Enhance shaman in pvp.

90 Undead Mage
I don't see them particularly often. How are you guys doing in bgs and arenas thus far? Do you think anything needs to be changed in the upcoming patch on enhancement's behalf?
Reply Quote
62 Orc Shaman
SS and LL both need to have their damage % back up to where it was in Cata (they nerfed it in 5.0.4 by about 15%)

Wolves need to scale better with the Shaman's AP (even at the cost of losing a % of the healing factor)

Capacitor Totem needs overhauled completely. Having a stationary stun with a 5 second delay is useless, even with Projection since you have to watch it too closely to be able to watch anything else going on. It's very easy it mis-project, and it's doesn't always work even if the target is on top of the totem.

Glyph of Ghost Wolf needs to just be worked into the ability itself, and potentially replaced with a minor speed increase to GW. Something like 30% is normal GW, but glyphed is 40%. And have the slow/snare reduction standard in GW like it used to be.

Damage overall isn't bad, not good by any means, but not horrible. Granted I'm not completely geared yet on my main Shaman (4pc dreadful, the rest is Contender and 463 pve), and I'm hitting 5 stack LL for 60k on dummies. SO that's would be about 33k on full resil targets.

Totems in general need to be on a separate GCD from the rest of our abilites. I wish we could get our buff totems back, but I know that won't happen.

Regarding the talent system, it's kind of MEH for all three specs IMO. for the 90 tier, Unleash Fury seems to be our best choice, since Elemental Blast is on a 12 second CD, and for PVP, we are using MW5 procs for heals/hex/Lbolt already, we don't need something else on that list.

Our 2pc bonus is the same as always, but decent. Increasing our chance to stack MW5 by 20%. Our 4pc bonus is a double edge sword. If we switch to FB on O/H, we keep the 40% buff to LL, but we lose the 7% spell damage buff from FT. So it's give or take there. You can use a macro to switch on combat on the fly, but again, that's another GCD being used that could be used on something a lot more important at that particular time.

When we lost Reverberation, making Wind Shear a 12 second cd, it wasn't bad, it just put us on par with all the other interrupts. But losing the 1 second CD reduction to Shocks did actually hurt. Ele kept the 5 second cd to Shocks, but Enhancement got stuck with a 6 second cd. Making the choice of using one of the 3 Shock spells fairly clunky, since FS's dot doesn't line up with the cd, even if you glyph it, it still doesn't line up. Meaning it's impossible to have an upkeep of 100% without overlapping.

That's all I can think of right now, But I'm sure there's a lot more.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
zero mobility......... spirit walk no longer with 4sec immune to slows and roots
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Well, mobility is rather pointless considering everyone and their mother has stuns and roots now.

The most difficult thing I find is that anytime you use a defensive/utility cooldown skillfully, you just end up getting restunned/rooted/feared again.

Enhancement also doesn't have the 'immunity' cooldown that every other class does, so it makes them an amazing target for everyone.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
enhancment is better in pvp than it has been in years.

mobility isnt too big of an issue, whats really a problem is that we get obliterated by any other melee.

warriors/hunter/feral/dk will see enhancement as a free HK in bgs,arena,wpvp... even with a dedicated healer behind us its usually too much damage to heal through and we drop pretty quick.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
With Unleashed Fury and Frostbrand weapon, we don't have mobility issues so much in the sense of "I can't get close to my target." We are extremely vulnerable to stuns though, and that affects us on a much deeper level than just "mobility."

We are in a damned good state overall though. I enjoy it immensely. Use Ascendance intelligently and you will have fun too.

Also, people aren't talking about it but Disarm getting a nerf is a huge buff for enh shaman. Especially for Ascendance.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
SS and LL both need to have their damage % back up to where it was in Cata (they nerfed it in 5.0.4 by about 15%)

Wolves need to scale better with the Shaman's AP (even at the cost of losing a % of the healing factor)

Capacitor Totem needs overhauled completely. Having a stationary stun with a 5 second delay is useless, even with Projection since you have to watch it too closely to be able to watch anything else going on. It's very easy it mis-project, and it's doesn't always work even if the target is on top of the totem.

