Double Rep for second level 90

90 Worgen Rogue
As a matter of fact, now seems like a good time to follow-up with everyone with the latest information.

There's an item you can buy with a character that has reached (Revered, I think?) that will increase all reputation gains with your characters for the MoP factions, one for each faction.

Thank you for noting this, Malmström. In my original message, reaching Revered with any particular faction on Pandaria would have triggered double reputation for all characters on the Battle.net account with that same faction. After testing this internally, we felt the "trigger" wasn't obvious enough so we decided to create an item that players can purchase which, when used, grants the user's account with the bonus.

The changes to reputation gains are intended for Patch 5.1, but please do keep in mind that the patch is still in development. If there are any further changes, we'll let you know.

Can we get some clarification as to how throwing several new items into Quartermasters that not everyone is bothering to go to(since some care more about the JP/Valor items and just go to Niuzao Temple) is any more obvious than simply causing the buff to occur?

If instead, the trigger needs to be more obvious for the software side of things, why not instead send a mail to the players upon reaching the Revered + on a toon. Infrastructure's already there as seen by the seed packs we get from Farmer Yoon for Tiller rep. Even then, it still seems odd that it would be needed given that there's a similar account-wide bonus for Valor when one toon maxes out for the week.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
Feat of strength for Pandaren Ambassador pre-patch?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
11/02/2012 01:52 PMPosted by Urmomsaidwow
I really can't run dailies. You can change rep to x5, I still cannot sit there and do the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over. See how annoying that is?

But aren't you doing that already with heroics??? and heroics NEVER change, they are the same every single time. at least the daily quests change up.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
11/02/2012 02:25 PMPosted by Cloudzen
finding myself with nothing else to do.

level a second prof

level fishing, first aid, archaeology

finish exploring the world

do some loremastering

complete more older reptutations

partake in pet bettles

do some random battleground

and im sure theres more. but im just looking at your achievements that arent complete yet
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
Thank you for noting this, Malmström. In my original message, reaching Revered with any particular faction on Pandaria would have triggered double reputation for all characters on the Battle.net account with that same faction. After testing this internally, we felt the "trigger" wasn't obvious enough so we decided to create an item that players can purchase which, when used, grants the user's account with the bonus.

The changes to reputation gains are intended for Patch 5.1, but please do keep in mind that the patch is still in development. If there are any further changes, we'll let you know.

Sorry but I don't get it. How does having an item exclusively for alts make sense when there are still people who's mains are trying to do these things? It would just make more sense if you either gave us BoA rep (all toons have the same rep) or just upped the amount everyone gains from dailies.

A lot of these posts being made are about people getting their mains reputations up- especially with GL. GL is the grindiest of the rep grinds and you have to do them from Neutral until Revered to even open up the other two. You even have a poll stickied on the top of this page with hundreds of replies on the subject.

I think that's what's turning it off for me. While, yes, I've managed to stomach it until Honored, I just do not find myself even wanting to do this on my hunter- who could use the recipes (or any of my other crafters). Heck, at this point, I barely even want to level up my other 85's.

Is it that hard to just up the rep rewards (meaning instead of 140 rep per dailiy, giving it 250 rep per) for these dailies across all characters and not just alts?

Or even lower the rep requirement needed in order to open up SP/AC? << Is actually the main drawback right there.

I have no problem putting 'work' into these rep grinds (despite most of my arguments around here), but when the grind starts from Neutral and requires revered to even open up any other reps, it makes me not even want to bother.
Edited by Jujubiju on 11/2/2012 2:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Am I missing something here?

Last they said it would be a 50% increase to Rep. That is NOT double rep gain. Why is the Blue also calling it double rep gain?

100% would be double rep gain.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

Sorry but I don't get it.

A lot of these posts being made are about people getting their mains reputations up- especially with GL. GL is the grindiest of the rep grinds and you have to do them from Neutral until Revered to even open up the other two. You even have a poll stickied on the top of this page with hundreds of replies on the subject.

I think that's what's turning it off for me. While, yes, I've managed to stomach it until Honored, I just do not find myself even wanting to do this on my hunter- who could use the recipes (or any of my other crafters). Heck, at this point, I barely even want to level up my other 85's.

Is it that hard to just up the rep rewards (meaning instead of 140 rep per dailiy, giving it 250 rep per) for these dailies across all characters and not just alts?

Or even lower the rep requirement needed in order to open up SP/AC? << Is actually the main drawback right there.

I have no problem putting 'work' into these rep grinds (despite most of my arguments around here), but when the grind starts from Neutral and requires revered to even open up any other reps, it makes me not even want to bother.

The fact is, it really doesn't take that long to reach revered. You're looking at 2-3 weeks tops. I hit exalted with GL in just about one month. That is quite fast. Not only that, but this discussion has become a general complaint about everything from having too many dailies to do to having not enough due to gating. Blizzard is requiring people to work for gear that allows them to progress outside of raiding. If you can raid, your gear progression will come from the raids, and only a little from VP gear. If not, there is a progression to work toward to be given good gear even without raiding.

Not only that, but the dailies are gated in such a way that you can do all of the available ones every day and be done with several by the time new ones open up. Imagine trying to do serpent, tillers, anglers, GL, klaxxi, shado pan AND August celestials every day. I'm sure many of you are, and I can tell you that having completed tillers and serpent before unlocking shado and celestials was great. Having hit exalted with GL and klaxxi a week and a half later was even better. Now I have all of 15 or 20 min of dailies a day. It's all subjective to how much you want out of the game.

Getting double rep with alts makes the that aspect better, and getting that same bonus rep with older content is not really a fair request because that content is neither relevant nor gated the same way.

