Golden Lotus price X 3 for SoH...

... is unreasonable?

Someone was looking for a scribe to make a Rain Poppy Stave, and I told them 600g or 3 golden lotus for each spirit, since GL was at about 200g each at the time. They declined, said it was too much, then started spamming /2 for a scribe with 2 spirits for "reasonable" prices.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
People are always wanting to undervalue mats they can't farm for themselves, and they especially want to undervalue mats they can.

It's not that the price is unreasonable, it's that the value of the item you're making is less than the value of the Golden Lotus. Yes, that means it will never be profitable to make one.
Reply Quote
I've got no desire to make them for profit. I've got fans and DMC cards for that.

But I am thinking about having the leather 476 chest and gloves crafted. I was wondering if it is expected to rip off crafters. My original intent was to offer 800g per spirit, but if 600 is too much, then 800 would be quite ridiculous.
Reply Quote
88 Human Mage
If only you were alliance I would make the chest and gloves for you for that price lol
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Its no unreasonable. That's the exchange rate for frozen orbs & frost lotus in Wrath. I just wish the drop rate on motes were higher because its too darn hard to farm SOH compared to how easy it was to farm frozen orbs were. I'm not saying they should go to a guarenteed drop rate on heroics but up the drop rate of motes at least.
Edited by Plezure on 10/29/2012 12:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
88 Human Mage
Its no unreasonable. That's the exchange rate for frozen orbs & frost lotus in Cata. I just wish the drop rate on motes were higher because its too darn hard to farm SOH compared to how easy it was to farm frozen orbs were. I'm not saying they should go to a guarenteed drop rate on heroics but up the drop rate of motes at least.
Frozen orbs were wrath :p But chaos orbs were in cata.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
10/26/2012 09:40 PMPosted by Redlukey
But I am thinking about having the leather 476 chest and gloves crafted. I was wondering if it is expected to rip off crafters. My original intent was to offer 800g per spirit, but if 600 is too much, then 800 would be quite ridiculous.

Golden Lotus x3 is the floor price for a SoH, any less and the crafter has no reason to bother. I haven't been keeping track, and it'd be server-dependent to an extent anyway, but I can't help but think of a 6-800g SoH being really, really cheap. I could be wrong, since I really haven't been paying attention. But still.

Edit:

If you're still trying to work out a price this link should be a useful starting point:

http://www.phatlewtsgold.net/2012/10/value-of-spirit-of-harmony.html

I just wish the drop rate on motes were higher because its too darn hard to farm SOH compared to how easy it was to farm frozen orbs were. I'm not saying they should go to a guarenteed drop rate on heroics but up the drop rate of motes at least.

Many a tear was shed when Lingering Doubt had their drop table gutted. (Q_Q) ~*sniffle*
Edited by Verelyse on 10/27/2012 12:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Just churning through the infinite dailies I'm forced to do I gather 2-3 full SoH a day. They could buff the drop rate for pre-90 mobs though.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I hate SoH.

No one wants to pay fair price for them even though their value depends entirely on the Golden Lotus market. Sometimes I'm swimming in SoH but I don't want to talk to someone looking for a BS because I don't want the hassle. I'll make more gold turning them into flasks anyway.

Then you go to craft for a guildmate and you have to go with a discount right? I'm not hurting for gold but I'm still sacrificing my own cash to craft him loot.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
That's very reasonable, and if anything it's toward the low end of reasonable. But you can't fault a buyer for looking for a "better deal" -- since your price sounds reasonable, it's entirely possible that after an hour of spamming /2 looking for a cheaper one, he'll realize that and come back to you.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]