Glyph of Ghost Wolf needs to just be worked into the ability itself, and potentially replaced with a minor speed increase to GW. Something like 30% is normal GW, but glyphed is 40%. And have the slow/snare reduction standard in GW like it used to be.

Damage overall isn't bad, not good by any means, but not horrible. Granted I'm not completely geared yet on my main Shaman (4pc dreadful, the rest is Contender and 463 pve), and I'm hitting 5 stack LL for 60k on dummies. SO that's would be about 33k on full resil targets.

Totems in general need to be on a separate GCD from the rest of our abilites. I wish we could get our buff totems back, but I know that won't happen.

Regarding the talent system, it's kind of MEH for all three specs IMO. for the 90 tier, Unleash Fury seems to be our best choice, since Elemental Blast is on a 12 second CD, and for PVP, we are using MW5 procs for heals/hex/Lbolt already, we don't need something else on that list.

Our 2pc bonus is the same as always, but decent. Increasing our chance to stack MW5 by 20%. Our 4pc bonus is a double edge sword. If we switch to FB on O/H, we keep the 40% buff to LL, but we lose the 7% spell damage buff from FT. So it's give or take there. You can use a macro to switch on combat on the fly, but again, that's another GCD being used that could be used on something a lot more important at that particular time.

When we lost Reverberation, making Wind Shear a 12 second cd, it wasn't bad, it just put us on par with all the other interrupts. But losing the 1 second CD reduction to Shocks did actually hurt. Ele kept the 5 second cd to Shocks, but Enhancement got stuck with a 6 second cd. Making the choice of using one of the 3 Shock spells fairly clunky, since FS's dot doesn't line up with the cd, even if you glyph it, it still doesn't line up. Meaning it's impossible to have an upkeep of 100% without overlapping.

That's all I can think of right now, But I'm sure there's a lot more.

honestly couldnt have said it any better. We aren't wanted in arena or rbgs due to the "go on the enh because it is soft mentality"
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
10/26/2012 11:08 AMPosted by Xaø
We aren't wanted in arena or rbgs due to the "go on the enh because it is soft mentality"

Enh is so good for arenas right now.... rbgs yeah we're still useless... but who cares.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
10/26/2012 12:36 PMPosted by Jkspiritlink
We aren't wanted in arena or rbgs due to the "go on the enh because it is soft mentality"

Enh is so good for arenas right now.... rbgs yeah we're still useless... but who cares.

When I ran 2s all I ran into was warriors and hunters.

My under-resilienced self cried.

But it was OK because sticking like glue to bad frost mages made my day.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
10/26/2012 12:45 PMPosted by Stierzorn

its much better in 3's. I'd call us "above-average" for our 3's. we can hold our own, but no one is going to run triple enh shaman to gladiator like they have been as triple war or triple bm...
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
10/26/2012 12:52 PMPosted by Jkspiritlink

its much better in 3's. I'd call us "above-average" for our 3's. we can hold our own, but no one is going to run triple enh shaman to gladiator like they have been as triple war or triple bm...

Haha yeah I can imagine. This is the best I've felt on this guy, period. Well I did enjoy being GCD locked in Wrath, but that is for a separate topic regarding just PvE. PvP... this is a blast.

Only complaints are with Capacitor totem's wonkiness combined with the longish CD, and our susceptibility to the plethora of instagib CD's in existence today. I can go on forever, it seems, against someone in a straight up fight. When a ret blows CDs or a warrior drops banner+Reck... I hope to God that I have help from a partner.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
10/26/2012 01:04 PMPosted by Stierzorn
Only complaints are with Capacitor totem's wonkiness combined with the longish CD

I think i may be the only shaman in the world who really enjoys throwing my totems at people's faces.

i love cap totem with projection. it takes alot of getting used to and im still no where near as good with it as i should be, but i love doing it.

10/26/2012 01:04 PMPosted by Stierzorn
When a ret blows CDs or a warrior drops banner+Reck... I hope to God that I have help from a partner.

yeah :( try using primal elementalist and the earth elemental is really good. the 2 5second physical stuns as well as 20% damage reduction for 60seconds... its alot less damage then UF or EB but its better than being dead.

