Thinking about xfering to Aerie Peak....

90 Human Mage
Is there a login queue? If so how long generally? What is the economy like? The people? What time zone?

Stopped playing to take a much needed break. I come back and the server I have been playing on since character creation, Uldum, is DOA. 10 man raiding really isn't my thing, I like the challenges and social aspect of raiding25. There is literally 2 guilds on Uldum raiding 25, none of which have gotten a clear of vaults yet. Even in 10 man there is 1 heroic boss down, and 2 bosses from HoF that are down. I am not used to this lack of progression, and even though I am only 81 and questing I am starting to scout realms and guilds for a home.

I am kinda looking for something med - high server, alliance strong seeing as how I don't want to faction change cause of lost mounts/pets etc that they don't convert now. Also I'm tired of over inflated prices on a casual / dead server.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Don't.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
There is no login queue. It's a medium pop server. The economy is decent although some materials are inflated in pricing. I generally like the people on Aerie Peak. There are a lot of idiots that you will find on any other server but all in all some good people here. It is a PDT server although it's based in NY. As for 25m raiding, I think there are three guilds that raid 25m on AP (correct me if I am wrong), we are one of them.
Reply Quote
I think we're up to four 25 man guilds? Alone/Uprising, Clever Meme Reference, and us. Either way, there isn't exactly an overabundance of large-format raiding guilds on AP. To be honest, though, I'm not sure there are all that many of them anywhere anymore.

To address your underlying concern, I don't know that you could really consider Aerie Peak groundbreaking in terms of overall raid progression. I'm not sure how WoWProgress' ranking system works so I can't speak to the validity of these metrics, but AP is listed around #70 in terms of PvE progress: http://www.wowprogress.com/realms/rank/us

That said, we've had consistently high achieving raid guilds pretty much since the server opened -- there has always been at least one "hard core" raiding option for people over the past six or so years.

(Whoa, that is some scandalous cleavage Ana-avatar is rocking there.)
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
I think we're up to four 25 man guilds? Alone/Uprising, Clever Meme Reference, and us. Either way, there isn't exactly an overabundance of large-format raiding guilds on AP. To be honest, though, I'm not sure there are all that many of them anywhere anymore.

To address your underlying concern, I don't know that you could really consider Aerie Peak groundbreaking in terms of overall raid progression. I'm not sure how WoWProgress' ranking system works so I can't speak to the validity of these metrics, but AP is listed around #70 in terms of PvE progress: http://www.wowprogress.com/realms/rank/us

That said, we've had consistently high achieving raid guilds pretty much since the server opened -- there has always been at least one "hard core" raiding option for people over the past six or so years.

(Whoa, that is some scandalous cleavage Ana-avatar is rocking there.)

Yes, see, but the realm I will be xfering off of has 2 25 man guilds both a 4/6 MV and 0/6 HoF. So...ya.

Edit: 1 of them got elegon last night woot !

http://www.wowprogress.com/pve/us/uldum/rating.tier14_25
Edited by Dlm on 11/2/2012 6:18 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
I too am looking at getting serious on Aerie Peak, rolling alliance.

The long story short is that in the coming months, I'm going to be moving and am looking for something that will actually be in my timezone.
Reply Quote
You may want to do some research into a few of the guilds that interest you before transferring. Aerie Peak was notorious for being mostly east coast guilds on a west coast server. I don't think it's as big an issue now as it used to be (?), but some due diligence might be in order if schedule is your primary concern.
Reply Quote
100 Human Monk
yo you tryn 2 fite?

ill pvvp u2 the grave bro
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Aerie Peak is also significantly good for instigating new and participating in existing forum troll arguments.

So you know, when you're finally done with all your dailies like I am, you can just troll 24/7.
Reply Quote
100 Human Monk
yeah, be like chaingirl

troll cuz cant kill bosses

on 10 man.

ha!
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
If only we had one man raids Vex. If only.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
11/25/2012 11:28 PMPosted by Chaingirl
If only we had one man raids Vex. If only.

Inb4 Brawler's Guild.
Reply Quote
100 Human Monk
sad that they took the realm first off it.

was so excited to get another one
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]