85-90 Leveling

90 Night Elf Death Knight
1-70 took about 40 hours /played when I started at the end of BC.

70-80 took about 15 hours /played when wrath hit.

80-85 took 17-20 hours /played for the first couple months, then got easier when I started pathing through Hyjal instead of VJ.

85-90 took 35 hours of focused play for the first toon; the second one took 31, and I'm at 22 hours invested in number three, most of the way to 89.

Why, blizz? why?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Because !@#$ us T^T
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
1-70 was nerfed quite a bit by the end of BC to help catch people up.

1-60 after many times through I got down to 192 hours (8 days). It wasn't nerfed until after tBC had lauched.
60-70 was still a good 3-4 /days played

1-70 took about 4 weeks real time when tbc launched and that was being 2nd horde paladin to 70 at the time.

70-80 was definitely more than 15hours. Can't recall the hours played but I was the 3rd paladin to 80 on the 3rd day of playing.

80-85 was so fast due to flying. Was finally able to hit first to max level after 14hrs played.

85-90 I took a break from racing and took casually about 25hrs played.

Leveling has come a long long way from having having time requirements reduced. Cata was too much though with flying mounts allowed. MoP is fine.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I really enjoy leveling in MoP right now. I feel like it's long enough that I can't justify rushing through it as fast as possible like in Cata(I think the first person hit 85 in like 9 hours? On my Rogue I managed to do it in about 8 or 9, I think.) Now it's been long enough that I'm able to see most if not all of Pandaria, get into some scuffles out in the world, and not lose interest. My biggest problem is hitting the big milestones and their time difference.

1-15 seems like it takes years.

15-40 takes a relatively short amount of time

40-58 drags on

58-60 is like an hour of questing

60-68 seems like an eternity

68-70 is short

70-80 is an eternity

80-85 is short

85-90 is reasonable.

I don't want to come off as an entitled jerk here, but the leveling experiences should be more even. The 40-60 specifically should be changed so it feels less grind-y. Of all the level areas 40-60 and 60-68/70 is by far the worst, just because there's such a stagnation in everything you can do, and a severe lack of people who actually are out in the world questing/decent people dungeoning. I have a bunch of characters sitting around 45-50 just because I can't get myself to level them any further. Likewise I have quite a few toons just sitting in the TBC/Early WotLK dungeon/quest areas because the areas just seem to stagnate. It might be because I've run the quests/dungeons/areas so many times I'm sick of them, but a lot of it has to do with the experiences gains just seeming to drop off, even with BoAs.

Right now in MoP there's just so many areas to go to, and so many different quests you can do I think running maybe 6 or 7 toons through the 85-90 you still won't have experienced every possible quest you can do, assuming you're just questing right to 90 and stopping.
Edited by Jïvëkïtty on 11/1/2012 4:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I really enjoy leveling in MoP right now. I feel like it's long enough that I can't justify rushing through it as fast as possible like in Cata(I think the first person hit 85 in like 9 hours? On my Rogue I managed to do it in about 8 or 9, I think.) Now it's been long enough that I'm able to see most if not all of Pandaria, get into some scuffles out in the world, and not lose interest. My biggest problem is hitting the big milestones and their time difference.

1-15 seems like it takes years.

15-40 takes a relatively short amount of time

40-58 drags on

58-60 is like an hour of questing

60-68 seems like an eternity

68-70 is short

70-80 is an eternity

80-85 is short

85-90 is reasonable.

I don't want to come off as an entitled jerk here, but the leveling experiences should be more even. The 40-60 specifically should be changed so it feels less grind-y. Of all the level areas 40-60 and 60-68/70 is by far the worst, just because there's such a stagnation in everything you can do, and a severe lack of people who actually are out in the world questing/decent people dungeoning. I have a bunch of characters sitting around 45-50 just because I can't get myself to level them any further. Likewise I have quite a few toons just sitting in the TBC/Early WotLK dungeon/quest areas because the areas just seem to stagnate. It might be because I've run the quests/dungeons/areas so many times I'm sick of them, but a lot of it has to do with the experiences gains just seeming to drop off, even with BoAs.

Right now in MoP there's just so many areas to go to, and so many different quests you can do I think running maybe 6 or 7 toons through the 85-90 you still won't have experienced every possible quest you can do, assuming you're just questing right to 90 and stopping.

I agree, for the most part. 70-80 is probably the worst, it just drags on forever. My Paladin is stuck at 72 because I can't bring myself to level through Northrend for a 7th time.

But I have to say, 85-90 does take quite a while. It felt fine on my Priest, since I took my time exploring and seeing all the pretty zones and reading quest text and whatnot, but now that I have a 90, the leveling feels like an eternity for my Shaman. I can't imagine going through it again and again on my other 4 85s. I leveled through 85-90 in Beta and it felt faster and more reasonable, but I think it's because they increased the experience needed after I leveled them (and though I'm not proud to admit it, I also made great use of the Ascendance/Ghost Wolf bug and basically had permanent Ascendance while leveling my Ele Shaman, which definitely sped things up). But it feels a bit long, in my opinion. Not nearly as bad as it used to be in Vanilla and BC, though.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
For me, I'm usually okay up until the part in Jade forest where you have to do the four vehicle storyquest in a row in the Jinyu village. Kind of cool the first time, absolutely dreadful afterwards and I end up just stopping there on my alts.

