@The Business

85 Troll Rogue
11/05/2012 02:44 PMPosted by Idareyou
I'm a little confused at the above post, but okay! :)
What he's getting at is that you don't need a wife, husbands, kids, jobs, etc, to have "a life". Which is a wild accusation anyways.

Case in point, said people posting in this thread, saying "lol they herpaderpa raid 6-7 nights a week, they're hardcore at losing at life", are themselves playing this game 6-7 days a week for multiple hours a day. While they aren't raiding, they are still putting more than the allotted time it takes to do any relevant dailies, though somehow they aren't considered no life nerds. Some of these name people just sit in Org, doing nothing but trying to impress randoms. Effective use of time? I think so.

I feel like I got a little off topic there, so let's get back on track. I'm just going to go ahead and assume that: A) You live with your parents still, thus have no bills, B) Live in a dorm, going to college on financial aid/parents $, C) You play WoW as much as the rest of us, effectively nullifying any "I have a life lululu" troll comment. I'm making this assumption because, you assume that playing wow often is no life. Well, making an assumption of "having a life" is going out often is just plain ludicrous. When you grow up, you come to realize all the responsibilities that are dropped on your head. Things like working a job, furthering your education through college, maintaining a relationship, and proper spending of your finances. I feel like that last one is the main problem most "lolol ugotnolife" kids fail to comprehend, because "having a life" is synonymous with spending a lot of money. Alcohol isn't cheap at bars, cover charges aren't cheap, though paying $15/month for an unlimited amount of fun is cheap. Now that we've gone over that we can continue.

Back on the life topic, you can still put in 20-30 hours a week and still proceed with your life, why? because there are 24 hours in a day, most of which are used to work, go to class, eat, etc. Well if you're wondering where I'm going with this it's that almost all guilds with somewhat okay progression raid at night. Since they're raiding at night it's easy to say that they've probably accomplished something else during the day besides lololraiding. And once they put in the time to down progression, they raid less time per week than you wait in lfr queue.

tl/dr: Hardcore WoW players generally have more of a life than you because they know how to manage their time efficiently, along with their monetary spending.

*This friendly banter has been brought to you by the Re-Education act of 2012*
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
TLDR Version:

11/05/2012 03:14 PMPosted by Rodamer
monetary spending
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
11/05/2012 03:14 PMPosted by Rodamer
I'm a little confused at the above post, but okay! :)
What he's getting at is that you don't need a wife, husbands, kids, jobs, etc, to have "a life". Which is a wild accusation anyways.

Case in point, said people posting in this thread, saying "lol they herpaderpa raid 6-7 nights a week, they're hardcore at losing at life", are themselves playing this game 6-7 days a week for multiple hours a day. While they aren't raiding, they are still putting more than the allotted time it takes to do any relevant dailies, though somehow they aren't considered no life nerds. Some of these name people just sit in Org, doing nothing but trying to impress randoms. Effective use of time? I think so.

I feel like I got a little off topic there, so let's get back on track. I'm just going to go ahead and assume that: A) You live with your parents still, thus have no bills, B) Live in a dorm, going to college on financial aid/parents $, C) You play WoW as much as the rest of us, effectively nullifying any "I have a life lululu" troll comment. I'm making this assumption because, you assume that playing wow often is no life. Well, making an assumption of "having a life" is going out often is just plain ludicrous. When you grow up, you come to realize all the responsibilities that are dropped on your head. Things like working a job, furthering your education through college, maintaining a relationship, and proper spending of your finances. I feel like that last one is the main problem most "lolol ugotnolife" kids fail to comprehend, because "having a life" is synonymous with spending a lot of money. Alcohol isn't cheap at bars, cover charges aren't cheap, though paying $15/month for an unlimited amount of fun is cheap. Now that we've gone over that we can continue.

Back on the life topic, you can still put in 20-30 hours a week and still proceed with your life, why? because there are 24 hours in a day, most of which are used to work, go to class, eat, etc. Well if you're wondering where I'm going with this it's that almost all guilds with somewhat okay progression raid at night. Since they're raiding at night it's easy to say that they've probably accomplished something else during the day besides lololraiding. And once they put in the time to down progression, they raid less time per week than you wait in lfr queue.

tl/dr: Hardcore WoW players generally have more of a life than you because they know how to manage their time efficiently, along with their monetary spending.

*This friendly banter has been brought to you by the Re-Education act of 2012*

hear hear
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
I'm glad you posted this my friend. I recognize the former mistakes that I have made, but let me point out some of yours. Sorry for not responding quicker, I failed to click on the 2nd page. #herpderp

First of all, let me address these issues you've stated and/or assumed.

Assumption #1: You stated in Paragraph A (assuming the first line is two sentences) three assumptions in which none of them are correct. The first assumption you made was that I live with my parents. I live with my mother, therefore, making the word "parents" singular. So, assumption one out the window (Oh and I'll be 20 in December). The second assumption you made was that I live in a dorm. You did not state apartment or anything of that nature. But yes, I am receiving financial aid in which I worked very hard for myself. Obtaining a 4.01 GPA in High School and obtaining around $2.5k a semester from scholarships (if that even matters). Not here to boast and boost my ego, I don't need it honestly. ;) Back to my point, you were wrong on the second assumption. Now, on to the third assumption. The third assumption you made was an opinion. I personally have a life. I have a girlfriend of 1 and a half years, and we've been through more than I myself can fathom; more or less anyone else. You assumed that I played WoW as much as the rest of you. To be honest, I probably play more than all of you. I explained that in former posts in this thread. Do you remember the 400+ days and 300+ days? That's 700 days non-stop playing World of Warcraft. Omitting about a month for AFK's etc etc. So, that right there was an opinion.

