Double Rep for second level 90

90 Blood Elf Paladin

The changes to reputation gains are intended for Patch 5.1, but please do keep in mind that the patch is still in development. If there are any further changes, we'll let you know.

So, maybe that is a month off ?

If we want to access (edit) equipment that will be aided by rep items in the next couple weeks we need to take the slow way with our alts.

I guess that is clear now.

I suppose it may be difficult to implement technically.

It does mean that for a person with two "mains" they're trying to do all this content with before the patch, that the help will only be good for our 3rd and 4th alts maybe....but the items we'll be able to buy that are 489 might not be much and advantage then if new heroics are dropping the same after the patch.
Edited by Touchyone on 11/2/2012 4:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
11/02/2012 01:59 PMPosted by Madmartigan
But if you had a rep tabard, you'd run those dungeons over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and be totally okay with it?

I personally would. Why? Because my wife and my 3 friends have fun running dungeons over and over to see how good we do, and to get to know how we all play together for raids later on. It also helps us learn our class better and overall, its 1000000x more fun then running stupid dailies.

And if the rep gain from tabards capped at the maximum amount you could get from dailies each day?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Little red flag goin' up.

Whats the bet this rep boost item is gonna be like 2 - 3k per faction?
Edited by Draekodas on 11/2/2012 6:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Priest
As a matter of fact, now seems like a good time to follow-up with everyone with the latest information.

There's an item you can buy with a character that has reached (Revered, I think?) that will increase all reputation gains with your characters for the MoP factions, one for each faction.

Thank you for noting this, Malmström. In my original message, reaching Revered with any particular faction on Pandaria would have triggered double reputation for all characters on the Battle.net account with that same faction. After testing this internally, we felt the "trigger" wasn't obvious enough so we decided to create an item that players can purchase which, when used, grants the user's account with the bonus.

The changes to reputation gains are intended for Patch 5.1, but please do keep in mind that the patch is still in development. If there are any further changes, we'll let you know.

I love this is is something that will have to be purchased, instead of just being a reward to to offset the poorly designed rep system.

5,000 gold to buy a 50% decrease to the amount of time I have to spend on dailies if I want to play a toon in endgame content?

Doesn't solve the problem, nor is it an incentive to continue playing the game right now when the patch is weeks away.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
It's not going to stop here btw
Reply Quote
63 Night Elf Monk
Yeah, I mean... I like this and I think it's great that they're doing it. But there is still no way on green Azeroth that I'm doing the daily grind again. I'm already sick to death of it on my main. Usually I like to keep 1 DPS geared up for LFR and dungeons, but no. Not the way it is currently.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Mage
11/02/2012 10:11 PMPosted by Ostoppbara
How about you just give us exalted for doing nothing? I don't understand was is so hard about having to work for something. Not everything in life is handed to you. You would learn that if you acutally left your parents basement.

Have you done the dailies, for weeks already on another toon? cause surely you wouldn't be talking crap like this if this is your main and you are not even friendly with golden lotus....
Reply Quote
100 Undead Mage
I'm not sure what the hype is...still going to be almost 3 weeks of grinding the same quests everyone is doing, or just finished doing on their mains, not to mention the time just to open shadow-pan and celestials, again.

Here's to looking forward to killing a few hundred mobs, burning the same cannons 50 + times, stopping the same ritual 20 times, and saving the dummy who keeps getting caged 30 times again. Fun stuff for sure.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
11/02/2012 01:09 PMPosted by Crithto
After testing this internally, we felt the "trigger" wasn't obvious enough so we decided to create an item that players can purchase which, when used, grants the user's account with the bonus.

Now that achievements are account-wide, wouldn't it make more sense to use an achievement as the trigger? Revered with faction X; reward: 100% reputation gain bonus for all characters with faction X. No messy items needed and it's easy to check your achievements for whether you are currently eligable for the reward or not.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Purchased in game?

Or is something we have to buy from the blizzard store?
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Hunter
Now to wonder how much these items even are. I don't really believe putting in an item is supposed to make it more obvious than just an automatic trigger. As Kaymac has mentioned if it's a vendor item people probably will not know it exists or just forgets to buy it once they hit revered with their mains. I don't see that as something obvious, especially for people that don't keep track of things like this. I'm beginning to think this is just another gold sink and these items will actually be very expensive, especially since they seem to be account wide.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
let me guess. This purchaseable item will cost 100k gold or 4000 vp or something ridiculous like that.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
As a matter of fact, now seems like a good time to follow-up with everyone with the latest information.

There's an item you can buy with a character that has reached (Revered, I think?) that will increase all reputation gains with your characters for the MoP factions, one for each faction.

Thank you for noting this, Malmström. In my original message, reaching Revered with any particular faction on Pandaria would have triggered double reputation for all characters on the Battle.net account with that same faction. After testing this internally, we felt the "trigger" wasn't obvious enough so we decided to create an item that players can purchase which, when used, grants the user's account with the bonus.

You know.. If you guys can pull this off with the item triggering the bonus, why can't you scrap the heirloom nonsense and sell us tokens in the same way that grants the exp bonuses to said flagged account as well if this is such an easy solution?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
11/02/2012 01:33 PMPosted by Superhefer
Still a very crappy change imo. Remove the rep requirements for vp gear once one toon has reached revered. Then everyone will thank you. Asking for the recipes would be to much. You're still forcing people to grind out dailies.

I like this solution. I can't stand doing dailies anymore. I've yet to even get 90 lesser coins on this toon because I'm so sick of them from my main. I do think they got a lot right with this expansion but I don't think they thought enough about the daily/VP gear/Rep grind.

I only get a few hours a day to play and those dailies eat up a huge chunk. Raid nights mean no dailies. Other nights recently I just can't even bring myself to do it. Basically my WoW time was raiding and dailies until I finally got sick of it and said enough. Haven't done much beyond tillers this week and I'm not thrilled knowing I'm gimping my raiding toons and our raid teams. It's not a good feeling but I knew if I didn't do something else I was going to drive myself right out of playing the game at all.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]