Double Rep for second level 90

90 Draenei Monk
11/04/2012 03:10 PMPosted by Bomdanil
So instead of it being an account wide boost to any rep driven faction that you've grinded out in times past, as planned, it's now going to be a server and faction specific item because there wasn't enough flair to the original plan?

No, you buy the item and use it and it tells you your account rep is now doubled.

You really thought it'd be like the cold weather flying book?

It's not yet.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Welcome to the new gold sink. You don't want to have to do so many dailies? Pay for the privilege to avoid them.

I don't think this has anything to do with pizazz. I think it has to do with them wanting a better way to track how many players care about dailies or the rep grind.

Those who care buy.

Those who don't, don't..
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Personaly I think that all reps should become account wide at exalted. That way reps still have there inital grind (so blizzard can controll progress)but people with alts don't have to spend the extra time doing it all over again. Give us a achevement stile popup when it hapens if you want pizazz.

Also the 2x rep token idea isn't a bad idea as long as it cost less then a daily to buy one,(ie 10-20g, 1-2 lesser charms, 5vp) otherwise it is just another FU to people with alts. ( or multi-mains like some people I know :} )
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
As a matter of fact, now seems like a good time to follow-up with everyone with the latest information.

There's an item you can buy with a character that has reached (Revered, I think?) that will increase all reputation gains with your characters for the MoP factions, one for each faction.

Thank you for noting this, Malmström. In my original message, reaching Revered with any particular faction on Pandaria would have triggered double reputation for all characters on the Battle.net account with that same faction. After testing this internally, we felt the "trigger" wasn't obvious enough so we decided to create an item that players can purchase which, when used, grants the user's account with the bonus.

The changes to reputation gains are intended for Patch 5.1, but please do keep in mind that the patch is still in development. If there are any further changes, we'll let you know.

This change to reps is useless to me... and I probably others like myself who have many max level alts.

Getting double rep from dailies does not address the fact that I'd still have to do dailies on my alts to get any rep.

It was soul crushing enough getting rep on my main doing dailies. I can't stomach doing them on alts as well. Which leaves me with little desire to play my alts since I cant do what I want to do with them. Thus I have less reason to play the game.

Until I have an alternative means of gaining rep on my alts that doesn't require doing dailies my enjoyment of the game is lessened. I'm already just logging on to do my dailies on my main and logging off for the day and I have only one faction left to exalt which will be done is 2 days. I have no desire to go thru that daily jamboree again on other characters, especially those that I have little skill with in dps spec and who find doing many dailies quite slow and painful.

Please consider making the exalted tabards BoA and grant rep in dungeons. I am robbed of my enjoyment of the game by my alts advancement being hamstrung due to the reps being tied to dailies. I understand dailies are optional and that rep gear is optional and that rep profession recipes are optional. I am simply saying I want what the reps have to offer for my alts and I don't want to do dailies to get it. Find another way to make that happen because otherwise once my main is where I want her to be I have little reason to keep playing. I have no problem putting in effort and time and earning what I want. I do however have a problem with dailies being the only avenue available to do so.
Edited by Kyriani on 11/5/2012 9:15 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
How about an option to buy consumable rep buff items that give us some fancy spell effect mist/aura, based on the faction or vendor you buy it from, and any rep we choose to grind is given a bonus.

(e.g. There could be Battleground trophies for BG rep, Guardian Spirit totems for general leveling/dungeons/etc.)

The aura should persist through death to help those in battlegrounds/dungeons.

If you grind Faction A to exalted on one character, your alt isn't likely to grind Faction A for some time.. or start with Faction B to change things up. If the system only gives you a bonus once you've ground each up to a level to obtain the item. That is going to feel really clunky and not give the player choice to rep where they feel like. They'll feel forced to rep those factions with bonuses rather than something new.

Under this system: you could rep to revered with faction X and gain access to their (BOA?) rep bonus items. At that point you would be able to get bonus rep with action faction on any character you choose. You would get access to the other rep bonus items with different spell effects once you get to Revered with them. (A collect the neat new cosmetic spell/aura effects sort of thing)

* You could also add a 6k item at exalted that makes that specific faction reputation account-wide. Players would have the costly way or the grindy way.
Edited by Opheron on 11/5/2012 9:57 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
As a matter of fact, now seems like a good time to follow-up with everyone with the latest information.

There's an item you can buy with a character that has reached (Revered, I think?) that will increase all reputation gains with your characters for the MoP factions, one for each faction.

Thank you for noting this, Malmström. In my original message, reaching Revered with any particular faction on Pandaria would have triggered double reputation for all characters on the Battle.net account with that same faction. After testing this internally, we felt the "trigger" wasn't obvious enough so we decided to create an item that players can purchase which, when used, grants the user's account with the bonus.

The changes to reputation gains are intended for Patch 5.1, but please do keep in mind that the patch is still in development. If there are any further changes, we'll let you know.