Assumption #2: Immediately after your third assumption of Paragraph A, you quoted "When you grow up". You have no idea the things I have endured at a young age my friend, and I find it hard that I'm even able to type to you without going "ape !@#$", but this is a major assumption, and your worst yet.

Assumption #3,4,5: Directly after the above assumption ^^^^^, are three more assumptions. Listed as the following: You assumed that I've never worked a job, that I'm not furthering myself in college, that I'm not maintaining and never have maintained a relationship, and that I'm ignorant in the financial department (i.e. savings/bills etc etc).

Assumption #6: This one doesn't really count, but it would definitely be the most major assumption. I say it doesn't count because you never used the word "you". Using you implies that you're referring directly to me, but in some cases you never used the word you. For example, you re-stated several times about this "lollol ugotnolife" phrase. But you always referenced to a general population; me, you, and the rest of us know who it was directed to.

That's all the assumptions I could find my friend. Again, as I stated in the beginning. I failed to read over what I had previously posted a day or two ago. I did make mistakes and a lot of them were hypocritical. But I'm owning up to them, something many people cannot do.

* Former mistakes were edited, apologies*

*This friendly chatter has been brought to you by the Re-Re-Education Act of 2012*
Edited by Idareyou on 11/6/2012 7:42 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Yes, I added more assumptions in Assumption #1. I did this so the Assumptions wouldn't add up and make it look worse on you.

Also, I think you've had your fun for assumptions, so I think I'll take a shot at one.

I'm going to assume you're not in a guild because of posts such as these. <3

*This friendly chatter has been brought to you be the Re-Re Education Act of 2012*
Edited by Idareyou on 11/6/2012 7:55 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Troll Rogue
The whole "you don't know what I've done and what I've been through" is a pretty cliched response really as everyone, even the privileged elite go through tough times, or emotionally challenging periods of their lives. You also only focused on my assumptions, which after reading your retort, seem pretty accurate. The main point of my post was to give a general idea of how flawed the "you have no life you play wow" comment is. The primary people using this phrase are younger adolescent people who have no financial responsibilities and are probably still in, or just fresh out of junior-college.

But I am slightly impressed, out of all the posts I've made that have been replied to, you are the first one to catch onto my tactics.

Edit: Actually I'm not in a guild, because Relentless hasn't raided in years, and the guilds on this server aren't up to snuff(no offense, it's just the truth, and $25 or $55 is best spent on my living expenses). Additionally, one could assume since I'm still level 85, that I don't use this character for anything other than Shattered Hand forum posts.
Edited by Rodamer on 11/6/2012 8:09 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Understandable man, sorry just got out of the bath (yes i take baths, way more relaxing).
And I understood your main point, it was addressed throughout your post. I did, however, own up to my mistakes in the beginning and the end. They have also been edited! :) And I'm not saying you said that I didn't edit/own up to my mistakes, just making it clear that I have fixed these issues.

And about you and Relentless. In BC, Relentless was both the top guild in PvP and PVE in the entire Battlegroup and was among the top 10 I think in the world. You have a spot any time in my guild my friend. We are actually recruiting a rogue/warrior for our last melee dps, and we will get you fully geared in less than one week. We do not however have the money to provide for your professions. But we can of course farm the mats.

Get back to me via in game whisper or mail, if your account is still active (and if you're willing to get back into the Addiction).

:)
Edited by Idareyou on 11/6/2012 8:31 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior

Edit: Actually I'm not in a guild, because Relentless hasn't raided in years, and the guilds on this server aren't up to snuff(no offense, it's just the truth, and $25 or $55 is best spent on my living expenses). Additionally, one could assume since I'm still level 85, that I don't use this character for anything other than Shattered Hand forum posts.

I've seen that line used all too many times by those clinging desperately to a former glory, afraid to prove their worth in the game of today. It gets old very fast, to say the least.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Hmm... this is true. I would need some sort of verification haha! :)
Reply Quote
98 Orc Death Knight

I've seen that line used all too many times by those clinging desperately to a former glory, afraid to prove their worth in the game of today. It gets old very fast, to say the least.

Shall we ask the Great Muhammid Ali to fight again ?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Another great point. Lol.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
El Negosio.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Rogue
11/06/2012 08:32 AMPosted by Bamf

I guess up to snuff wasn't the right wording to use. You made a horrible impression on most of this server when you guys first came over and are viewed distastefully by some.
But sure, we'll go with that, I suck at this game now.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
11/06/2012 12:04 PMPosted by Bagamuti
Shall we ask the Great Muhammid Ali to fight again ?

You're comparing getting old after being one of the greatest athletes of all time to not having played a video game for 4 years.

I'll just leave it at that.

I guess up to snuff wasn't the right wording to use. You made a horrible impression on most of this server when you guys first came over and are viewed distastefully by some.
But sure, we'll go with that, I suck at this game now.

You mentioned guilds, in plural. If you are going to badmouth Tyranny, don't tippy-toe around it; we're all adults here. Regardless, the expression you used wasn't even close to what you were allegedly trying to say.

However, some of our members did act incredibly immature when we first arrived here, and I wouldn't doubt that it left a sour taste in the mouth of some. It made me /facepalm in shame as well seeing some of the junk they were spewing.

Back on topic, however -- The Business.
Nothing more than a group of ne'er-do-wells banded together in the aftermath of conflict. A guild born from conflict will burn in the same manner. I give them 2 tiers tops.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
pretty much sums it up at the end ^^
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Bumping someone else's post. Because I love it so much!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Some people never learn..
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]