(its still very possible you'll die through PE's damage reduction.)
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Oh I didn't mean I don't like projecting the totem. I do. I just feel like either the base casting time for the stun OR the CD needs to change. Feels very high-risk-high-reward atm, which is cool I guess.

I've heard good things about PE, but I am too addicted of UF. I basically just try to kite stuff when I can since the speed buff scales with Ghost Wolf. My biggest issue atm in PvP is a lack of a complete set. I'll feel pretty good in full resil, I'd wager. In arenas I'll probably start doing the whole Rockbiter UF macro, but haven't bothered yet.

The more I think about it, my main issue with our survivability is that we have to build into it in most ways. Whether it is through Maelstrom heals, Ancestral Guidance/Conductivity, Stone Bulwark, Capacitor... these things take time to start seeing real benefits, and if you get zerged before they have a chance to kick in... well... GL. lol
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
10/26/2012 01:17 PMPosted by Stierzorn
I've heard good things about PE, but I am too addicted of UF.

I personally love EB.... 70k crit worth of extra damage (instead of a ~25k crit lighning bolt) and a huge mastery buff.... that 3500 mastery REALLY makes a noticeable difference.
Reply Quote
62 Orc Shaman
EB is really nice, but unpredictable. If you hit mastery or haste, you're fine. But that chance to hit multiple crit buffs in a row (which I've done in testing) is pointless. Crit scales horribly, for Enhancement at least. It also doesn't benefit Wolves or either elemental. I am loving the 3-4k extra dps from UF though with FT on. Static shock on auto attacks for 6 seconds is just insane when stacking haste and mastery. Then you add Windfury into the mix and it's game over.

Like some one posted above though, although we are a caster's worst nightmare right now (minus warriors until 5.1), every other melee class is our nightmare. The only thing we have against them is kiting with FB and UF, which is a crapshoot at best. Sham Rage is nice, but not enough with all the burst right now. AS isn't usable while stunned, so predicting the burst is kinda of a waste. and Sham Rage is really only useful if glyphed to dispel (which does work on HoJ for those of you who didn't know that).

Like I said before, damage isn't bad, we do have a better kite/gap closer now with UF and FB plus Frost Shock with no minimum range. Our biggest issue right now is the lack of defensives. Off healing is great, MW5 with healing surge, Glyph of Healing Storm and a Echo proc non crit for me right now is about 120k. But none of that matters if we die within a single rogue stun rotation or a shockwave into a reck/banner burst.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
youtube: Hubbrage.
If you want help with enhancement techniques.
Hes very good, very informative and very entertaining.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
10/27/2012 07:06 PMPosted by Synthetix
am loving the 3-4k extra dps from UF though with FT on. Static shock on auto attacks for 6 seconds is just insane when stacking haste and mastery. Then you add Windfury into the mix and it's game over.

i dont like UF for a couple reasons... 1) it doesnt work during ascendance at all. theres a bug with it and while in ascendance it just doesnt happen. Ascendance is our chance to kill. it has to be as spectacular as possible and to use a talent that prevents that... ehh.

2) its only really useful if you UE while already on top of the target. I like having UE as a ranged ability that i can use if i am being temporarily kited. I can also use it while charging into the targets so when i connect is SS/LL/WF as quick as possible.

3) I really really like EB. when it hits, it hits like a truck. even if you do get the disgusting crit buff it still is almost triple the damage of a lightning bolt. good to use right before ascendance... on-use trinket, EB, SS, ascendnace/em/fire ele stormblast! probably 150k damage right there.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
Enhancement desperately needs an immunity buff, something along the lines of the resto 4pc that grants immunity to silences and interupts for 5sec after you cast spiritwalker's grace. Honestly though I'm tired of the enhancement needs this and needs that discussion:

1.Mobility -.- Between spirit walk which breaks a root and ghost wolf glyph and frost shock root+slow and UF FB slow+speed increase and we still have stupid earthbind. Honestly there's no reason to complain about mobility guys.

2.Damage-Our damage outside of cds is not great, sure, however if you have a hard time killing anything that isn't being healed(or IS a healer) it's a L2P issue, if your not interrupting and ccing anything that can heal your doing it wrong, and learning when to pop your cds is the most important thing that people never learn to do. Your stormblast is going to hit like a wet noodle if you use it on a spriest if they just popped dispersion. Sitting it out until they have no defensive cds will always mean an easy kill, so if your not trying to do that, your wrong.

