Double Rep for second level 90

90 Night Elf Druid
How about you do that for every other rep in the game.

Specifically WSG and AB reps.

or just simply make the highest rep account wide, id be happy with that(besides additive). my druid is a bit into revered and now i have to grind the rest of the wsg on my druid instead of being able to just do it on my paladin (which i wanted to make my main in mop).

Just out of curiosity...

Those who are saying they want more options for rep grinding, such as tabards: would you be happy with such a tabard if it had been designed to give no more or less rep per day than the dailies?

So like, a tabard for the August Celestials would allow you to get 1,000 rep per day (before modifiers).

yes i would be OK with that
Edited by Teradan on 11/4/2012 1:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Mage
Too much rep grinding in this expansion, just insanely painful and monotonous. Adding rep requirements to mounts so we cannot enjoy them on other characters is salt on the wound.

I know this new change is supposed to lighten the "grindy" feel but having to add this "fix" just proves you have a severely flawed system in place. Dailies/rep need to be seriously looked at...more so than this bandaid approach.

Just too much ties to dailies (and even rep), coins, valor, items, professions recipes, mounts, and now legendary items. I just don't feel this is a good approach. If rep must stay I think it should be account wide...heck double or triple the amount of rep required for all I care but at least pool it to the account.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
As a matter of fact, now seems like a good time to follow-up with everyone with the latest information.

There's an item you can buy with a character that has reached (Revered, I think?) that will increase all reputation gains with your characters for the MoP factions, one for each faction.

Thank you for noting this, Malmström. In my original message, reaching Revered with any particular faction on Pandaria would have triggered double reputation for all characters on the Battle.net account with that same faction. After testing this internally, we felt the "trigger" wasn't obvious enough so we decided to create an item that players can purchase which, when used, grants the user's account with the bonus.

The changes to reputation gains are intended for Patch 5.1, but please do keep in mind that the patch is still in development. If there are any further changes, we'll let you know.

Why make and item, just adjust a current one. Tabard for new factions are only available after you get to exalted, so make them BoA and Rep tabards. This give bonus for which ever alts a player wants and is nothing more then applying code that is already in place
Reply Quote
16 Troll Druid
Try again, this doesn't address the issue of HOW reputation is gained, which is dailies, which I am not going to do on my alts.

I didn't start playing WoW nor keep an active sub to do dailies quests over and over.

If this is the best you all have to offer, and represents your best attempt to provide fun and challenging content for my subscription, then you have failed hard.

Might do like some of the other posters and just let the sub lapse until you get back to delivering content I enjoy.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
How about you do that for every other rep in the game.

AGREED.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
As a matter of fact, now seems like a good time to follow-up with everyone with the latest information.

... In my original message, reaching Revered with any particular faction on Pandaria would have triggered double reputation for all characters on the Battle.net account with that same faction. After testing this internally, we felt the "trigger" wasn't obvious enough so we decided to create an item that players can purchase which, when used, grants the user's account with the bonus.

The changes to reputation gains are intended for Patch 5.1, but please do keep in mind that the patch is still in development. If there are any further changes, we'll let you know.

Um... how about a screen flash? Some non-point achievement? A loading screen message? A comment in the chat log?

All of these are pretty obvious. Why are you making this a junk purchase? Just put it in the game! The information will be dis-emanated very quickly even if you stealth-fixed it in.... everyone would know in about 2 hours.

Making this a purchase, unless it's like 1g, is just an insult.
Reply Quote
92 Gnome Warlock

There's an item you can buy with a character that has reached (Revered, I think?) that will increase all reputation gains with your characters for the MoP factions, one for each faction.

Thank you for noting this, Malmström. In my original message, reaching Revered with any particular faction on Pandaria would have triggered double reputation for all characters on the Battle.net account with that same faction. After testing this internally, we felt the "trigger" wasn't obvious enough so we decided to create an item that players can purchase which, when used, grants the user's account with the bonus.

So instead of it being an account wide boost to any rep driven faction that you've grinded out in times past, as planned, it's now going to be a server and faction specific item because there wasn't enough flair to the original plan?

Words utterly fail me to describe just how disappointed I am that "pizzaz" or "flash" are taking precedent over functionality. Again.
Reply Quote
BOA.....dont you mean BOR(Bound on Realm)?
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Priest
Rep grinding is awful. Needing rep to use valor is also awful. And needing to do dailies to earn both rep and valor at a "reasonable" pace is also awful. Not enjoyable in the slightest(especially on a high pop server like Stormrage). Without a doubt the worst thing about MoP.

Bring back Cata's valor system.
Reply Quote
40 Gnome Rogue
So instead of giving us something for free to help our alts gain rep faster you are going to force those of us that want this feature to BUY an item that grants the bonus rep.

