Do We Warlocks Have A Interrupt?

90 Gnome Warlock
Hello.

I have played a warlock for a long time, and as far as i know we do not have a interrupt, but they have re-designed the class a few times.

A few times while questing or exploring in MoP i would come across one of them elite panda mobs you can take out. I could take them out just fine, except they have a heal that heals them to full, and as far as i know, i have no way to interrupt it.

I swear every class has a interrupt now, please tell me warlocks aren't the only one without one? lol
Edited by Breell on 11/6/2012 4:45 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Ether a stun, pushback, CC or gotta bust out the felpup. Just really sucks if you are demo and the mob is immune to stuns and push backs. Kind of sucks though that most of the time it is felpup or go home.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
fear it. cant cast while running. or use the pet.
Edited by Robokapp on 11/6/2012 4:52 PM PST
Reply Quote
MVP
90 Night Elf Priest
I don't have an interrupt.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
11/06/2012 04:49 PMPosted by Noctemtenchi
Ether a stun, pushback, CC or gotta bust out the felpup. Just really sucks if you are demo and the mob is immune to stuns and push backs. Kind of sucks though that most of the time it is felpup or go home.

Fel pup might do the job, but im not sure how good it would be at tanking that mob. I got the feeling it would die in short order, or loose aggro and i would die.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
11/06/2012 04:52 PMPosted by Robokapp

I thought about that, but im not quite sure them elite mobs can be feared, can they?
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Shadowfury? Can't remember if it interrupts still

I know the fel hunter (and it's enhanced pet) have a silence ability.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Shadowfury? Can't remember if it interrupts still

I know the fel hunter (and it's enhanced pet) have a silence ability.

Last time i used shadowfury was back in wrath on my destro spec, and it stunned, sure the side effect was a interupt, but that only works if a mob can be stunned, and some can not.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin

I thought about that, but im not quite sure them elite mobs can be feared, can they?

it greatly depends on mob but most of them are fully subjective to pve rules of crowd control.

while often solopacks of raid/dungeon trash mobs cant, solo elite outdoor mobs can.

but again it depends. if its like an oozeling or an elemental or a metallic/stone costruct... prob not. humanoid/beast probably yes.

only way to find out is to try and fail.
Edited by Robokapp on 11/6/2012 5:01 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warlock
As a Demonology Warlock carrion swarm is an excellent interrupt provided you're within range. I glyphed mine to remove the KB and you have to be switched into metamorphosis to use it. Other then that you can fear or use one of your demons inherent abilities like the Felhunter's Spell Lock as an interrupt.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Any kind of CC will interrupt, unless the mob is immune to CC's. The CC will even work against "shielded spells" unless, again, they are immune.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
11/06/2012 05:01 PMPosted by Robokapp

it greatly depends on mob but most of them are fully subjective to pve rules of crowd control.

while often solopacks of raid/dungeon trash mobs cant, solo elite outdoor mobs can.

but again it depends. if its like an oozeling or an elemental or a metallic/stone costruct... prob not. humanoid/beast probably yes.

only way to find out is to try and fail.

I sometimes find it funny, back before they redesigned our class, we had so many spells they all barely fit on our bars, if they did, can't remember.

They turned a lot of them spells into passive abilities, and now we have like 4 pages of passive abilities. But out of all them spells, we didn't get a plain and simple interrupt that wasn't a side effect of another spell, or dependent on a pet.
Reply Quote
22 Gnome Warrior
In demo spec, when I fight the pandaren type rare spawns I do something like this:

1) Use dark apotheosis (tank form) + observer (enhanced fel pup)
or
2) caster/demo form + observer

I place a demonic gateway around the elite with one entrance right beside it and the other a ways back. When it goes to do the spinning kick I hop inside my gateway. During the kick I walk back towards it to avoid the massive ranged attack for being out of melee range. Right after the kick ends it will try to heal itself: use the pet's silence effect. I have tried doing my knockback + felguard's stun but the elite tries to cast the heal a third time. The silence was the only true interrupt.