Finally, people have complained in the past that tabard grinding instances for rep was neither compelling nor entertaining. the dailies are much more dynamic and fun. Yes, the overcrowding is a serious issue, but if you group with a friend or cross realm zone for them, they can be down right pleasant and under and hr. Repeatedly grinding irrelevant instances gets old very fast, while capping throug challenge modes and raids provides valor and reps can eventually be capped and abandoned.
Reply Quote
11/02/2012 01:09 PMPosted by Crithto
After testing this internally, we felt the "trigger" wasn't obvious enough so we decided to create an item that players can purchase which, when used, grants the user's account with the bonus.

If a "trigger" that activates automatically isn't obvious, wouldn't an item that has to be purchased from a vendor be even less obvious? For example, if a player reaches Revered with a faction, but does not realize that they can now earn a rep bonus for their alts, what about an item that they have to accidentally stumble upon while browsing through a vendor's goods is more obvious than an automatic "toast" that says "You are now Revered with %faction. Reputation gains with this faction have been increased for all characters on this account."?

I can see players missing out on the bonus rep because they didn't know, or just plain forgot, to purchase that item.
Reply Quote
When I heard about this I was under the impression it would be for all reps. That's kind of disappointing that it's only for MoP. It would be great if you could change it for all of them. :/
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
As a matter of fact, now seems like a good time to follow-up with everyone with the latest information.

There's an item you can buy with a character that has reached (Revered, I think?) that will increase all reputation gains with your characters for the MoP factions, one for each faction.

Very dissappointed to learn that this is now being restricted to MoP factions. I only went to friendly with Bloodsail buccaneers, but went all the way to exalted with all the goblins, I was hoping this would make getting BSB back up to honored (from completely hated), or getting the goblin rep back slightly reasonable.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Mage
Valuable? You're joking right.

The title isn't even account wide.

I really don't care that you have all of yours, good job bro.

I got realm first ambassador, maybe I should just think that the 30+ day of grinding should exist for all characters too? Get a grip.

Grats on being human
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
Double a pittance is still a pittance. You'll still have to do the same miserable dailies of suck on your alts.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
11/02/2012 02:35 PMPosted by Kataclyzmik
finding myself with nothing else to do.

level a second prof

level fishing, first aid, archaeology

finish exploring the world

do some loremastering

complete more older reptutations

partake in pet bettles

do some random battleground

and im sure theres more. but im just looking at your achievements that arent complete yet

I appreciate your input, you're not the first person to list off all the things you can 'do' in WoW however. This character is ONE of my 4 90s. I have quite a bit of things complete on my other characters and doing them all over and over again is... well it isn't progression it is "filling the void" until dailies unlock.

There are many things to do in WoW, as I had said earlier - there is no denying that - but my main characters progression is severely gated and no other option in the game exists to progress.

As per your examples for instance;

-I have mastered Archealogy.
-I have exalted loremaster.
-I have max fishing on 5 characters.
-I have maxed 9 primary professions on other characters. (excluding those which require exalted status with August Celestial)
-I do not care for PvP at all.
-I do not find enjoyment with Pet Battles.
-I am exalted with the reputations I already choose to be exalted with.
-I am not interested in achievements or soloing older content for mounts.

As you can see, I do not find these options to be something I wish to do with my primary game time. When I have nothing much else to do because I have exhausted myself from my character progression that is when I turn to these. As of now however, my progression is being forced into stagnation as I must wait days for things to unlock and become available, only to spend a short amount of time doing them and gaining very very little from it, if anything at all.

I don't mind doing the rep grinds, I don't mind gating - but I do mind my playtime for progression being restricted to an hour a day because I choose not to run the same daily quests 4 times a day on each character only to finish and find myself right back where I started.

All in all it is what it is, and they will make improvements over time and that is great, but as of RIGHT NOW as a player, I am very bored with what there is on the table - simply because the game is telling me "I am done for the day" when I don't feel I am.

I have other games I can play that do not restrict my time and do not charge me 15.00 a month to do so. So as I said, I will most likely let this sub run out and come back in a few months when 5.1 is out, the fishing tournaments are back in, rep grinding will be bit a easier, and there will be more dungeons for me to run.

Until that time, there just doesn't feel like much for me, and since Blizzard listens to their player base, they may take what players are saying here into consideration or not. That is not my call to make. :)
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
How about a rep tabard as well giving us more options to grind rep?

^
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
No one in my guild enjoys doing quests every day in the bulk we have to do them now. It feels like a job. I timed how long it took me to do Tillers, Anglers, AC, Shado-Pan, Klaxxi, and GL on Wednesday at off peak hours. Total time start to finish, 3 hours 10 minutes.

Just give us tabards and let us decide if we want to grind out rep by questing or doing dungeons. I don't understand how you people at Blizzard think dailies are fun?
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Reaching Revered with any particular faction on Pandaria would have triggered double reputation for all characters on the Battle.net account with that same faction. After testing this internally, we felt the "trigger" wasn't obvious enough so we decided to create an item that players can purchase which, when used, grants the user's account with the bonus..

Now just do the same thing for leveling please.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Will this work Cross Faction and Cross Server?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
I hope its more than double. Cause I'm about to hit exalted with Golden Lotus tomorrow, and I've been doing these dailies ever since MoP even released.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
11/02/2012 01:20 PMPosted by Motav

no

We like them the way they are, nearly impossible to get. That makes them valuable.

No. It makes you feel special. They're not impressive at all. If you've been playing even somewhat casually on the same character since vanilla, you have them.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]