BMAH is boring!

100 Human Paladin
The Black Market Auction House features a wide variety of items. One week it might have something like an Enchanted Broom, the next week Ashes of Al'ar. It's completely random, and varies per realm. Certainly there have been items up on a few realms that people hit the bid cap on.

Just keep watching, it's bound to have something you want sooner or later. Only trick is, it'll probably be desirable to other people too. Good luck!

One week it might really bore me and the next week I'll never look again.

Seriously BMAH IS FAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just saying.
Reply Quote
91 Pandaren Monk
I have a post about how to spice the BMAH a bit, and make it feel more black markety!:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7006345890#1

A quick summary: Either remove class restrictions on old tier that shows up on the BMAH or add Challenge mode esk gear tokens for each old tier so classes can acquire other classes armor models.
Reply Quote
94 Gnome Mage
The Black Market Auction House features a wide variety of items. One week it might have something like an Enchanted Broom, the next week Ashes of Al'ar. It's completely random, and varies per realm. Certainly there have been items up on a few realms that people hit the bid cap on.

Just keep watching, it's bound to have something you want sooner or later. Only trick is, it'll probably be desirable to other people too. Good luck!

So whats the deal when a realm (mine) gets zero items for an entire rotation?

Seriously, if they're not selling anything why are they all still standing around. Go home!
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
Its just buying a blue pet should NOT opening bid 10k with 10k intervals. Blizzard people go to auctions for deals, or for things you cannot get elsewhere, you got the second part right but the first is way out of control. Blue items should have 1k opening with 1k intervals, usually then they would either go for less or people would work to drive them up to win them.

Nobody is buying a Mulgore Hatchling for 10k Blizzard get real here.
Reply Quote
I think the only thing I see as a waste of space is all the Transmog Bracers that pop up. 99% of mog covers the bracers anyways.

that and Mog Caster pants. No point when you wear a robe.

Why is your toon slightly off center?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
Ive seen Invincible's reigns it sold for 500k
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
11/08/2012 01:25 PMPosted by Deafwing
will never be used by the overwhelming majority of players

This was the point. It was there to give the absurdly rich players a place to dump their gold.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock

The point was that the pets are priced too high. The other day "Brianni" had up the Obsidian Hatchling for 10K.. you can buy it from a vendor for 50-100g (can't remember exactly, but it's the pet vendor in Dalaran). A little market research would have told you this. There's an addon that can see what's on every AH out there, how many are up, average price etc. Your scaling on pets is way out in left field.

Yes, I love it for the fact my lock is now wearing T3 priest shoulders, but I have yet to see anything else from that tier.
Edited by Ghoulîna on 11/19/2012 3:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Stop putting up bombay cats.

Put the spirit of competition & I'll throw my gold at the pandas.

I agree with me from eariler this month. Still seeing friggin' bombay cats.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
I really don't like how in MOP so far it's really a rich mans sport. BMAH, Brawlers Guild.. What next?
Reply Quote
60 Worgen Rogue
The last two times I've been there was:

1) A single item that had already been sold
2) Absolutely nothing

Exhilarating!
Reply Quote
1 Pandaren Rogue
I have a post about how to spice the BMAH a bit, and make it feel more black markety!:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7006345890#1

A quick summary: Either remove class restrictions on old tier that shows up on the BMAH or add Challenge mode esk gear tokens for each old tier so classes can acquire other classes armor models.

There is no class restriction on the old tier (T3) that shows up on the BMAH.

That being said, I too am a bit dissatisfied with the BMAH. Checked last night - "Oh yay, captured firefly for 10k. Yeah, I'd love to spend 10k on that when you can purchase it on the normal AH for 2k on average."

Seriously, do away with the superfluous garbage.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Black market auction house is awesome. Sure, it's a bummer that lame stuff is put up there, or nothing at all, but it's an awesome way to get items if you have the gold to get it.
Reply Quote
I know its almost been 2 years since you commented, but I just wanted you to know that I found your comment Hilarious... Good night
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I recently bought the best in slot heroic warforged bracers for my Shaman and got them for a sweet 22k I believe. Since I'm not in a heroic 25man raiding guild(I prefer PvP) this was the only way I'd have gotten them. I love the AH and do not mind farming for hours to make the gold to buy stuff!

It's not boring to me either, like a fortune cookie you never know what's going to be inside.
Edited by Sugarpaws on 11/16/2013 10:27 PM PST
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Hunter
Put the spirit of competition & I'll throw my gold at the pandas.
I'll remove that mask before they do that! D:<

Blargh, a necro!
Edited by Mauklindaufe on 11/16/2013 10:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I know its almost been 2 years since you commented, but I just wanted you to know that I found your comment Hilarious... Good night

It's bad form on these forums to bump threads over a month old, even if the thread is still relevant. If you survive this without any type of 'vacation' it'd be a good idea not to do this again. Just a friendly heads-up.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]