5.1 Double Rep Question

(Locked)

90 Human Warlock
I really dislike how this triviallizes the Revered to Exalted portion for people who havn't already done the grind once. I can see the desire to make it easier for alts to grind, but there's no reason to put the tokens at Revered, they should be sold at exalted.... letting first time toons get double rep from revered to exalted defeats the entire concept of revered to exalted being the big final step and just messes with the pacing of rep grinds.
Edited by Thanatosia on 11/10/2012 12:09 PM PST
90 Blood Elf Priest
Umm...

Why is this at Revered? It should be at Exalted for the first toon to acquire the reputation.
90 Troll Warrior
11/10/2012 12:05 PMPosted by Thanatosia
I really dislike how this triviallizes the Revered to Exalted portion for people who havn't already done the grind once. I can see the desire to make it easier for alts to grind, but there's no reason to put the tokens at Revered, they should be sold at exalted.... letting first time toons get double rep from revered to exalted defeats the entire concept of revered to exalted being the big final step and just messes with the pacing of rep grinds.

Agreed. Either sell the tokens at Exalted, or have the bonus stop at Revered.

I can see speeding up rep to Revered since most Valor Point gear requires it (a change I'm still upset with; VP gear and Rep gear should have remained separate...), but speeding up gains to Exalted is largely unnecessary, especially since most of the rewards are already account-wide (mounts).
90 Human Paladin
Blizzard should just make rep account-wide.
90 Troll Hunter
11/12/2012 09:43 AMPosted by Thécla
Blizzard should just make rep account-wide.

This ^ I want to be able to do the insane tittle, but I screwed up the phase event on my hunter and don't want to grind out in faldar's cove just cause I screwed up going for loremaster on the phase event and for 36 rep per min is slow that's with guild perks/standard. Also I have friendly rep wit bloodsail on my mage for admiral tittle and would be helpful if account-wide rep was in so then all I would need is Ravenholdt & DMF rep! :(
90 Goblin Warlock
Does anyone have a link to a source on the question of pre-MoP factions? If so please link it. Also Can we get a Blue confirmation on this answer please?

I'm sure lots of people would like to change mains to their monk but don't want to have to re-grind all factions in the game. Especially those of us with a great many already at Exalted.
90 Draenei Shaman
11/16/2012 12:04 PMPosted by Zimpak
Does anyone have a link to a source on the question of pre-MoP factions? If so please link it. Also Can we get a Blue confirmation on this answer please?

10/05/2012 07:11 PMPosted by Crithto
So one idea we have is to roll out changes to Mists of Pandaria factions first, and then work in earlier expansion-based factions with patches that come later.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6794350230?page=26#516

That and, currently, the only way to activate the bonus reputation is by purchasing an item.
They've only been datamined for Mists of Pandaria factions so far.
Edited by Novalas on 11/16/2012 12:07 PM PST
90 Goblin Warlock
Thank you, exactly what I was looking for. At least it say "first", I'd rather not re-grind every faction. Some were kind of fun but definitely not all :)
90 Goblin Death Knight
once unlocked huh ! and when exactly is that really after we are all done with reputation i suppose !

and another thing wth is with this garden crap you kill upwards 11 a day to plant stuff and nothing to loot at all im so tired mop all i do now is log in harvest / plant garden bored to death with the crap! and now i get a anniversary thing in mail and i was like dang this should be great ! and wow you didnt let me down another useless pos from wow !!!!!!!!! 8% reputaion gain for a dam hour really god you guys suck !@#! its your 8th anniversary and you cannot give double exp and reputation for a weekend really what cheap bastards you all are!
90 Undead Warlock
I had a question, mainly because the rep grinds are SO extreme in MoP.... If I do the rep grind to get a mount with one character, will all characters be able to use that mount?? I mean I know that they all can't use the cloud serpent, but I mean if I get Pandaren rep up to exalted, and get all of the turtle mounts, will they be available to every toon??
90 Draenei Shaman
12/02/2012 07:16 PMPosted by Cherri
I mean I know that they all can't use the cloud serpent, but I mean if I get Pandaren rep up to exalted, and get all of the turtle mounts, will they be available to every toon??

Yes. The Dragon Turtles mounts are account-wide.
Edited by Novalas on 12/2/2012 7:20 PM PST
90 Human Death Knight
What about across merged accounts? like the mounts and pets?
100 Undead Warlock
02/18/2013 05:22 PMPosted by Nintendò
What about across merged accounts? like the mounts and pets?

hardcore necro
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]