Dailies : killing me softly

90 Blood Elf Paladin
I hate to sound like every other angry daily-hater out there but HOLY butter nuts..this daily grinding makes me want to play anything else i can get my hands on.

I understand trying different things to keep and attract new people but as a person who has always disliked the questing aspect of the game ( i play wow and hate quests, f**k me right?) I really dislike what the game has become.

A little background about my play style, I was the well geared holy pally who never had shoulder enchants during deathwing because i hated quest lines so much.That guy.I leveled my first toon along side 2 of my buddies, and fell in love with dungeons and the teamwork and strategy that was required. (we started when BC came out)

I now have 2 level 90s, an 89 and four more 85s all leveled primarilly through dungeons. Questing has never made me happy or been fun.Go grab 10 of these, kill 6 of these, and use this item on 8 of those guys. Here is 16 gold. So lame and requires absolutely no skill. Oh, i just remembered those farmville dailies i dont do either. Really WOW?

I understand that people need more to do than just dungeons or raids but i dont understand why its NECESSARY to do the monotonous dailies in order to gear up to get into raids.

You are forcing me to play a game i love, in a manner which i hate, so i can eventually enjoy the game again. That doesnt seem right to me. Please just realize how lame WOW has become and do not force me to do these terrible dailies.

Dont you see what you are doing WOW?!?! We are drifting apart and i dont know if you even care!! **sobs into mouse wrist pillow**
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
I have 2 level 90's and one guy siting at 86 or 87 right now. I do dailies on my rogue and that's it. The thought of doing these dailies on my DK makes me audibly shudder and guess what. I generally love questing.

It's just so monotonous, the only place I don't mind doing quests the Dread Wastes because the Klaxxi buff is just so good. It makes the dailies much more fun.

I know Blizzard wanted to give us options but making dailies mandatory killed my desire to play more than one character. At least they are changing the rep grind next patch for other toons on the same account but I fear it'll be too little too late.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Actually, I think they did a pretty nice job with developing the dailies, intertwining them with professions and other rep grinds. Of course, this is coming from someone who enjoys the stories (and hence the quests) very much. For example, seeing Chen's character evolve over 4 levels was really cool.

I'll give you that there certainly are A LOT of them, and if you want to get certain gear (but not the best gear) you do need rep that can only be ground through dailies, but I suppose I'd suggest that it sounds like you already found your playstyle before MoP hit. If you love dungeons and raids, go to it! Doing dailies is a choice. I certainly don't feel forced to do them. If you do want to do it, you might try cycling them--do shado-pan one day, celestials the next, cloud serpent the day after that, and so on. I think the advantage of there being so many is that, if you aren't in a hurry to just get it over with, you can work it so you are only doing each daily once or twice a week.

Anyways, best of luck finding your happiness in-game and out.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
My biggest beef with Dailies is that as a rep grind they're really irksome. For instance. Right now I am 20615/21000 revered with the Shado Pan and there are NO ways for me to make that up. I HAVE to wait until tomorrow to finish it up.

I had the same problem of being a hairs width away from exalted with Klaxxi & the Anglers as well. At least with the Klaxxi I had the option of killing a ridiculous amount of things to get there but with Anglers I just had to suffer and with Shado Pan I'm in the same boat.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
YOU DON"T HAVE TO DO THEM!

That being said, I do Tillers (because I enjoy them), Shado Pan and August Celestials each day on this toon. On my other 90, I do Tillers, as he is honoured with GL, enough for the patterns I wanted. So a little over 3/4 of an hour a day, if I want. I don't feel guilty about missing any (well, except for my crops).

This next week, I might try fishing for a bit or rounding out some achievements.

YOU DON"T HAVE TO DO THE DAILIES!
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
11/15/2012 11:01 AMPosted by Holysatan
understand that people need more to do than just dungeons or raids but i dont understand why its NECESSARY to do the monotonous dailies in order to gear up to get into raids.

I see you're almost revered with Order of the Cloud Serpent, a faction that offers absolutely no gear rewards. You must really hate dailies to be spending time grinding rep for a mount.

I'm OK with dailies because they do a good job of padding my bags with gold, and I spend about a half hour doing them, and don't even do them daily. I did GL until Revered. Then I did Klaxxi until Revered. Just finished SP to Revered.

Now I'm pretty much done. I hit SP Revered before I even had the VP to spend, because of the VP cap. August Celestials has minor upgrades, so it's not something that I'm going to focus on. Maybe on weekends I'll go do them. And if I want some gold, I'll probably hit up GL and Klaxxi for the free epics at Exalted. Though I probably won't do that until the bump in rep from Rev to Exalted happens with the next patch (or if they hotfix it).
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
My biggest beef with Dailies is that as a rep grind they're really irksome. For instance. Right now I am 20615/21000 revered with the Shado Pan and there are NO ways for me to make that up. I HAVE to wait until tomorrow to finish it up.

