BMAH is boring!

90 Pandaren Hunter

No.

You do know people buy millions of gold every day for cash and then use it on the AH?

Why not cut out the gold farmers?

You do know we pay 15$ a month to play this game, what you mentioned is illegal and your statistic is completely unfounded?

Why not stop implementing microtransactions in a subscription service?
Reply Quote
95 Night Elf Druid
11/05/2012 07:19 PMPosted by Lometos
Stop asking for things to be handed to you.

Buying mounts and epics off the BMAH isn't having things handed to you?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
The Black Market Auction House features a wide variety of items. One week it might have something like an Enchanted Broom, the next week Ashes of Al'ar. It's completely random, and varies per realm. Certainly there have been items up on a few realms that people hit the bid cap on.

Just keep watching, it's bound to have something you want sooner or later. Only trick is, it'll probably be desirable to other people too. Good luck!

What about when pets you can buy from a vendor are up for 10k bid start. Thats pretty underhanded to trick someone.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
11/05/2012 07:29 PMPosted by Gulder

Optional services... wait for it... are optional.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Well, pretty sure the BMAH is just designed to be a top level gold sink. There are plenty of items on the regular AH for the "average joe" to sink their money into. But to get those who have so much more gold, you need to up the stakes, put out items they'll really want and will be willing to spend lots of gold on.

Of course, the interaction between the BMAH and gold sellers is another issue.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Death Knight
The Black Market Auction House features a wide variety of items. One week it might have something like an Enchanted Broom, the next week Ashes of Al'ar. It's completely random, and varies per realm. Certainly there have been items up on a few realms that people hit the bid cap on.

Just keep watching, it's bound to have something you want sooner or later. Only trick is, it'll probably be desirable to other people too. Good luck!
What about when pets you can buy from a vendor are up for 10k bid start. Thats pretty underhanded to trick someone.

I think it's hilarious. A fool and their money...
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Warrior
11/05/2012 07:30 PMPosted by Ginx
Stop asking for things to be handed to you.

Buying mounts and epics off the BMAH isn't having things handed to you?

...? That's the literal opposite of having something handed to you.

What you just said is so stupid I'm really not sure if you're joking or not.

If you're spending 10k+ on an item and you're not even willing to put forth the effort to check where it drops/who sells it/etc, you're going to have a bad time at the BMAH - or the normal AH, for that matter.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
It is completely meaningless to me. I finally found it, but I would never drop that much for an item, even if I had it. I have some spare gold from glyph and enchant making, but it is not worth the cost. Too much effort for a stupid feature. A few gold capped types may snag a couple things, but that is far less impact on the server than allowing items to be truly bind on account would be.

Come on Blizzard, focus on the useful things.
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
11/05/2012 07:08 PMPosted by Firetøfire
The Black Market Auction House features a wide variety of items. One week it might have something like an Enchanted Broom, the next week Ashes of Al'ar.
Yet, the sad part is 99.9999% of the realm cant afford this + its only up once an eternity, no point in trying to snag it if your an average joe. Do something blizzard. And I saw a "white quality pet" on the BMAH for 23G a few days ago, must have been bugged.

hah, al'ar. better off farming TK every week than spending the 999k gold its bound to go for on the BMAH

on that note, i saw mimirons head on there today for 999,999gold. i laughed and continued on my mining route
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
11/05/2012 07:35 PMPosted by Onionrings

Optional services... wait for it... are optional.

Yep. I don't see why you said "stop," either, since there have never been any mandatory payments outside of the subscription cost.

People are already spending a metric ton of money buying gold... if they weren't, gold buying would not be an issue.

Giving players a RMAH would help to alleviate that issue.

It would have to be heavily restricted, of course. But it could potentially be a good thing for the game.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I also have felt like the BMAH hasn't really come through on the promise of rare or hard to get items. Maybe also do replica tier 2 PVP gear. that could be an interesting item to buy...

Regardless, please spice this up. It's incredibly lacking.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
Could we get maybe a few less Flintlocke's Blasthammer on Medivh? the rate its going I'm going to be surprised to see a hunter without this gun.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin

Hey, Brennvin.

I've seen some interesting things pop up on my realm's BMAH, for sure. Several days ago, Invincible was up there, which was interesting.

I think the problem is not with "how" BMAH is working, but rather the frequency of items. Is it capped at 3 listings? Is there a reason ... ? It feels like you could easily jack that up to 5 or even 10 listings at a time and I doubt anyone would complain. Might make it a touch more interesting, too.

Great feature. We just want it expanded, is all. ;D
Reply Quote
95 Night Elf Druid
...? That's the literal opposite of having something handed to you.

Please explain more about this theory of yours that says you being able to buy something it might have taken someone else weeks of wiping in a raid to get is not having something handed to you.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
I don't think the bmah should always have something amazing on it but I have to agree that pets for 10k that can be easily found and bought for 1k is foolish. I would prefer that nothing be on the bmah than something that no one would buy. Other than the argent tournament pets and stuff though I have been pretty happy with the bmah.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
11/05/2012 05:51 PMPosted by Liriell
Seriously, who wants to buy an enchanted broom for 10k? Or any other pet that can be bought on just about any realm for under 5k? Breanni needs her meds adjusted or something. And the lack of selection of items to bid on is ridiculous. I have never seen more than 3 items listed at a single time.

Drape of Gathering Clouds just sold over here for...

441,000 Gold
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]