BMAH is boring!

The Black Market Auction House features a wide variety of items. One week it might have something like an Enchanted Broom, the next week Ashes of Al'ar. It's completely random, and varies per realm. Certainly there have been items up on a few realms that people hit the bid cap on.

Just keep watching, it's bound to have something you want sooner or later. Only trick is, it'll probably be desirable to other people too. Good luck!

Why does it have items that can be obtained for a much lower cost and effort?

Probably to make it seem like the real auction house.
Reply Quote
27 Pandaren Hunter
Simple answer don't go to the BMAH then.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Mage
I like the bmah almost got myself a Reins of the Drake of the South Wind got outbid after i logged off :(. And had a good laugh when I saw someone bought a Obsidian Hatchling for 13k (which you can buy in dal for 50g)

Hahaha.
Edited by Elystia on 11/6/2012 3:15 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
11/05/2012 06:58 PMPosted by Brennvin
One week it might have something like an Enchanted Broom, the next week Ashes of Al'ar.

Or a cat pet you can buy for 40s outside of SW. It's comical really.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
The Rivendare mount was up there last night was at 33k. I will bet it went/goes much higher.
Reply Quote
I think the goal was to get money out of the economy without flooding the game with large quantities of "rare" items.

Plus, if the spawn chance is so low on the BMAH, there's a better chance players will pay more for it, taking more money out of the economy.

I highly doubt that the BMAH has any relative effect on the economy. There's probably hundreds of millions of gold pumped into and out of the economy every day. 100k gold from the BMAH will not make a dent in it. Heck, all the crap I've seen up on the BMAH on my server usually sells for 10k-20k.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
My two major issues with it are;
1: At most I've see 4 items up for bid usualy it is 2-3.
2: The min bid seems to always be 10k no mater what it is.

That in and of it self is boring. It makes it useless because there is litterly no reason to check it because there is nothing to buy, or I could ever afford to buy.
Reply Quote
My two major issues with it are;
1: At most I've see 4 items up for bid usualy it is 2-3.
2: The min bid seems to always be 10k no mater what it is.

That in and of it self is boring. It makes it useless because there is litterly no reason to check it because there is nothing to buy, or I could ever afford to buy.

I can afford to buy stuff, but I will agree that the 10k min bid is terrible since half the crap up there probably wont even sell for 10k.

They definitely need to add more items (at least a few) and probably should lower the min big on some of the crappy items. I'd say almost half the stuff I've seen up there is always sitting @ 10k and probably doesn't sell (I see it at 10k with medium/short time left a lot).
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Warrior
The Black Market Auction House features a wide variety of items. One week it might have something like an Enchanted Broom, the next week Ashes of Al'ar. It's completely random, and varies per realm. Certainly there have been items up on a few realms that people hit the bid cap on.

Just keep watching, it's bound to have something you want sooner or later. Only trick is, it'll probably be desirable to other people too. Good luck!

Brennvin,

While this is not a comment rooted in "special snowflake syndrome," I think the approach to T3 on the BMAH was very poorly implemented. All other items that were taken away and brought back (for instance dungeon sets with the new Darkmoon Faire) were brought back as "Replicas" by name and with no stats. For a set as important as T3, I really wish you guys would have done that so that some sort of distinction could be made between old and new pieces. I still really hope there's a chance you might realize that's a good idea and change the pieces on the BMAH as such. Really doesn't seem to make sense otherwise, just seems sloppy. =/
Edited by Itzmurda on 11/6/2012 5:45 AM PST
Reply Quote
95 Night Elf Druid
11/05/2012 10:38 PMPosted by Pwncess
there's no real difference.

There is a huge difference between the menial amount of effort required to farm mats for gold and 10/25 people stepping into a raid and wiping for weeks to obtain an item you can now buy on the BMAH.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warlock
Mimiron's Head hit the gold cap.

Popped up on Frostmourne.

Was at gold cap almost instantly.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
11/05/2012 07:13 PMPosted by Fawnix
That's the point of the BMAH. Usually 1% of players can afford the best items.

Might help if it actually offered the best items then, instead of useless garbage like the Magic Broom.
Reply Quote
So.... freaking true..., Killercatie.
Reply Quote
86 Undead Warlock
I demand some sort of government subsidy to buy BMAH items! Blizzard should not cater to only the 1%! WHERE DID ALL MY TAX MONEY GO TO, HUH, GARROSH?
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Warrior
I check the BMAH out of curiosity what's uip and getting bid on, but I never end up bidding on items I'm interested in. Completely stupid to still have an AH system that has poor end time estimates and no automatic bid system. I'm not going to sit there all day.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Warrior
the other day there was a resto sham heroic belt on the BMAH, which I wanted and def had the gold for. The problem is that you can't put in a max price bid, those of us who have jobs/lives, etc. have a hard time. My bid was 45k when I left for work with the auction at "short" time left. I would have paid up to 60k for it, but that was the high bid. I found out later, that it went for 55ish, which is annoying :-)
Reply Quote
Also, here on Feathermoon people dont even BUY FROM THE BMAH its full of junk all the time like cat carriers for 10gold that you can get for 6 silver. Or a pet for 10k thats like 3k in the real AH. Can you like... well, DELETE the stuff NOBODY wants from the BMAH? Then all this controversy will be ended.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
Onyxian drake popped up. I bid on it and was pleased with myself. Then I check back 20 minutes later and it's at gold cap.

Back to frming for it.
Edited by Sunsetmoon on 11/6/2012 6:55 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman

Yea thats what I am afraid of.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Rogue
11/05/2012 07:21 PMPosted by Firetøfire
A Gryphon goes just as fast as Ashes of Alar.
I dont get the point youre trying to make here.

If you seriously don't get the point they were trying to make then you have much bigger problems than not being able to afford stuff on the BMAH
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]