New Alch-Only flask?

90 Human Priest
Am I the only one that has noticed that now alch has no perk as a profession as the flask you can get only gives you Cata level stats. Its the only profession that doesn't have any perk besides an increase in mana/health potions amounts and a blue quality trinket that will be replaced once you get DMC & heroic/raid trinkets.

Or am I missing something here?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
The alchemist's flask is upgraded.

For example, mine when from 80 agil (at 85) to 320 a couple levels later (still 320 agil now, at 90.)

It upgraded automatically, if I remember correctly. I was mailed the new one or something (so I did not have to make it.)

Now I just wish they updated an everlasting heal potion (though I guess the green tea leaves need a purpose...)
Reply Quote
1) The alchemist flask goes from 80 of [stat] to 320 of [stat] at level 86.

2) The alchemist flask is not the profession perk of alchemy. The perk is 2 hour duration, +additional stats from regular flasks. I get 1480 for 2 hours from the spirit flask, instead of 1 hour of 1000 spirit from the flask that non-alchemist would get.

The purpose of the alchemist flask is to fill the gap when you wouldn't use a flask with the other professions but to keep you on par with their bonuses.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
1) The alchemist flask goes from 80 of [stat] to 320 of [stat] at level 86.

2) The alchemist flask is not the profession perk of alchemy. The perk is 2 hour duration, +additional stats from regular flasks. I get 1480 for 2 hours from the spirit flask, instead of 1 hour of 1000 spirit from the flask that non-alchemist would get.

The purpose of the alchemist flask is to fill the gap when you wouldn't use a flask with the other professions but to keep you on par with their bonuses.

Thanks for the info. I thought that the flask was 320 in Cata since MOP flasks are 1000 stats. Its been a while since I used that flask on my alch so I forgot it was only 80. As for the increased duration, yeah I know that but I always used my "cheap flask" outside of raids & I don't really consider an extra hour as that great of a perk so I forgot about that.
Reply Quote
Basically for PvP Professions give you an additional 320 of a Stat. As the flask is useable in PvP its where your bonus stats come from for having Alchemy to match those of Enchanting/BS and JC and such.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]