Mog gear sets for teams

90 Gnome Priest
Stray random idea and wanted to see what you guys think before I suggest in the general forums.

A lot of players tend to do activities with the same set of players on a regular basis. What if there were vanity mog gear sets available via something like Darkmoon Faire, or even just a normal vendor to be used as a gold sink if they didn't want to add the items to the crafting professions.

Each armor type would have the same 3-4 model sets to choose from with a variety of colors. Groups could then choose matching pieces without worrying about the armor types for the classes in their groups. They could match by color or model. They could mix and match wild outlandish combinations. But the important part would be the entire group could be wearing essentially the same thing for a sense of team unity and pride.

And of course individual players could still pick up the items they like for their own transmog sets.

Weapons wouldn't be included unless Blizzard finally adopts the "sure, your 2h sword can look like a polearm instead" transmog that so many players want. It never hurts to have a little originality in a set.

There are a lot of old Vanilla models that were shared between armor types so that's nothing new or radical for the game.

What do you think? Would enough players enjoy a feature like that? I know the game is starting to play more and more like something intended for single player but I do know groups that still hang out together and for them, it might be fun.

It would also be a way to create guild uniforms for those guilds interested that some players have asked about in the past.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I think that's a pretty cool idea. Maybe not like models, but just same color schemes for arena teams or challenge mode crews.

Weapons wouldn't be included unless Blizzard finally adopts the "sure, your 2h sword can look like a polearm instead" transmog that so many players want. It never hurts to have a little originality in a set.

Honestly hope this never happens.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Sounds cool in my opinion.
Reply Quote
66 Blood Elf Death Knight
I like the idea, especially if they were to make a sort of generic model for each type of armor (cloth/leather/mail/plate) and then allowed color settings to match your arena banner/guild tabard. That would be awesome.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I think blizzard should adopt some form of a -generic- tier of armor.... as in this piece works for any armor type, cloth, leather, mail, and plate..... Like the Headpiece from the shado-pan.

as Grimms said, Color options would be great. I mean, one -can- find many pieces that have the various recolors... but it is frankly a pain to try and farm the World BoE pieces, or Recipes, or gosh forbid its a Raid drop... v.v

and where I understand Blizz's opinion on Shoulders, I do still think they should at least offer a "Display Shoulder" option, finding suitable Shoulders for some outfits is a terribly stressful task.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
They need to tone shoulders down a lot. They've just gotten way too bulky over the years. They can still be detailed even if small.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
11/05/2012 09:12 AMPosted by Joynal
They need to tone shoulders down a lot. They've just gotten way too bulky over the years. They can still be detailed even if small.

actually imo vanilla had the largest shoulders
Reply Quote
66 Blood Elf Death Knight
11/05/2012 08:45 AMPosted by Rantipole
and where I understand Blizz's opinion on Shoulders, I do still think they should at least offer a "Display Shoulder" option, finding suitable Shoulders for some outfits is a terribly stressful task.

It's so true. And conversely, I've tried designing outfits around certain shoulders I especially like ( Treacherous Shoulderpads). This, too, can be an incredible pain in the !@#.
Reply Quote
I think it'd be a really cool idea to give arena teams a customizable transmog set (as in, you can choose from a selection of different generic armor sets and choose the colors of the items) and color to represent you in arenas.
I don't know if they'd ever do that much for arenas but it'd definitely make them way more appealing if there were cool team-based rewards like that.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
I like that idea, Joy! Can you post a link to your thread in general forums so I can go support it, please?

thanks!
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Once i create it, will do.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Ok, it's up in the General forum. Let's see what others think.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7004695529#1
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]