Ummm..yeah. You figure that players will pay for anything and everything don't you? Even if it just costs in-game gold it's still a stupid decision on your part.

If you do end up keeping that in place, I'll just grind rep the slow way on my alts. I've already paid enough in game gold for mounts on alts before MoP made them account wide, paid 3k for the old Dual Talent Specialization on 3 toons before the change, then paid 200 on 2 more before it was changed to 10g with NO NOTICE.

Seriously, just give us this feature that doesn't cost a damn thing!
Reply Quote
92 Gnome Warlock
Bring back BC's valor system.

Minor tweak to show just how long the non-rep based version has been around and working just fine.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman

I still don't get the idea of just cutting revered -> exalted before you even get exalted, why doesn't the item require exalted?

Because no one wants to have to get to Exalted just so they can get alts to revered faster. Making the grind to exalted quicker is an excellent change, I don't care if it makes it faster than the grind to revered the first time, that was a pain in the butt enough to do as it was.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
Please put dungeon tabards back in the game. I have nothing against rep grinds, but forcing us to do dailies on our alts just hurts. It feels like a second job, rather than enjoying PVE by doing dungeons and gaining rep that way. Wouldn't it be possible to just cap the amount of rep gained for a faction in one day, if rep grinds for alts still need to be gated? Hell, even if you just assign a faction to a certain dungeon like it was in BC is fine. Anything that gives us a choice at how to gain rep.
Edited by Kapetyme on 11/4/2012 6:18 PM PST
Reply Quote
97 Night Elf Hunter
11/02/2012 12:12 PMPosted by Crithto
You can read about the upcoming changes to reputation gains [url="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6794350230"]here[/url]. =)

Untill you give us more than --- it --- for an option " what option ? " you wont get another dime of my money.

Dailies as the - onnly - form of rep, are complete and uter BS. Give us tabards, rep for mob kills, or dungeons. There is no "option" for rep. Do dailies, or do without ...

Personaly, I have 5 days left on my account. My CC info will NOT, be relisted. I "may" at my guilds request, buy a gamecard ... that peer pressure, actualy, comes from my kids, as it's one of the ways we keep in contact, as my daughter is a navy wife, and her hubby plays when not deployed.

Give us "options" not " IT". I vote with $$$, and Blizz is not getting my "vote" at this time.

Edit -- after reading more , and seeing i'm not totaly alone, I remebered this ....

I'm not even going to try to find it, but, a blue post stated .... We are making mounts,pets, achievment - account wide - so you won't feel obligated to play the "one" toon, that has all of these "perks".

What a contradiction. Still can't use the alt, unless I do the grind ........
Edited by Bookert on 11/4/2012 6:43 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
Why not just make reputations and achievements account wide? This way they wouldn't have to be earned on each character and wouldn't be as clunky as the current system.

"BUT DRICK WHAT ABOUT REP ITEMS!?!?!? YOU CAN'T HAVE A LEVEL 12 WITH A 90 EPIC WEAPON!!!!"
"Level and faction restrictions."

just my 2 cents.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock

If it's a tabard, can we please get an option to hide our tabards finally? It sounds like i'll be wearing that tabard throughout the entire expansion and thus will probably get sick of seeing it.
Reply Quote
92 Gnome Warlock
Man, the amount of laziness and entitlement issues in this thread is too damn high.

Give them a hand, they ask for the entire arm.

Having them go "We told we were going to help make rep better for you after your first grind through, but we decided to limit it to a server bound gold sink" isn't complaining over laziness or entitlement purposes. It's complaining about them moving from a more functional and fluid system to one that is clunky and does nothing for off-server characters.

Poor design choices are a perfectly valid thing to complain about, especially when they move from good design (functional, addresses the issue without complications) to one that has significant flaws evident before they even release it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
11/02/2012 01:11 PMPosted by Vex

Once I finish those once I doubt I'll ever do those again, even if there were double gains.
Edited by Zarcistiri on 11/4/2012 9:52 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Orc Death Knight

So instead of it being an account wide boost to any rep driven faction that you've grinded out in times past, as planned, it's now going to be a server and faction specific item because there wasn't enough flair to the original plan?

Words utterly fail me to describe just how disappointed I am that "pizzaz" or "flash" are taking precedent over functionality. Again.

I don't see where he mentioned it being faction and server specific. What I'm reading suggests you buy a 'potion' once you're revered, you use the 'potion' on one character, and it unlocks a hidden buff for every character on your account, much like learning a Nether Drake mount by right-clicking the item in one character's bag now unlocks it for all characters regardless of faction or realm.

If I'm missing something, though, please let me know. I don't want to go into the next patch having missed some clarification post I've not yet seen.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]