Why do hybrids have healing at all?

90 Orc Shaman
WTT ability to heal for crowd control and survivability
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
11/13/2012 05:06 AMPosted by Peztilence
would probably fix a lot balance issues in PvP.

The BIG balance issue in PvP is

Mage burst, BM and war burst.

After that, the rest of the issues are not significant.

A mage asking for nerf? in what kind of bizarre world are we? you infuriate me.

I'm not sure why people think I'm asking for nerfs.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
Pures have healing as well. I was actually surprised this expansion by how much. My lock has tons of passive self healing. Same with the rogue. Mages have a nice bubble which is the same as a heal; it prevents damage. If you take Invocation and Glyph of Evocation that is additional healing that becomes part of your normal DPS rotation. And you can also glyph spellsteal. Not sure about hunters but guessing they have something similar somewhere.

Bottom line, pures can heal without doing anything outside their normal rotation.

Hybrids, on the other hand, have to choose to heal, and they take a DPS hit as a result. The fact that they can heal others in a pinch makes up for that. The only two hybrids I know of that are not as heavily penalized are feral druid, which can free-cast healing touch on a 5-point finishing move, and monks, whose self healing can damage the enemy and raid heal. But these are melee classes, and the fact that they have to move out of range to avoid PBAOE effects is the tradeoff for that.

So I'm not sure what your argument is. If pures can self-heal, why can't the hybrids? (And this is all from a PVE perspective; I don't do PVP in gear-oriented games.)
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Running backs should have to walk when they have the ball. My LBs are having a hard time tackling them.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]