Is Serpentshrine Cavern Soloable?

90 Troll Mage
I was just wondering if anyone out there has tried at lvl 90. I know that it is close to impossible to defeat Lady Vashj at 85, but with MoP has anyone tried? I'm sure it is significantly easier, but exactly how hard would it be for a 90 Warlock or Mage specifically?

All input is appreciated,, thanks all!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Vashj is a unique encounter, unless they change how the item works it will never be soloable.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I did all of it on my monk this week-end, Vasjh is the only one I couldn't.

Probably possible for specific classes that can heal themselves better.

I was standing on boss doing spinning crane kick to kill the elementals, but the fear is what got me bad, too many elementals hit the boss due to that.
Edited by Karuzo on 11/5/2012 9:53 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Looting the core doesn't root you anymore, so it's possible to solo. Just kill as many elementals as possible (Vashj hits surprisingly hard at 1000%) and kill the tainted elementals quickly before they despawn so you're not stuck in P2 for too long.

The fearing stalkers can be annoying for melee, but you can kill them quickly in between fears.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
hunter and dk solo-ed entire place at 85... Mana class may have trouble with Karathess and i suspect that's the only "hard" boss in there at 90...
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
11/05/2012 10:29 AMPosted by Zoophobic
Vashj is a unique encounter, unless they change how the item works it will never be soloable.

I've done it numerous times.
\

Did they change how the item works? I havent been in there in a long !@# time.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
11/05/2012 10:38 AMPosted by Xiic

I've done it numerous times.
\

Did they change how the item works? I havent been in there in a long !@# time.

Yea, no longer roots you. Just have to get to those tainted elementals before they despawn, which can be a pain if you are on the other side.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
I did this last night and Vashj is not soloable if Rng is not on your side for melee. I tried 5 times, with each encounter having at least 2 of the tainted elemental spawning on the other side of the room, which I was not able to reach in the 15s you have before they port to a random location. Didn't have much trouble with the fears, unless I got feared underwater and get turned around, just to get feared again. Each fight lasted about 8 minutes, and I just couldn't handle to damage going out.

Had zero issues with the other bosses in there.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I think fathom-lord is a major problem since he deals %dmg.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
11/05/2012 09:46 AMPosted by Xiic

They did.

If you have a class with a fear break it's even easier.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
back in cata non mana classes could do 6/6. mana classes could do 5/6 (well most of them). fathom lord's cataclysmic bolt does 50% maximum HP each time it hits (only hits mana using classes). Its cast every 10 seconds or so. I am sure you can burst him down fast enough now but those guys like to chain cc and mess with you so i dunno.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Man for like 30 seconds I was thinking you were talking about Wailing Cavern... My mind was boggled trying to figure out how you couldn't solo it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I have soloed all of SSC at 85, wasn't hard.

To avoid the fear, I'd recommend being human, and talenting lichborne. Rotate your cds for the Big-Scary-Tentacle-Beasts-That-Spam-Fear like so:

PvP trinket.
AMS (I used DRW at 85, probably dont need to now)
Lichborne
AMS
Rinse Repeat
I'd also get roiling blood and death's advance, would do OP add damage and help with getting to the tainted elementals.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
11/05/2012 09:46 AMPosted by Xiic

Your post seems to have been truncated, I'm sure you meant to finish with "Except for the people that soloed it at level 85 - Blood DK, Prot Warrior, Warlock, Hunter, Balance Druid, Shadow Priest, etc."
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Pretty sure i watched a vid on youtube about a level 85 BM hunter soloing her might be wrong though.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
11/05/2012 08:29 PMPosted by Autumni

Your post seems to have been truncated, I'm sure you meant to finish with "Except for the people that soloed it at level 85 - Blood DK, Prot Warrior, Warlock, Hunter, Balance Druid, Shadow Priest, etc."

No need to get on him, he was making his statement because he didn't know about the change to the items that used to root you. Hence why he said, "unless they change how the item works." Not everyone keeps up with all the changes to 5(?) year old content.

To the OP, it's easy at 90 as a DK to keep near full health even when she gets to 100 stacks so I have to admit I'm sort of going through the motions now. It's doable with any class, although some of them probably have to pay more attention to mechanics and the adds and prevent them from getting to her as much as possible while waiting out the Tainted Elementals.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
That boss that hits you for 50% max health every 10 seconds, I soloed him as a spriest...

..at lv85

Yes it took me a few tries

No it wasn't that hard.

Yes shadow resistance did mitigate a lot of damage, so it was only hitting for like 40% damage.

No there is no such thing as shadow resist anymore

Yes I also soloed Vashj at 85, using tailoring nets to root the fearing stalkers.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
I take it half the people in this thread don't know the orb used to root you to the floor and you'd play catch with it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]