5.1 Double Rep Question

(Locked)

Will it restore Argent Tournament rep that was lost when we faction changed? I was dumb and didn't read the fine print before I went Horde. (Blood Elves are so cool I could not resist.)

Thanks.
100 Orc Shaman
Mounts and pets don't convert when you swap characters. You have to buy the faction specific versions.

The Alliance to Horde conversions only take place on things like armor from T9.
11/09/2012 06:35 PMPosted by Cryptarius
I would have thought that the equivalent mounts would be available just like when you faction change
Now that mounts are handled on the account level, they no longer translate when you faction change a toon. So mounts today that have a faction restriction are account wide within the faction.
100 Worgen Death Knight
Actually, the should convert now + you don't lose the original mounts. There was a blue post couple of weeks ago.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I was happy about this...still am. but very dissapointed that it's truly not account wide. :(
90 Orc Warrior
11/09/2012 08:08 PMPosted by Mandulis
I was happy about this...still am. but very dissapointed that it's truly not account wide. :(

?

That's the opposite of what Blue said.
90 Orc Warrior
He was answering my direct question; which was: Will me buying the tokens on my alliance on one server still give the bonus to my horde on another.

I just happened to post with my horde character.

The answer was yes.
100 Pandaren Rogue
11/09/2012 06:47 PMPosted by Rygarius
don't see your account as having any Horde specific mounts. Have you purchased any Horde mounts?

The one Horde purchased mount I have (from a really old toon) is the Swift Orange Raptor, and it is available to my new toon. I just would have thought that having all those mounts would carry over to Horde side.
On a side note, another question: if I were to transfer a character (say for instance the rogue I'm posting on) that has my Ancient Frostsaber from Alliance to Horde, would my other Alliance characters lose access to it? (Yes, I know it will be come a Red Wolf when I go Horde [I go from my current race to Night Elf, then to Orc, then to whatever, to make sure it never gets lost as a random mount swap], I'm more just curious about the result on Alliance side.)
90 Draenei Priest
11/09/2012 06:47 PMPosted by Rygarius
While we're talking about this, I've been wondering why while I have 169 mounts on Alliance side, I only have 98 on Horde side. I created a Horde character (now level 67) and he has access only to mounts that are available to both factions. None of the Horde faction mounts are available. I would have thought that the equivalent mounts would be available just like when you faction change. I have the old school ride achievement, but no mount to show for it on horde side.

I don't see your account as having any Horde specific mounts. Have you purchased any Horde mounts?

Since this got brought up, one that i know for sure is not carrying over are the Mel Francis mounts. I can use the red drake i bought from Wyrmrest accord rep but not my Travelers mammoth or armorered bear mount on my horde characters. Now this is also on seperate servers, however, mounts like the red drake as well as my drake of the north winds does show up betweens factions and servers
90 Draenei Shaman
11/09/2012 11:13 PMPosted by Deria
Since this got brought up, one that i know for sure is not carrying over are the Mel Francis mounts. I can use the red drake i bought from Wyrmrest accord rep but not my Travelers mammoth or armorered bear mount on my horde characters. Now this is also on seperate servers, however, mounts like the red drake as well as my drake of the north winds does show up betweens factions and servers

This is because the Traveller's Tundra Mammoth & Armored Brown Bear are both faction-specific mounts.
Faction-specific mounts are only account-wide on their respective faction.
There are two different versions of the Tundra Mammoth & Armored Brown Bear.

See : Reins of the Armored Brown Bear vs Reins of the Armored Brown Bear
&
Reins of the Traveler's Tundra Mammoth vs Reins of the Traveler's Tundra Mammoth

The mounts are completely separate mounts which is why they're not shared between factions.

On the other hand, the Drake of the North Wind & Red Drake are not faction-specific mounts.
Thus, they're completely account-wide. :)
Edited by Novalas on 11/9/2012 11:19 PM PST
100 Night Elf Rogue
Can you guys at least change the reward to trigger at exalted? It's not that hard to get exalted with each faction on ONE character. It's just the trying to rep up 3-5 characters (which, really, shouldn't even be necessary) that's the issue.
90 Human Monk
I have another question if Rygarius is still around:

Does double rep with, for example, Tillers apply to the sub-rep farmers? Or is only the primary rep?

The double reputation gains work with the primary faction for sure. I'll check with our developers (if they haven't left for the weekend) regarding sub-factions.

I would really like an answer to this :O

If the Tillers get the double rep then my day would be made!
100 Draenei Shaman
While we're at it, may I ask why the double rep is being pushed into 5.1? As far as we know the patch still seems to be a bit off, and the issue of reps taking forever is still prominent, and it's 5 weeks after launch now. Why haven't the rep changes just been hotfixed? it's a huge problem that needs to be taken care of asap, not in a patch.
90 Pandaren Hunter
11/09/2012 11:18 PMPosted by Novalas

This is because the Traveller's Tundra Mammoth & Armored Brown Bear are both faction-specific mounts.
Faction-specific mounts are only account-wide on their respective faction.
There are two different versions of the Tundra Mammoth & Armored Brown Bear.

See : Reins of the Armored Brown Bear vs Reins of the Armored Brown Bear
&
Reins of the Traveler's Tundra Mammoth vs Reins of the Traveler's Tundra Mammoth

The mounts are completely separate mounts which is why they're not shared between factions.

On the other hand, the Drake of the North Wind & Red Drake are not faction-specific mounts.
Thus, they're completely account-wide. :)

There's an exception on that rule in achievement mounts. Since you can only ONE 100 mounts achievement, it translate as a red and blue Dragonhawk.

Black Bear isn't in the same restriction, if anyone asks. There is an achievement for Horde and one for alliance.

About the Tundra Mammoth, it's because Mei Francis have different tables for each faction, selling gryphons and wyverns. So it was logic to Blizzard to complement with mammoths with red and blue saddles.
55 Human Death Knight
11/09/2012 08:44 PMPosted by Rentrenus
All your Horde characters will share the same reputation gain bonus.

This sentence bugs me because the OP is horde.

My main is Alliance, but my alts are horde - will they also benefit?

This is what i am wondering aswell
90 Draenei Death Knight
instead of offering tokens and such.. why just make all rep account wide.. got the acount wide achievo for it..
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]