, who wants to buy an enchanted broom for 10k? Or any other pet that can be bought on just about any realm for under 5k? Breanni needs her meds adjusted or something. And the lack of selection of items to bid on is ridiculous. I have never seen more than 3 items listed at a single time.

You sound rich... and bored. Maybe you should ring the bell and have the butler come 'round as to kick him in the balls again.

LOL.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Where and what is the black market auction house?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
11/06/2012 07:28 AMPosted by Swarbear
Every time something good comes up on my realm, it gold caps. Gear, mounts, old vanity items (ex: Arcanite Ripper). I wish some of us had a chance to get them, but the gold buyers will always win. :(

It's not gold buyers that are winning these auctions, the amount of real money it would take to buy 1 million gold it would take to win a BMAH cap bid at an average of $10 / 10k gold would cost $1000 (now I don't doubt there are a very few people that might buy that much gold) BUT if all of a sudden there's a 1mil gold trade I'm pretty sure that would flag blizzard to see where that gold came from and why it's being handed to some one from a level 1 toon with a name like Hasdlkasd! The truly rich 1% got that way by playing the auction house on their servers. Gold sellers are a problem, but I don't think they impact the BMAH to much of a degree.
Edited by Lÿthe on 11/6/2012 12:09 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
You should at least get an achievement for buying a rediculously overpriced pet mount or piece of gear!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk

There are plenty of items I would love to buy, many of which aren't available in the game anymore. However, the chances of me ever seeing them on the AH are so slim that it's just not worth bothering with it. Every day I'll go check it and every day I'll be disappointed at the fact that there just isn't a worthwhile selection of items there to try and bid on. There is only one type of person the BMAH is for: people who want to spend a lot of gold on items they can't normally find on the AH.

So telling me that the AH isn't for me because I don't want to buy T3 or a rather common pet is just stupid.

It's not working as a gold sink, therefore it's broken. Flight training is a gold sink because EVERYONE wants it and is willing to spend thousands of gold to get it. Cool mounts like the Expedition Yak are good gold sinks because everyone wants it and is willing to spend a hundred thousand gold to get it (if they have it to spend).

There is absolutely zero appeal for the vast majority of players to spend gold on the BMAH 99.9999999% of the time, therefore it is not functioning as a gold sink.

Flight training costs like what? 10k for everyone of them at level 90 and even then I'm sure there are tons of people who don't bother with master flying and even a few more that may not bother with Epic. The yak isn't for everyone it's just nice to have if you're a raider. The BMAH isn't for everyone, and getting upset because it obviously isn't for you (pvp and raiding items you aren't willing to buy, T3 you aren't there for, pets you aren't there for) because you probably want that Teebu's for 800g is no reason to say it's not working. The BMAH is for people who do have a lot of gold and are looking to possibly spend it, not to be an NPC driven establishment that sells every single thing not available to a player anymore. "<Insert Boutique Store Name> doesn't have what I want, it obviously is not working" is basically the logic you're using.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I just check the BMAH for inspiration for things I might want to persue in-game.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
The truly rich 1% got that way by playing the auction house on their servers. Gold sellers are a problem, but I don't think they impact the BMAH to much degree.

Thats true. Personally I've been auto-temp banned several times for "abuse of the economy" but its always overturned upon investigation. I know many of the other people I bid against on the BMAH... we laugh about it and tease each other (cross-faction through Skype - we all know each other). Theres no gold buyers there. For one thing, on most realms gold sellers can't deliver fast enough for a buyer to complete a high-dollar/gold BMAH sale.

Even if it were not impracticable, gold buying is usually stupid for BMAH... I can see some desperate person MAYBE buying gold for a 509 item because he is concerned about his contribution. But to be honest, any progression guild worth its salt would pool their resources to buy him a key piece if it was that important, not risk his account being cancelled by pressuring him to trade real world cash for gold. Nah... 99.99% of the time it would be just stupid. And I do not think that many players are stupid.

I do not mean to completely discount the concerns people have about these situations, because I'm sure there are exceptions to every rule, but in my personal experience, most people who play BMAH are just typical Joe's who get their fun out of playing the AH more than they do out of playing PvE or PvP - as opposed to Evil invaders from Mars.

Accuse us of having No Life (honestly I'd say 99% of Americans have no life including the IRL rich ones like Trump and Romney) but do not accuse us of cheating at this game.

What do we do? I'll admit we take advantage of player (human) weaknesses like greed, pride, things like that

*chuckle*

But then all the BMAH does is take advantage of the same - In Us.
Edited by Calliesta on 11/6/2012 12:43 PM PST
Reply Quote
The bmah is pretty disappointing. It was billed as a way to get RARE items, things like gear that is no longer attainable and tcg items, then I go visit it and the only thing on there is a cat that you can buy in dalaran/netherstorm for 40g, with a bid of 10k WTF.

Take the worthless crap off of it and keep items rolling. Otherwise get it out of BFE and just stick it in the temples so we can at least check it without going out of our way.

It just seems such a worthless thing they spent dev time on when they could have been improving the faction ah ui that really needs work.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
11/05/2012 09:39 PMPosted by Chmurka

Drape of Gathering Clouds just sold over here for...

441,000 Gold

Oh hi
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
11/06/2012 12:13 PMPosted by Calliesta
The truly rich 1% got that way by playing the auction house on their servers. Gold sellers are a problem, but I don't think they impact the BMAH to much degree.

most people who play BMAH are just typical Joe's who get their fun out of playing the AH more than they do out of playing PvE or PvP - as opposed to Evil invaders from Mars.

Average Joes don't spend 15 hours a day playing a video game.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
11/06/2012 12:20 PMPosted by Fudgesicle
Average Joes don't spend 15 hours a day playing a video game.

I do not know what the average is, nor do you, Sir... unless you work for Blizzard.

That said, anecdotal, I know many people who spend 15 hours a day working at their Real Jobs (or at least thinking and !@#$%ing about them for 15 hours + a day)

Who do you feel more sorry for.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
BMAH is just bad
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]