BMAH is boring!

90 Blood Elf Warlock
Posted by Zordiak
bLIZZaRD GIVES mE ASHEZ oF ALar PLZ I'VE FARMMMED FOR IT IN mOLTEN CorEZ FOR 2 WHOLE weeKS!!!! I keEEP DIENG anD I CANT Aford THA repAIR BIlllz

Ashes of Alar does not drop from Molten Core... it drops from Tempest Keep

/slow clap
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
Stop putting up bombay cats.

Put the spirit of competition & I'll throw my gold at the pandas.

Put KC up there and watch the gold fly!
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
Isn't Wow supporting gold sellers by doing BHAH?
Reply Quote
55 Tauren Death Knight
11/05/2012 07:13 PMPosted by Vixie
Ours had the Onyxia mount yesterday. I wish I had the gold to bid on that. Want =(

how much did it end at?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
I haven't seen anything exciting yet. Then again, I don't check it everyday. I did see a bombay cat for 30 gold. I thought the bids for pets always started at 10k gold?
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
11/06/2012 10:07 AMPosted by Garomm
Ours had the Onyxia mount yesterday. I wish I had the gold to bid on that. Want =(

how much did it end at?

That mount is one of the very few things I want from the BMAH.
Reply Quote
98 Worgen Mage
11/06/2012 10:10 AMPosted by Kintas
I haven't seen anything exciting yet. Then again, I don't check it everyday. I did see a bombay cat for 30 gold. I thought the bids for pets always started at 10k gold?

I heard that pet in particular got hotfixed to a 1g starting bid, but nothing else
Reply Quote
The Black Market Auction House features a wide variety of items. One week it might have something like an Enchanted Broom, the next week Ashes of Al'ar. It's completely random, and varies per realm. Certainly there have been items up on a few realms that people hit the bid cap on.

Just keep watching, it's bound to have something you want sooner or later. Only trick is, it'll probably be desirable to other people too. Good luck!

The problem with the BMAH is that it doesn't resemble the normal AH. There's only ever 1-2 items on it, when there are thousands of sought after items in the game (many of which are no longer available).

So it seems completely benign and a waste of time to visit the AH every day looking for something cool when there are only ever 1-2 items up at a time.

Also, the lack of Buyout option really makes it unappealing.

Make it more like the normal AH, with a much bigger selection of items at any given time, and add buyout options.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I saw the guitar that they had during an old Halloween event in Kara- someone bought it for over 70k!

There's also been a tabard of flame...I snagged that one...and a few other things too.
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter
They should just have RMAH like Diablo 3.

People spend cash, blizzard gets a cut, everyone is happy.

They already sell pets and mounts for cash.

No
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior

No.

You do know people buy millions of gold every day for cash and then use it on the AH?

Why not cut out the gold farmers?

And those people are in violation of the ToS
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
ive been to the BMAH a few times and only seen 3 items on there for 10k - 200k 10k for some pet bird and 200k for some easy to get pvp bracers lol what a joke .
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
I bought Reins of the Blue Drake on BMAH. I forget what I paid... 75k I think. Happy with that, although to be honest I only rode it twice since buying it.

So far I haven't seen anything else I'm interested in on BMAH... but I admit am tempted by Eternal Reign guild's offer of a 9/9 Silver Challenge Mode clear on Lightbringer. Only 200k (edit as price has dropped)

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6934365251

Such a deal.
Edited by Calliesta on 11/6/2012 10:37 AM PST
Reply Quote
11 Undead Warlock

You do know people buy millions of gold every day for cash and then use it on the AH?

Why not cut out the gold farmers?

Umm...durrr...

Why I said they should add a RMAH for pets and items they want to sell.

Everyone does realize you can buy pets and mounts from battle.net for cash, right?

I am 100% sure when I bought a panda pet dude for $5 when it was on sale, that didn't effect the game for anyone.

My friend has tons of gold in the game, I have few hundred dollars to blow....

Why shouldn't we be able to trade?
Reply Quote
1 Human Rogue
11/06/2012 10:30 AMPosted by Däzie
But they do it anyway, and may not get caught. I knew a few people still playing in cata who've bought gold. Or one person who bought time cards with gold they got 'stealing' BoEs from Icecrown.

People break the ToS and often don't get caught, don't get punished. And others do.

Speaking of ToS breaking, in BC I knew a druid named Druggy. He had to change his name every month by order of the GMs but he also changed it back to some form of Druggy. One day Steveo logged on and we all said "Who they heck are you?" He said "Druggy". The GM instead of letting him chose his name, changed it for him, to Steveo. Well played Blizzard, well played.

Anyway. Saying something is against the ToS is pretty moot. Considering special characters, real named people, and blizzard characters names are against the naming ToS. And swearing is against the ToS... But I don't see many bans happening every time a Chucknorris runs by, or someone says the f-bomb. It seems people don't always get reported, caught, or punished for breaking the ToS. Go figure.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warrior
I bought Reins of the Blue Drake on BMAH. I forget what I paid... 75k I think. Happy with that, although to be honest I only rode it twice since buying it.

Do you perhaps mean the azure drake? Because the blue drake became available from the "Please, god, queue for oculus" rewards bag at the end of wrath.

I'd pay 75k for the azure drake.
Edited by Obzen on 11/6/2012 10:47 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
do the instance upto and including the boss in under 7 mins and it drops every time, why buy blue proto drake?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]