Please make Challenge Modes harder

(Locked)

90 Draenei Warrior
12/03/2012 04:25 PMPosted by Caillenne
Nice bronze, tell me more about how challenge modes are nothing but trash zerg games.

Ah, you're a shining example of the WoW community. You're better, therefore your opinion is the only thing that matters.

Everyone that has done them has said the same thing - stack certain classes, skip things, and you win. To me, that isn't a real challenge mode. That's like stacking arcane mages to beat H Spine before the nerf. Sadly, I'm a tank warrior - out of luck on most gold content, I'm not a Blood DK, so I haven't even stepped foot into challenge modes.
100 Gnome Monk
Fair enough if you want to argue that challenge modes are easier with certain comps etc, since they are, but pretending that you just can't get gold as a warrior tank is ridiculous, and so far off the mark. Warriors are actually pretty good and bring lots of benefits to a challenge mode group. You've got mobility, an AoE stun, crit banner etc. Arguably the second best CM tank behind a DK.

The best comps make it easier, and those comps tend to dominate the fastest clear times, but gold is obtainable relatively easily with any composition if you work at it. Keep in mind that the best clear times are beating gold in most of the dungeons by minutes at this point. Certainly changing one class makes very little difference.
90 Pandaren Priest
Warrior tanks out of luck on gold content? There's at least a war tank ranked in the top 10 of every dungeon.

And I don't mean to sound elitist. I'm just surprised someone would think his spec is grayed out from clearing golds, especially without trying to reach for them. It's true some golds can be quite hard to obtain with certain compositions, but impossible? An isolated spec, such as protection for warriors, wouldn't be at fault.
Edited by Bouleau on 12/4/2012 3:48 PM PST
100 Blood Elf Paladin
12/02/2012 03:47 PMPosted by Dulcet
if you want dungeons that are harder than normal dungeons, well we used to have those they were called heroic dungeons. now a "heroic dungeon" is just a max level dungeon, and thats a shame.
100 Dwarf Death Knight
12/04/2012 10:33 AMPosted by Bouleau
And I don't mean to sound elitist. I'm just surprised someone would think his spec is grayed out from clearing golds, especially without trying to reach for them. It's true some golds can be quite hard to obtain with certain compositions, but impossible? An isolated spec, such as protection for warriors, wouldn't be at fault.

Even if you cleared it with 3 enhancement shamans, people would still find a reason why you're bad, carried and worthless.
90 Pandaren Priest
Posted by Postonforums
Even if you cleared it with 3 enhancement shamans, people would still find a reason why you're bad, carried and worthless.

:<
100 Troll Rogue
12/04/2012 09:36 PMPosted by Postonforums

If you got all gold with triple melee I'd be impressed and I suspect a lot of other people would be too. I won't say its impossible given the amount of power creep in the system but it'd be an impressive achievement.
90 Pandaren Priest
Posted by Kardona
Cause to this date no one has beaten blizzards mogu'shan palace time of 10:10

Achievement... unlocked! :)
Edited by Bouleau on 12/11/2012 8:29 PM PST
100 Tauren Druid
Have to say that Challenge mode was not as I had hoped. Like everyone has said I hoped itd be about skill in managing enemy abilities and CC but its just a speed run. Most end up running too fast and wipe because of it. I miss the days where you had to think in dungeons, not these !@#$ty pandarian dungeons that my cat could probably do. Also sucks that theres no que for them, the people my group did find thought they were elitist and expected gold on the first try, even if they were the ones who got themselves killed!
100 Pandaren Priest
You do manage enemy abilities and CC.
You don't get to stand around picking your nose for 5 minutes before every pull and marking out sap, trap, and sheep for each pack. Using long-term CC was *never* difficult. It only ever subtracted difficulty.

I daresay you can't even make MoP gold times if you never interrupt or kite or use stuns.
100 Night Elf Druid
I agree that it shouldn't be about "speed", but actually working as a team to overcome difficult mobs/bosses. Would make it feel like more of an accomplishment. " I actually defeated a difficult dungeon", rather than " I rushed through a dungeon the fastest"
100 Pandaren Priest
Challenge modes have been completed solo. That is how much easier they become if you take away the timed aspect and are able to systematically dismantle enemies. The difficulty falls off a cliff. When you're in a hurry and pulling multiple packs at a time and picking out the ones with the nastiest abilities first, that is what makes it difficult.

If the pace was removed, how would you distinguish between bronze completion and gold? Remove the different rankings and the competetive aspect completely so it's gold-or-nothing? It's a lot harder to refine strategies and improve if the very first trash pack destroys you.
Edited by Breathkeeper on 10/10/2014 12:30 PM PDT
100 Dwarf Death Knight
I would have been happy to just finish one of them, but the few times I tried them with trade pugs people bailed after 1-2 wipes. Okay if I were serious about them I would have found a proper regular group, but still my impression is these are indeed pretty hard.

I remember trying Shado-Pan Monastery. There's one patrol just inside the entrance we managed to kill. Then a little further in there's a patrol right next to a group of casters. The casters started channelling lightning which on top of the damage from the patrol killed us fast. Okay, next time I thought I'd try LOSing the casters around a corner. They cast right through the corner. Everyone else bailed then.
Edited by Murdina on 10/10/2014 2:31 PM PDT
100 Night Elf Druid
12/04/2012 11:20 PMPosted by Fierydemise
12/04/2012 09:36 PMPosted by Postonforums

If you got all gold with triple melee I'd be impressed and I suspect a lot of other people would be too. I won't say its impossible given the amount of power creep in the system but it'd be an impressive achievement.

I have personally ran numerous gold's with full melee trains and NO heroism.

Comp doesn't matter unless you want realm best.

And as for the remarks about warrior tanks that says loud and clear that you have no experience.

Warrior tanks are 2nd only to BM's.

Their utility and control is amazing.
Edited by Trafficz on 10/10/2014 4:07 PM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]