If i make it past that, the first dozen Valley of the Four winds quest are pretty bad too - The Virmin frequently knock back, run away, or stun you, basically do everything possible to make it as unenjoyable as possible.

After that its okay. Would prefer it be faster, but its okay.
Edited by Leciel on 11/1/2012 6:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
For me, I'm usually okay up until the part in Jade forest where you have to do the four vehicle storyquest in a row in the Jinyu village. Kind of cool the first time, absolutely dreadful afterwards and I end up just stopping there on my alts.

If i make it past that, the first dozen Valley of the Four winds quest are pretty bad too - The Virmin frequently knock back, run away, or stun you, basically do everything possible to make it as unenjoyable as possible.

I've pretty much tanked my warrior to 88 so far so I can go back and pick and choose which zone I want to do since the xp you get isn't harshly punished in terms of lvl vs the quests.
Reply Quote

Beginning of VotFW sucked as a Priest, with those groups of small mobs. My only AoE is Mind Sear, and that's not enough to be helpful in those situations.

Much more pleasant on my Shaman, where I can Chain Lightning the crap out of them.
Reply Quote
88 Night Elf Rogue
60 (something) to 80 was a breeze for me due to AV bg back in the day. I am working on 80-90 and it seems like an eternity because the quests are many. I do burn through them quick though.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
80-85 is less than an hour each... 85-90 looking about 3 hours first two. 3 and half for 87 88-90 is about 4 hours each? Depending how fast your grinding the quests... I think i picked up every herb that has ever spawned on my map.. Lol kind of slowed me down whilr running away from quests.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
11/06/2012 05:57 AMPosted by Kegsmash
80-85 is less than an hour each... 85-90 looking about 3 hours first two. 3 and half for 87 88-90 is about 4 hours each? Depending how fast your grinding the quests... I think i picked up every herb that has ever spawned on my map.. Lol kind of slowed me down whilr running away from quests.

You say an hour apiece 80-85. Doing what exactly? I have an 80 'lock I am dreading getting to 85 so can start in the new lands. Just came back on the trial.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
80 to 85 sure seemed to be a bit faster to me then 85 to 90 was. Not to mention 85 to 90 just felt kind of unpleasant after the first two levels. The like 24 hours of no sleep might've had something to do with that though.
Reply Quote
1 Blood Elf Rogue
I actually don't think the questing process is too bad 80-85 ( though 84-85 seemed to drag a bit toward the end, I started to run out of quests in dread wastes on my first alt through there).

I think the bigger issue there is that Dungeons and Battlegrounds seem to be way undertuned in terms of XP/time right now at that level bracket.

But Blizzard seems really opposed to the idea of alternate progression at higher levels, particularly through BGs. I remember back when XP from BGs was first introduced doing AV was actually a viable alternative to questing (technically worse, since you got gear at a much slower pace), then Blizzard nerfed it into the dirt.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
The problem isn't 85-90 it's 88-90, these two levels are the absolute worst thing ever.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
I levelled this character from level 1 about 2 weeks ago. It took under 4 days /played to go from 1-90. In BC it took 5 days to get most classes to level 70.

Keep in mind that in full heirlooms, you are getting 45% bonus XP from level 1-80, and 25% bonus XP from 80-85. That makes a big difference.
Edited by Hoimen on 11/13/2012 5:11 AM PST
Reply Quote
89 Human Paladin
I'm currently 85 3bars from 86 and its taking forever can someone please inform me on the fastest way for me to get to 90.I am also lvling a monk he's lvl 28 and when he gets there I need to know also.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
12/31/2012 11:26 AMPosted by Giigidy
I'm currently 85 3bars from 86 and its taking forever can someone please inform me on the fastest way for me to get to 90.I am also lvling a monk he's lvl 28 and when he gets there I need to know also.

Hit 86 in Jade Forest, go directly to Vale. Hit 87 in Vale, go directly to Kun Lai. hit 88 in Kun Lai, hit 89 in Townlong (you'll basically finish the zone). Finally, hit 90 in Dread (Again, you'll finish the zone).

Avoid Krasarang like the plague and try to not do the part of Jade after Dawn's. It's very spread out for less experience than Valley.

This will be my third 90, and it's the best path I've seen so far~

though if it's your first time, I would do all of jade, all of valley, all of townlong and all of dread. kun lai isn't all that worth the completion.
Edited by Melting on 12/31/2012 11:42 AM PST
Reply Quote
89 Human Paladin
Is that how you leveled.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
11/12/2012 04:11 PMPosted by Dynarok

You say an hour apiece 80-85. Doing what exactly? I have an 80 'lock I am dreading getting to 85 so can start in the new lands. Just came back on the trial.

I think total time for me to go from 80-85 on my lock was about 5 hours played. Hyjal was a little slow, but Deepholm is pretty fast. Was averaging a level every 45 mins on average once I got there. If you haven't hit 85 by the time you finish Deepholm you can hit up Uldum for some Indiana Jones style action, but if you are coming back from level 80 the rest XP should carry you all the way through Hyjal and Deepholm assuming you don't run any dungeons to burn it faster.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]