On the other hand, the caster rare spawns like Nalash Verdantis:
felguard + caster form (if it is lower level and will die quickly)
or
felguard + dark apotheosis
When it casts raindance wait for the cast bar to fill and the channel to start. Use your knockback spell. When he goes to cast torrent wait for the bar to fill then use your pet's axe toss stun asap.

The reason I use tank form for that fight sometimes is that I can knockback much more frequently without needing to swap into demo form. Those casters can be done without the silence interrupt.

While we warlocks do not control our own silence effect we get the opportunity to choose our pet to give us a stun, interrupt, or an extra cc. It takes some exploration to find what abilities we're allowed to use on what mobs, but that just makes it more interesting!
Reply Quote
Yeah, I can't actually kill Ai-Ran and it's extremely frustrating.

I switched from my petless Destro build so that I could bring out the Observer for his interrupt. Even that doesn't work, though, because I can't keep the pet alive. Even if I call him back as soon as spinning crane kick starts casting, he still can't make it out in time. I also had the idea of keeping my pet on passive so he would be right next to me, but as soon as I jet out of the way of the kick, the pet lags behind before he starts to follow and still dies.

I don't think this is an issue with the warlock class, specifically. We have a ton of other utility and adding more interrupts isn't the solution. What is needed is for Blizzard to design fights that take all of the classes and their abilities into account. What if Ai-Ran's healing spell just healed for 20% of his health? It would take us a little longer to down him, but it wouldn't be impossible. Not every fight will play to the strengths of every class, and that would just be one that a lock wouldn't be strong in...but it would be doable.

But this? This is absurd. The only way I can see a affliction / destruction lock beating this is with some *serious* dps.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
I don't have an interrupt.

Scream/Fear works and although I haven't logged onto my priest in awhile I could have swore shadow had a silence but I could be very mistaken... might be confusing that with the DK... which I rarely play also.
Reply Quote
39 Orc Warlock
Felhound and the Observer both have an interrupt ability.

If you sacc the hound, you get that ability.

Shadowfury can be used as an interrupt.

Fear/Howl can be used too, if they're not immune (too many seem to be!).

I had a devil of a time trying to kill some of the Pandaria rares with my Shadowpriest as I was gearing/levelling up. The silence CD is something like 45s if I remember rightly. I can catch the first big spell (torrent or heal), but the second will usually get off. For torrent, well, I usually die unless I'm quick, smart, or lucky - hah! For healing mists, it is super annoying, but I burn through it hard - I get the first interrupt, miss the second (heals a lot, but not fully), and usually have him dead before he gets the third off. I think the trick is that you need to get him low enough so that he's not healing to full on every cast - so, catch the first, get him low, let him heal up (but not to 100%), and then burn him down as you can. And hopefully your interrupt will be off CD in time for his third cast.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
11/18/2013 08:44 PMPosted by Exlink
But this? This is absurd. The only way I can see a affliction / destruction lock beating this is with some *serious* dps.
As Affliction or Destruction:

Spec Burning Rush.
Spec Grimoire of Sacrifice.
Sac Felhunter.

Start DPS.

The second he starts to cast Spinning Crane Kick, hit Burning Rush and run away. When Spinning Crane Kick is almost done, get closer so you don't get hit with Chi Burst. Make sure to turn Burning Rush off.

Whenever he starts to cast Healing Mists, use Spell Lock.

Repeat.

Collect loot.

Pandaren Rares are ridiculously easy as a warlock if played correctly, as any spec. Try killing them as a Moonkin or Shadow Priest if you want a challenge.

Edit: When you sacrifice a demon, you still have access to one of their abilities. Command Demon will give you access to that ability. That means if the Felhunter is sacced, you, the warlock, have Spell Lock.
Edited by Eilinel on 11/18/2013 8:55 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
They have about a billion CCs that can act as interrupts.
So, yeah basically.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]