Double Rep for second level 90

90 Worgen Death Knight
11/02/2012 01:39 PMPosted by Briox
More crap for my bags? Bag space is already at a premium... Are they at least BoA so we can put them in an alt who has at least SOME space in their inventory?
You use it once, it flags your account.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
After testing this internally, we felt the "trigger" wasn't obvious enough so we decided to create an item that players can purchase which, when used, grants the user's account with the bonus.

More crap for my bags? Bag space is already at a premium... Are they at least BoA so we can put them in an alt who has at least SOME space in their inventory?

To me it sounded like it would be consumed on use.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
After testing this internally, we felt the "trigger" wasn't obvious enough so we decided to create an item that players can purchase which, when used, grants the user's account with the bonus.

it seems to be a on use item. hopefully just one time an bam.
Reply Quote
1 Tauren Priest
11/02/2012 01:26 PMPosted by Sunac
You can read about the upcoming changes to reputation gains [url="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6794350230"]here[/url]. =)

D'awww. Can I tame you? Just wander out the harbor, and you'll share a loving home with my wolves and giant cats. ♥

Do it before someone gets a group to kill him again :(
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
As a matter of fact, now seems like a good time to follow-up with everyone with the latest information.

There's an item you can buy with a character that has reached (Revered, I think?) that will increase all reputation gains with your characters for the MoP factions, one for each faction.

Thank you for noting this, Malmström. In my original message, reaching Revered with any particular faction on Pandaria would have triggered double reputation for all characters on the Battle.net account with that same faction. After testing this internally, we felt the "trigger" wasn't obvious enough so we decided to create an item that players can purchase which, when used, grants the user's account with the bonus.

The changes to reputation gains are intended for Patch 5.1, but please do keep in mind that the patch is still in development. If there are any further changes, we'll let you know.

I still don't get the idea of just cutting revered -> exalted before you even get exalted, why doesn't the item require exalted?

Also... MoP rep only? Come on... help those grinding old reps for recipes.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I really can't run dailies. You can change rep to x5, I still cannot sit there and do the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over. See how annoying that is?
Reply Quote
Meh, rep gain bonus, or no rep gain bonus, I am still not doing any dailies, neither are any of my friends. We want the option to gain rep in other ways besides dailies blizzard.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
is something we 'buy'? i just wonder how much this purchase price will be?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
11/02/2012 01:52 PMPosted by Urmomsaidwow
I really can't run dailies. You can change rep to x5, I still cannot sit there and do the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over. See how annoying that is?
But if you had a rep tabard, you'd run those dungeons over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and be totally okay with it?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
11/02/2012 01:52 PMPosted by Urmomsaidwow

So you never do anything in WoW more than 1 or 2 times? You don't do the same raids over and over, or the same heroics over and over?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
11/02/2012 01:53 PMPosted by Madmartigan
Meh, rep gain bonus, or no rep gain bonus, I am still not doing any dailies, neither are any of my friends. We want the option to gain rep in other ways besides dailies blizzard.
Reply Quote
11/02/2012 01:54 PMPosted by Malmström
But if you had a rep tabard, you'd run those dungeons over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and be totally okay with it?

I personally would. Why? Because my wife and my 3 friends have fun running dungeons over and over to see how good we do, and to get to know how we all play together for raids later on. It also helps us learn our class better and overall, its 1000000x more fun then running stupid dailies.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
11/02/2012 01:25 PMPosted by Dakall
Does that mean toon B gets quadruple rep at revered?

no it means the toon buying the item for double rep (and can do so at revered) then begins obtaining double rep on its way to exalted.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest

People get tired of repetition in general. That said, the more engaging the content, or the more socialization it engenders, or the more challenge it presents, the longer it can typically go before players feel like they're engaged in nothing but a mind-numbing time sink. Some things never quite make it to the realm of being viewed by players as nothing but a time-sink, because the challenging and engaging nature of the content remains strong even after it's been defeated once.

