Ghostcrawler hasn't posted here in a while...

100 Human Warlock
11/17/2012 03:57 PMPosted by Tempcharac
He will probably come back when he has something to say.

Negative. He (and all the developers) do not post outside the Beta forums. This isn't a subtle whine or anything, it's just a statement of fact; outside of Beta, they only communicate directly with us through CMs. It's been like this for all of Cataclysm, and looks to be continuing.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman

Doubtful. The players on the forum tend to bend, twist, invert, misconstrue, misinterpret and malign anything the blues say. I mean, people go out of their way to dissect GC's freakin' twitter posts.
And they don't here where it is read? I didn't say post there, players hating blue is not entirely the players' fault.

No, players absolutely did do that.. which is exactly why GC no longer posts. The players that took (and take) blue posts as ExtremelySeriousBusiness ruined it for the rest of us. Hell, people have gone apesh!t at the jokes at the end of GC's watercooler blogs.

I'd rather he and the blues posted more. I remember coming to the DD forums almost daily over the course of Wrath just to get those tidbits of insight that came from reading GC's posts. It was entertaining and fun, and people who posted knowledgeably felt like it was (more) worthwhile. But the playerbase lost that privilege. There were/are just too many idiots.
Reply Quote
8 Goblin Warrior
And they don't here where it is read? I didn't say post there, players hating blue is not entirely the players' fault.

No, players absolutely did do that.. which is exactly why GC no longer posts.
There is a lot more to it than that. Basically it's masters of classes vs. jacks of all trades and the latter thinking that or making it seem that they know more than those masters.
11/17/2012 09:00 PMPosted by Hyjinx
The players that took (and take) blue posts as ExtremelySeriousBusiness ruined it for the rest of us. Hell, people have gone apesh!t at the jokes at the end of GC's watercooler blogs.
Don't forget a lot of the other statements that have gotten not just GC, but a lot of other Blues infected with foot in mouth disease. Cataclysm had both CMs and Developers eating their words.

11/17/2012 09:00 PMPosted by Hyjinx
I'd rather he and the blues posted more.
We agree here but I want them to be more careful about what they convey and avoid past issues they have had.
I remember coming to the DD forums almost daily over the course of Wrath just to get those tidbits of insight that came from reading GC's posts. It was entertaining and fun, and people who posted knowledgeably felt like it was (more) worthwhile. But the playerbase lost that privilege. There were/are just too many idiots.
Bolded: it was not as if the fault laid completely on the part of the players. Underlined: Again there is a long history of Blues stepping into their own mouths. We started seeing things like Not Tracked because of it.
It's not as simple as it's the players' fault. Personally I blame Kalgan for making the Class Forums a Blue-Free zone.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Bolded: it was not as if the fault laid completely on the part of the players. Underlined: Again there is a long history of Blues stepping into their own mouths. We started seeing things like Not Tracked because of it.

So, what, you want absolute perfection? Isn't that just a little bit unreasonable?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
GC just tweets now.

Class balance, delivered in 140 characters or less.
Reply Quote
8 Goblin Warrior
11/18/2012 02:32 PMPosted by Hyjinx

So, what, you want absolute perfection? Isn't that just a little bit unreasonable?
I don't want perfection but I don't want them to flat out lie or try to tell the entire community that something is fine when the world and they know different. You act like they have not done a dang thing willfully wrong but history is different.

How about they don't tell us that this class should not be taking so much damage because of the armor they wear.

How about they don't tell us that we are wrong about how poorly a class is doing only to say that they will discus it with the development team a few hours later.

How about they don't tell certain specs are not played correctly only a little bit later say they don't even know how the specs should be played.

I want things like that avoided and those are not even all of what they have done. Like I said, avoiding the class forums are a stupid idea and making it known that they don't almost as bad. Threads that get deleted because there are people here who have to troll and derail certain class specific threads would be far fewer.
Edited by Whim on 11/18/2012 4:52 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
11/13/2012 11:46 AMPosted by Doroteasenjk
He's probably waiting for all the PvP-only threads to go back to the PvP forum. Then he can talk about damage dealing.

PVE is an outdated relic.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
He's moved on to saying dumb things on twitter instead of saying them on the forums. I really don't blame him though because everytime he posted on forums people would be angry even if what he was saying was correct
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
11/17/2012 07:51 AMPosted by Hyjinx
Doubtful. The players on the forum tend to bend, twist, invert, misconstrue, misinterpret and malign anything the blues say. I mean, people go out of their way to dissect GC's freakin' twitter posts.

Blue - "BM Burst is OP"
Players - "Blue, Stampede is bugged"
Blue - "A hot-fix has been applied to rabid, and pending change is going to adjust Lynx Rush"
Players - "That's fine, and probably needed, but we don't get how you can make that claim when you consider that Stampede is bugged"
Blue - "We are also removing the CC Immunity on Bestial Wrath"
Players - "Again, Stampede is bugged, and BW hasn't provided Pet CC Immunity since Cata Beta"
Blue - "Hey guys, Stampede is bugged. Its been fixed now"
Players - "What about the other changes?"
Blue - "Lets see how things look. Regardless of how they look, we are keeping the change to remove CC immunity from BW in place"
Players - "It hasn't provided player CC immunity since Cata Beta..."

The apparent apathy towards player feedback is not a figment of a forum poster's imagination.
Edited by Verdash on 11/19/2012 12:10 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]