I had the same problem of being a hairs width away from exalted with Klaxxi & the Anglers as well. At least with the Klaxxi I had the option of killing a ridiculous amount of things to get there but with Anglers I just had to suffer and with Shado Pan I'm in the same boat.

Yep. That is how numbers work. Seriously, this game, like most, is designed to have limits of different kinds to keep close to the bell curve and protect the longevity of the game--both in terms of protecting the economy and keeping people playing/paying over time. You could easily make the same complaint of any artificial cap in the game: JP/VP/HP/TravelSpeed/InstanceLockouts/DropRates and many more. I am guessing that since this newish model of rep/daily/reward is such a hot button topic at the moment, it is getting all the attention. But truly, it's not that different.
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Rogue
You don't have to do them? haha yes you do, or no gear, no progression no anything, the drop rate on LFR is a joke, and there are no straight Jp Vp vendors any more... so yes... yes you HAVE to do them, and its bad, and really killing what made end game fun.
Reply Quote
26 Undead Rogue
YOU DON"T HAVE TO DO THEM!

That being said, I do Tillers (because I enjoy them), Shado Pan and August Celestials each day on this toon. On my other 90, I do Tillers, as he is honoured with GL, enough for the patterns I wanted. So a little over 3/4 of an hour a day, if I want. I don't feel guilty about missing any (well, except for my crops).

This next week, I might try fishing for a bit or rounding out some achievements.

YOU DON"T HAVE TO DO THE DAILIES!

the question is....if i want to do the dailies then do i need to do all the quest lines and chains in order to unlock them? I dont care about doing them but I dont want to level the same way over and over again its boring I want variations you know like dungeons and pvp and such so I will lvl past some areas. So I am curious to do the optional daily quest do i NEED to do the quest chains or do they just open up? I am curious before i try then find out I have to do them and waste more time you know?
Reply Quote
92 Night Elf Druid
I completely understand why they got rid of tabards for reputation grinding, they never made any sense at all as far as lore goes (I mean, seriously, killing mobs in Deepholm wouldn't impress the Highland Dwarves at all, even if you are wearing their tabard.)

But there should be SOME option besides dailies for gaining reputation that also makes sense from a lore standpoint. Why not just bring back kill reputation? Or start having mobs drop items that can be turned in for faction reputation, similar to the Darkmoon Faire drops.

Don't get me wrong, I hated the kill-reputation system in Classic, first grinding world kills, then grinding dungeon trash mobs, then grinding boss kills, etc. I was on the forums, pleading for more quests that rewarded reputation. I quit the game after a few months into the raiding cycle after every expansion. So I approve of everything that makes the game friendlier for players who only want to raid on a sporadic, casual basis.

But I can put myself in another guy's shoes. I like questing, but dailies get boring, even for me. If I'm bored with repetitive dailies, then the raiders must indeed be dying. So here's a casual player, speaking up in support of all you extroverted, raid-frenzied hardcore players. Even though you never spoke up or supported the introverted, casual players through our years of torture. In fact, whenever we mentioned that we'd like a few more solo play options, you ridiculed us and told us it was a multiplayer-game and assumed we must suck at raiding (which wasn't true, btw).... okay, I'm getting sidetracked. Despite all of that, it's in the past, and I can be forgiving.

Blizzard, please give the raiders more options for gaining reputation.

If the designers are worried about double-dipping on reputation, people breezing through too quickly doing dailies AND getting kill reputation, just put a weekly cap on reputation gains. You get 10,000 points (or whatever makes sense) of reputation points each week. You can accumulate the points from killing mobs in appropriate dungeons/raids or you can get points from doing dailies, or you can turn in mob drop items, or a combination of all three. Whatever appeals the most to a particular player. Isn't that what the new WOW is all about? Choices that will appeal to everyone's style of play?
Reply Quote
92 Night Elf Druid
I can, by the by, think of several good reasons for why mob item drops would be a very good option for faction grinds.

Item turn ins can be set up as a daily. Which would somewhat alleviate the breezing through the faction problem.

It would add interest to killing bosses and/or mobs that aren't going to drop anything you need, but at least you'll get gold AND a faction item every time.

An item could be made bind-on-account. If, for example, you are exalted with Shado-Pan, and you get a Shado-Pan faction item from a Shado-Pan related raid -- you could pass that item on to your alt.

Speaking of which, faction items would need to be placed in each raider's bags, without any potential of raid leader interference. And the item should be complete, ready to turn in and get your reputation reward. Please no matching together coins, no collecting idols, no having to trade other people, no boe stuff on the auction house for bots to sell, and gold buyers to buy. The last thing we need is something else raid organizers will want to confiscate to stick in the guild bank until it becomes useless in the next expansion.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]