The tendency to be disliked for repetition tends to match the game's standard difficulty structure, which going from least difficult to most difficult is:

Solo -> Normal Dungeon -> Heroic Dungeon -> LFR Raid - Normal Raid - Hard Mode Raid.

That leaves out Challenge Mode Dungeons, which are relatively new, and Scenarios; it also doesn't take into account the different raid sizes for 10 and 25, but overall that's the normal view of things.

Solo content requires the least tactically, it has no challenge, doesn't call upon people to master their class, doesn't involve socialization. The only thing that really aids solo content in the game is when it's intertwined with progressing the lore and pushing you to explore new areas and see new things. And that's the players general experience with solo content as they level up, and even when they get to the level cap if they decide they want to finish the stories of the various zones.

But "Dailies" lose those advantages the second time you do the same quest and beyond. A "daily" quest gives no new lore the second time, no new exploration. Without those things, it has nothing to counter the general problems of solo content in lacking challenge or socialization.

So, people might not enjoy running the same dungeons over and over and over again indefinitely, but they certainly have more staying power than dailies in terms of not severely annoying players. That main thing that got on player's nerves in Cataclysm wasn't that there wasn't enough dailies or that dungeons were rewarding too much - it was just that Blizzard was being notoriously slow in coming out with new endgame content. People complaining about how new raids were taking too long to come out were not upset about the fact that dailies weren't being pushed enough.
Edited by Torvald on 11/2/2012 2:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
As a matter of fact, now seems like a good time to follow-up with everyone with the latest information.

There's an item you can buy with a character that has reached (Revered, I think?) that will increase all reputation gains with your characters for the MoP factions, one for each faction.

Thank you for noting this, Malmström. In my original message, reaching Revered with any particular faction on Pandaria would have triggered double reputation for all characters on the Battle.net account with that same faction. After testing this internally, we felt the "trigger" wasn't obvious enough so we decided to create an item that players can purchase which, when used, grants the user's account with the bonus.

The changes to reputation gains are intended for Patch 5.1, but please do keep in mind that the patch is still in development. If there are any further changes, we'll let you know.

Crithto,

Is it going to be account wide but limited to server like the valor point buff is?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
11/02/2012 01:09 PMPosted by Crithto
In my original message, reaching Revered with any particular faction on Pandaria would have triggered double reputation for all characters on the Battle.net account with that same faction.

Actually in your ORIGINAL Message, you didn't say anything about the reputations being limited to Pandaria. Is it ok for us to have to take extra time for other reps but not Pandaria? This is a real problem, and not fixing it now, when you put it in for the new content, just means we're going to have to suffer for an undetermined period until you decide to implement it.

Who does it hurt to make it all reps. Give me an honest answer.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
You you are still basically giving away exalted rep with a faction? Very disappointing for an expansion that was supposed to make maxing out all factions special again.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
As I have pointed out, for me anyway, it isn't so much about "OMG I have to do dailies!?"

It's about logging in, finding that I can do all my 'days' progression in 30 minutes, and finding myself with nothing else to do.

Raids are locked.
Professions are gated.
Valor is gated.
Dailies are capped.

So then I go and level my ALTS up, because I love alts, and as soon as I hit 90 with them I have to start all over again and it gets pretty old pretty fast.

4 level 90's and doing the same dailies 4 times a day? That is just too much even for a WoW addict like myself.

All in all it's about variety and progression and it doesn't feel like there is any. I know a lot of people say "Hey go do Achievements and run old instances." Well I didn't buy MoP to run old instances and not everyone is big on Achievements.

This change is very welcome but it coming with 5.1 just might be too late for me. Knowing how WoW is, i'll probably let the sub run out for a while and come back once there is lots of new content and the game isn't as gated so much. I want to feel like i'm progressing, I want to feel as if I am getting somewhere and it just doesn't feel that way right now.

I want to play 10 hours a day if I so choose t0, not be forced into 1-2 hours a day and told to wait until the next day. This should not be Harvest Moon or Animal Crossing.

Still love WoW though. :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]