BMAH is boring!

100 Blood Elf Paladin
11/05/2012 07:29 PMPosted by Gulder
You do know we pay 15$ a month to play this game, what you mentioned is illegal and your statistic is completely unfounded?

While yes i would agree a rmah would most likely kill the game along with others, something being illegal doesn't mean people aren't stupid enough not to buy gold.

There is a reason why there are so many gold sellers and hacked accounts......because the people who sell gold or bot accounts actually get business from primarily people who feel farming or abusing the ah for gold in a game is pointless when they can buy over 10k for $10 off some site putting to shame what most people make in the game after only an hour of work at a job.

Point is do not underestimate the lengths people will go through just to get an edge in a game they "don't have the time to play like everyone else" even if it means their account can get banned for doing so.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
I've been holding off on buying anything from the BMAH. I'm hoping that it will actually work as a gold sink, and that prices will fall significantly as other players spend their gold on bidding wars early on, paving the way for some good deals several months down the road.
Edited by Keeblik on 11/5/2012 9:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
CFT
11/05/2012 06:58 PMPosted by Brennvin
Certainly there have been items up on a few realms that people hit the bid cap on.

Definitely not Suramar! Zero mounts, only one really exciting pet (Dragon Kite), and tons of crap (T3 bracers is a joke >_>)

Yet to see any Frostfire pieces either :(
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Phoenix was on my server the other day.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Rogue
Five items in our's today: a couple t3 pieces, white hawkstrider, an ilvl 500ish item, and a pet

edit: should add I'm one of those 1% players with money to throw away. I check daily but the only item I wanted (t3 priest gloves) I conceded to a guildmate)
Edited by Ozark on 11/5/2012 10:22 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
It'd be nice if Breanni would stop trying to scam people. The other day I saw a pet you can buy for like 50g from a vendor up for 10,000g.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
I've yet to see a single item on the BMAH that I want... Guess that's a good thing so I don't have to waste gold but seeing pets there at 10K starting when they are sold in the world for 60S is just nuts
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
will this ever be on BMAH? Black Qiraji Resonating Crystal

i am prepared to give my left nut for it.

I will give both my nuts. And my third one too.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
wouldn't mind seeing the right binding from MC get listed there... I've had that legendary quest for months now because RNG isn't in my favor!
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
can we at least make the stuff in it Not BOP, that way It might be worth getting stuff for my alts.

seriously what is the point in me paying 10K for a piece of level 60 mail armor that I can't send to my alts
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warlock
It's sadly not for the average player.

You know those people with no dang life that play the AH all day?
These are their Heroics.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
11/05/2012 10:21 PMPosted by Shanicey
It'd be nice if Breanni would stop trying to scam people. The other day I saw a pet you can buy for like 50g from a vendor up for 10,000g.

Cat Carrier (Bombay) is up today for 2G from Wodin the Troll-Servant. Was kinda funny seeing that next to Breanni's Parrot Cage (Green Wing Macaw) for 10,000G.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Warrior
11/05/2012 09:21 PMPosted by Ginx
...? That's the literal opposite of having something handed to you.

Please explain more about this theory of yours that says you being able to buy something it might have taken someone else weeks of wiping in a raid to get is not having something handed to you.

Trading a currency for something is literally the opposite of being handed it. Was my laptop handed to me by Asus when I bought it? Was my TV handed to me by Sony when I bought it?

If Blizzard gave everyone who logged on between November 5th - November 12th a free rare mount of their choosing in the mail, that would be getting handed it.

Gold is a proxy for time in this game and being able to purchase something with gold is the equivalent of paying time. Instead of spending 100 hours farming an instance for a rare drop, maybe you spent 100 hours farming ore and sold that ore for gold to purchase that rare drop, there's no real difference.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage

Please explain more about this theory of yours that says you being able to buy something it might have taken someone else weeks of wiping in a raid to get is not having something handed to you.

so farming, doing dailies, and working the AH to make a profit isn't the same as someone who only logs in to raid and does it maybe 4 times a week at 4 hours a night? 16 hours worth of raiding is worth more than weeks of gold making and saving..?

lol, that's rather ignorant of you. the people who spent the gold on the item arguably worked harder to get it. there's a slight chance something like Invincible or Mimiron's Head will show up on the BMAH; however, back when the content was relevant, these mounts dropped 100% of the time when their bosses were killed on HM. 0 lights was much harder to get than HM LK, but once a guild did it the first time, they usually just farmed it until most people in the guild had the mount. i'd consider giving the mount to a social in the guild, whome you carried, because the raid group already had it more of a hand out then working to make the gold needed to buy it at astronomical prices.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Monk
A Gryphon goes just as fast as Ashes of A'lar.
I dont get the point youre trying to make here.

The point he is making is that you don't NEED these items. Things like Ashes and other ultra rare vanity items are not meant for everyone to have.

Until the BMAH came around the only way to get rare vanity items was to farm religiously and have extreme luck. With the high prices and varying items spawns, things are still somewhat the same because you still have to farm to get money and you still have to get lucky enough to get what you want to show up in BMAH.

I, too, would love to get the Ashes, but I'm not going to get upset that I probably never will.
Reply Quote
100 Human Monk

So the people buying the gear for hundreds of thousands of gold just had that gold to start without putting any effort in to get it? I wish I was playing that game.
Reply Quote
- Hearthstone
97 Tauren Paladin
11/05/2012 09:51 PMPosted by Aesix
invincible on bmah?

No one but Blizzard knows the true extent of what the BMAH can provide, but so far it looks like ANY mount, pet, and epic piece of gear (relevant tier, unobtainable T3, etc.) are free game. As mentioned a few posts back from mine here, I would not be surprised to see a Black Qiraji Resonating Crystal pop up, and bid-capped within 15 minutes.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
So far I've seen the green proto, the vitreous stone drake, Ashes of Al'ar, and the red rocket from TCG (X-51 or something... can't remember) as well as two or three heroic gear pieces.. but there were also some lvl 60 transmog pieces I can't remember. Getting even the opportunity to BID on BOP items is pretty neat imo. And if the nicer items showed up all the time, they wouldn't be that rare, would they?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]