This is only covers Mists factions in 5.1.
Which older factions will be added in yet another patch?
Edited by Weekender on 11/5/2012 9:47 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warrior
Does it stack? with it be 4 times as much on a third alt or 8 as much on a 4th alt or is just double from then on?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight

I hope the item isn't too expensive. If you want it to be very obvious, why not send the item automatically through the in-game mail system when players unlock it?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Valuable? You're joking right.

The title isn't even account wide.

I really don't care that you have all of yours, good job bro.

I got realm first ambassador, maybe I should just think that the 30+ day of grinding should exist for all characters too? Get a grip.

No one made you get realm first ambassador. That was YOUR choice. So before tooting your own horn you may want to consider that others will not play 24 hours a day for a month.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Why oh why does Blizzard have to re-invent the wheel every time there is a new expansion? Every time the excuse is "We didn't like the way it worked before" but if that is the excuse everytime, then that means you (blizzard) did not like anything you ever did before. Meaning you have no idea what you are doing. You are changing stuff blindly and not even bothering to listen to your customers. So, next expansion that comes out, you gonna change Reps again because adding the rep tokens was a bad idea? You gonna dumb down the skill tree even more so it takes less brains to click a few buttons? You gonna totally change out all the class mechanics again because that is the only way you know to make the game "new & exciting"? Because we all know that is stuff everyone was asking for.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Can we get triple rep for the third ninety and so on? =)
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
11/02/2012 02:15 PMPosted by Torvald
But if you had a rep tabard, you'd run those dungeons over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and be totally okay with it?

People get tired of repetition in general. That said, the more engaging the content, or the more socialization it engenders, or the more challenge it presents, the longer it can typically go before players feel like they're engaged in nothing but a mind-numbing time sink. Some things never quite make it to the realm of being viewed by players as nothing but a time-sink, because the challenging and engaging nature of the content remains strong even after it's been defeated once.

The tendency to be disliked for repetition tends to match the game's standard difficulty structure, which going from least difficult to most difficult is:

Solo -> Normal Dungeon -> Heroic Dungeon -> LFR Raid - Normal Raid - Hard Mode Raid.

That leaves out Challenge Mode Dungeons, which are relatively new, and Scenarios; it also doesn't take into account the different raid sizes for 10 and 25, but overall that's the normal view of things.

Solo content requires the least tactically, it has no challenge, doesn't call upon people to master their class, doesn't involve socialization. The only thing that really aids solo content in the game is when it's intertwined with progressing the lore and pushing you to explore new areas and see new things. And that's the players general experience with solo content as they level up, and even when they get to the level cap if they decide they want to finish the stories of the various zones.

But "Dailies" lose those advantages the second time you do the same quest and beyond. A "daily" quest gives no new lore the second time, no new exploration. Without those things, it has nothing to counter the general problems of solo content in lacking challenge or socialization.

So, people might not enjoy running the same dungeons over and over and over again indefinitely, but they certainly have more staying power than dailies in terms of not severely annoying players. That main thing that got on player's nerves in Cataclysm wasn't that there wasn't enough dailies or that dungeons were rewarding too much - it was just that Blizzard was being notoriously slow in coming out with new endgame content. People complaining about how new raids were taking too long to come out were not upset about the fact that dailies weren't being pushed enough.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Mage

After testing this internally, we felt the "trigger" wasn't obvious enough so we decided to create an item that players can purchase which, when used, grants the user's account with the bonus.

the 'When used' part... do you mean something that is 'used' like a one time use 'drink this magic potion and POOF you gain double rep on your alts!' or do you mean an item we have to carry in our bags ... which... would be the same as a guild reputation tabard... except probably not worn due to how it could confuse people with the OLD rep tabards.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
Works for me as I personally hate running dungeons, however I do agree that there should be another option for the people that prefer dungeon running
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Thats cool but i rather have less xp needed to lvl for my alts one char alone was a pain you had to grind chains to even have any movement on your xp bar and add lvl 90 heirlooms please!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

I take this as "Rather than have a fun little message or RP, we thought a gold sink would be more 'fun'."
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
90 Human Priest
11/02/2012 01:09 PMPosted by Crithto

This isn't meant in a condescending way, but why couldn't you just pop up an achievement once the player hits revered that shows "hey, you're getting bonus reputation for this faction for all characters on the account!"? That sure beats the crap out of the player having to figure out that they need to use an item to unlock the same thing.

Remember K.I.S.S.? It's your friend here. ;)

Reply Quote
28 Pandaren Monk
Now that achievements are account-wide, wouldn't it make more sense to use an achievement as the trigger? Revered with faction X; reward: 100% reputation gain bonus for all characters with faction X. No messy items needed and it's easy to check your achievements for whether you are currently eligable for the reward or not.

This, please!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]