Why are dungeons so easy now?

(Locked)

90 Dwarf Priest
I just recently returned after a long hiatus and while I enjoy some of the changes I am rather disappointed with LFG dungeons. I like the idea behind LFG, being able to queue up is better than sitting in Ironforge trying to get a group/raid together, but there does not seem to be much if any challenge with the new system

Any dungeon I have been in, using the LFG system, is the exact same, tank runs in, DPS face-roll AOE abilities, rinse and repeat. Most bosses are not much better, the majority seeming to be a combination of not standing in puddles and the tank keeping the mob facing away from the group. With the current state of things you might as well throw away all single target abilities and CC, they are never used.

Now, if I understand correctly, things are more challenging in non-LFR raids, but there is no reason that 5-mans should not be a challenge too. Yes wipes suck, but that doesn't mean you should be able to complete an instance by smashing your forehead into your keyboard.

Why on earth is everything so easy now, did that many people really suck that bad that Blizzard had to dumb down every dungeon? Does anyone else miss thinking and fighting a little smarter over lol-aoe?
100 Undead Warlock
They are easy now so you'll have time to get back to the 10,000 daily quests you'll have to do.
90 Pandaren Monk
While I do miss cc's in a dungeon, I enjoy my spinning crane kick a whole lot :o

Still havent had a chance to use paralysis in any useful way, in a dungeon anyway
100 Human Monk
Because they have challenge modes now. Did you beat the challenge modes?
90 Worgen Warrior
Something something challenge modes Something something fart.
90 Human Paladin
Dungeons have been this easy since WOTLK launch, nothing new really. Cata release had some challenging heroics, and people complained that they were too hard to complete, so they made them easier.
dungeons are too easy, so you make your own entertainment. Like letting 3 people die then try to 2 man the boss.
100 Tauren Druid
11/06/2012 11:25 AMPosted by Erras
Why on earth is everything so easy now, did that many people really suck that bad that Blizzard had to dumb down every dungeon?

Yes, actually. The average WoW player was too stupid to do the Cata heroics with any degree of success, so now we have faceroll instances...

This post is the height of irony. Someone calling out others for being "stupid" and presenting a silly strawman argument that has no validity in reality whatsoever.

Hint: the reason that the basic heroic difficulty level got adjusted for MoP has more to do with smooth gear progression than it does with "stupid players."
90 Draenei Priest
I don't mind the dungeons being easy. I mean I don't do them often at all but last night joined a dungeon as a healer with my dps friend hoping to get a quick run but sadly the other two dps some how managed to only pull 20-24k each and even worse some how on aoe pulls.

Unfortunately that ease of the dungeons promotes this type of "casual bad" play style. :<
100 Orc Hunter
Because they have challenge modes now. Did you beat the challenge modes?
MVP
100 Night Elf Priest
The regulars are supposed to be easy.

The heroics had a brief "somewhat hard" moment, but that went away weeks ago as everyone outgeared them. Now you've got people in half lfr/rep epics just there for VP.
90 Tauren Druid
Heroics are the new normal content... nothing heroic about heroic. Time to try the challenge modes i guess.
100 Undead Rogue
challenge modes, homie. tried a few on my hunter and loved it.
90 Pandaren Monk
Challenge modes requires CC and coordination and whatnot...

Normal mode: Tank spank.
Heroic mode: Tank spank. Also stay out of fire- although that's usually optional.
Challenge mode: Remember BC dungeons? They're harder than that.
90 Night Elf Priest
I think that, at some point, Blizzard realized that making players spend a half hour spamming trade chat to put a group together for BRD, then getting in and having a warrior tank that refuses to equip a 1h and shield and makes the hunter pull everything, and asking everyone else to coordinate their CC perfectly for the pull, and then wiping repeatedly as you try to down the 10,000 bosses in there, was not a winning model for recruiting the casual crowd.

I miss the social aspects of that system. But I think if we were to go back to it right now, it would be game breaking for just about everyone. I flip out when I spend more than 10 minutes trying to recruit people for transmog runs of old raids. I couldn't go back to the constant struggle of noobs whispering you "inv me when you have 4" and people leaving in the middle of a 3-hour run, forcing you to hearth back to a major city to recruit more.
70 Blood Elf Mage
Yeah I made a new monk for this expac "Dailies of Pandaria", but so far have not been enjoying the leveling experience. You either the same old quests youve done a million times before, or you queue up random low level dungeons.

And this is how every low level dungeon run goes -

I zone in...
Somehow the tank has already pulled four or five groups and is way ahead of everyone. Tank is taking no damage so no worries, the healer catches up.
Me, I try to catch up and do something but by the time I arrive everything is dead and Im now chasing the tank again who is chain pulling half the instance. I dont even have time to loot.
Once again I go as humanly possible after the tank only to arrive as everything is almost dead.
healer says something about mana but no one listens
Tank continues to chain pull everything and I try to keep up usually only able to get some auto attacks off.
Then final boss is pulled and dies in under a minute. no need to worry about any boss mechanics or really doing anything at alll.
Everyone immediately quits group without a word said
I am the last one in the instance and have to click on my portrait to leave instance group
rinse and repeat.

Low level dungeons are a total joke now
Edited by Bedazzler on 11/6/2012 11:52 AM PST
16 Troll Druid
The regulars are supposed to be easy.

The heroics had a brief "somewhat hard" moment, but that went away weeks ago as everyone outgeared them. Now you've got people in half lfr/rep epics just there for VP.

More like they were faceroll at 90 the first couple of weeks in leveling gear, now a bit more challenging with the sub 20k types that finally made it to 90, even though they have welfare holiday boss, Sha, lfr, and daily epics.
Edited by Natalana on 11/6/2012 11:40 AM PST
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]