3.Survivability-5MW surges crit for over 100k even without Echo, not to mention we also have healing stream which is good for soaking up the auto attacks you'll get hit with(mostly). We also have SBT which when combined with Call of the Elements means you can use it twice in a row equaling out to about an 80k absorbtion. We also have either HTT which is very good base healing and will save you during most of the burst in this game ot AG which can be very useful though I wwouldn't recommend it considering if you get cced you just wasted it basically. SR 30% dr plus it dispells all harmful magic effects if you glyph it, try it on a afflic lock and see them cry. AS will give you another 40% dr if you take that as well. Oh and our spirit wolves which will keep you up through just about anything when they don't get cced(damn you blizz!) and you can glyph them to do 40% more healing.

4.Enhance is bad against melees-This is false, your half caster so you need to learn to kite these players. See a warrior pop reck and banner? run away you wont win up close, pop spirit walk and ascendance and stay just out of melee range but inside the charge range which is 8 yards. This is ridiculously hard, lol yes, but far from impossible as when the warrior is getting crushed by your stormblasts he will start popping cds left and right, thus evening the odds a little as warrior cds are typically longer than ours. ferals can be rooted and should be as often as possible when they try to burst, look for the armored form. Frost dks need to be reworked imo, lol. If you can't beat a ret right now, it's probably because your letting them control the tempo of the fight, this is wrong, always have them on the run as their burst is the ONLY thing to worry about and purge purge purge, lol I know it's ridiculous but it works too well to not do it. Rogues are almost nonexistent now but just sit out most of their burst and then root them pop a few defensives then go on the offensive, if they don't get you during the stunlock they really don't stand a chance.

5.Hunters/casters-locks shouldn't be a problem were a pretty good comp against them, the same can be said about "non-frost" mages, spriests are a little too op atm for any melee to beat them down unless they have an effective silence(warriors and dks, til 5.1 then just dks), but disc and holy nomnomnom. Ele shams should get locked down pretty easy and they're squishy for the most part so just keep them on the run and it should be relatively easy. Hunters -.- these are clearly broken right now as far as burst but killing a hunter outside of the zoo macro should not be an issue as we can escape most if not all of their cc and their damage is terrible outside of burst. Frost mages, the kings and queens of pvp.....honestly they need to be reworked as well, they have top damage and top cc and above average survivability, all I can say is win early or don't win at all lol.

5.Healers-Thanks to Purge glyph we can solo all but the really good resto druids, resto shams aren't far behind here as we can purge almost everything. Hpallys are tough for any class and I would reccommend 3 people to kill one quickly, their mana never goes away it seems. Disc is garbage so far so just purge curbstomp purge repeat. Honestly healers are where we work best as we can lock them down pretty well, so if anything enhancers should stay glued to all enemy healers more than any other class as were very equipped to deal with them, making us very viable in PvP.

Overall, we aren't great. Tons better than we were, but were still a jack of all trades spec. This means while were good at everything were not great at any one thing, so you need to learn where you can contribute and how as we are the premier support class, which doesn't sound great to most people, but it's better than being nothing without your cds which is what almost every other class is.

10/28/2012 03:41 AMPosted by Jkspiritlink
i dont like UF for a couple reasons... 1) it doesnt work during ascendance at all. theres a bug with it and while in ascendance it just doesnt happen.

I really wish they would fix this bug already, it's a good chunk of dps were missing out on when we burst.
Reply Quote
62 Orc Shaman
10/28/2012 03:41 AMPosted by Jkspiritlink
i dont like UF for a couple reasons... 1) it doesnt work during ascendance at all. theres a bug with it and while in ascendance it just doesnt happen. Ascendance is our chance to kill. it has to be as spectacular as possible and to use a talent that prevents that... ehh.

I actually hadn't even noticed the bug until I read this and tested it myself. Dear god that was a huge whiff on my part for not catching that, and a bugger whiff on Blizz for not fixing it.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
UF is buggged with ascendance? FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]