Let’s Talk About Brawler’s Guild

A counter point to the "By the time the invites trickle down to those who chose to be poor the queue times will be unbearable", have you considered perhaps by that time, the initial participants will have already achieved max rank, or just grown tired of it? While the number of people with access will increase over time, the number of people participating will diminish simply because they have either beaten the mini-game or don't feel like doing it anymore.
90 Human Priest
Just thought I would add some positive vibes to this thread. I'm really looking forward to going down to the brawlers guild, even if I have to wait a while. The venue location for alliance, in the tram, looks totally awesome!

One question, since it doesnt appear to be instanced, I guess I'll ask: is an invitation required to even set foot in the arena location, or can one go there without being a member?

....silly question maybe...
70 Tauren Shaman
Jesus H guys.... let's all jump down Blizzard's throats for creating something that is probably going to be a pretty cool feature! Let's make up a whole bunch of stuff about how elitist it's going to be and how XX% of players aren't going to get to do it, and how certain players are going to control all the invites! YAY!

OR

We could wait and see what it's like, and trust that if it DOES become an absurdity, that Blizz will do something about it.

Everyone likes to say stupid things like "blizz ignores us" or "blizz doesn't listen to it's players" but anyone with half a brain knows that's not true, and I for one can say pretty confidently that Blizz is not going to have this be the old boys club of WoW.

Now then.

I am genuinely curious as to a couple things - have you (as in Blizzard) considered having 4 or 8 or 12 arena's, surrounded by platforms, similar to say, the tennis courts in the real world for large events? I ask this because if there's only 1 arena, which seems to be the case, it's going to get pretty brutal as time goes on, waiting for your turn. On the other hand, if you had, say, just 4 arenas, the queue would be significantly faster, and those people spectating could just cruise around from fight to fight checking out each one and focusing on the exciting ones.
1 Draenei Shaman
I got an idea. Why don't you make it available with lesser charms of fortune. You know the silver coins we get from doing dailies.
This way you can award the players that are actually active on their realm and contribute to the community by interacting actively with each other.

1 ticket = 1000 silver coins
27 Draenei Shaman

What Brawler’s Guild Is
  • A fun, but small diversion that could grow in time
  • A venue for a realm’s community to come together
  • A unique way to earn some solo PvE bragging rights
  • A cool place to hang out

So, a "Venue for a realm's community to come together" after trying to destroy realm communities with CRZ? seems to be a bit of a 'confused' stance by Blizzard on support for realm communities.
90 Troll Death Knight
I was really looking forward to BG but after reading this to say I am disappointed would be an understatement.

The way this is being implemented it is going to create lot more unneeded elitism.

For the past few years every single time someone at Blizzard has a great idea the developers take it, over think it, limit it and nerf it to the point it is anything but great.
I got an idea. Why don't you make it available with lesser charms of fortune. You know the silver coins we get from doing dailies.
This way you can award the players that are actually active on their realm and contribute to the community by interacting actively with each other.

1 ticket = 1000 silver coins

So you want to make "optional" content that isn't optional (dailies) even less optional?
90 Night Elf Rogue
On one hand, I hate how this will go to the richest players first, then it'll trickle down to the poor players.

On the other hand, massive gold sinks. Which are needed.
1 Draenei Shaman
11/08/2012 01:02 PMPosted by Redlukey
So you want to make "optional" content that isn't optional (dailies) even less optional?

Everything is optional in this game, including the brawlers thingy. What changes with my suggestion is that all players will have an EQUAL chance of getting in.
11/08/2012 01:03 PMPosted by Mèlian

Everything is optional in this game, including the brawlers thingy. What changes with my suggestion is that all players will have an EQUAL chance of getting in.

Gold is equally available to everyone. Even your level 1 shaman here can make gold.

Also if this succeeds as a gold sink, with invites capping on the BMAH, it will make gold itself more valuable, and things like crafting and even gathering more profitable for everyone.
90 Worgen Druid

What makes you think they will not? Give the elitist a way to turn thier noses up to rest of the community and they will jump on it...never seen it any other way have you?

You're kidding right? When was the last time you saw a PVE guild require PVP rank in order to join a raid? Your entire proposition is ridiculous on it's face, and I suspect you didn't put much thought into it.

Kidding never. PVP rank?? have you even read what the Brawlers Guild is?? This is PVE content lol..wow
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Personally, if they want to keep an underground feeling, then that's how the invitations should arrive.

I think it would be neat to have an NPC come up to you, engage you in a clandestine conversation, and hand you the (account bound) invite.

How long it takes for you to get one of these visits could be based on any number of collective milestones that you have achieved on your account. This could include PvE, PvP, dailies, time /played, professions, and so on.

All around, I think this would be the most fair means of early distribution.

Some would have an advantage, sure, but that advantage would be based on playtime and achievement in the game, not money.

I would HOPE that there is a transmog set to be had for doing well in the guild...

My thoughts.

Riôt
90 Draenei Death Knight
Pretty sure the small club feel could be maintained while preventing unbounded queue times. The Brawler's Guild could be built as a BG, taking 10 or 20 people at a time. Have a few possible brawling circles if more than 10 people are in an instance to save space if needed. Assuming 2-3 minute maximum fight times, the longest one would have to wait in a group of 10 is 27 minutes. With two circles, it's only 13.5 minutes. Watching others play allows one to contemplate their own strategy without having to wait too terribly long.

These numbers are also quite flexible, allowing one to easily calibrate wait time without the need to limit invitations.

The Guild probably would have the problem of excessive wait times after a month or two regardless, which the BMAH was used to prevent. If it's supposed to be hard, you can bet large groups of players would accumulate at certain bosses, causing bloated wait times.
90 Troll Warrior

What Brawler’s Guild Is
  • A fun, but small diversion that could grow in time
  • A venue for a realm’s community to come together
  • A unique way to earn some solo PvE bragging rights
  • A cool place to hang out

So, a "Venue for a realm's community to come together" after trying to destroy realm communities with CRZ? seems to be a bit of a 'confused' stance by Blizzard on support for realm communities.

1. CRZ was never intended to "destroy realm communities". That's never been Blizzard's stance.
2. Auto-CRZ isn't in effect in Pandaria, which sees the vast majority of any given realm's activity.

Please reign in the hyperbole.
90 Undead Monk
11/08/2012 01:06 PMPosted by Redlukey

Gold is equally available to everyone. Even your level 1 shaman here can make gold.

Also if this succeeds as a gold sink, with invites capping on the BMAH, it will make gold itself more valuable, and things like crafting and even gathering more profitable for everyone.

This is outright not true. Gold is more available to the people who have gold. If someone needed 100k, it would be much much easier for someone with 20k to reach that amount than someone with 2g.
90 Draenei Hunter
Jesus H guys.... let's all jump down Blizzard's throats for creating something that is probably going to be a pretty cool feature! Let's make up a whole bunch of stuff about how elitist it's going to be and how XX% of players aren't going to get to do it, and how certain players are going to control all the invites! YAY!

OR

We could wait and see what it's like, and trust that if it DOES become an absurdity, that Blizz will do something about it.

Everyone likes to say stupid things like "blizz ignores us" or "blizz doesn't listen to it's players" but anyone with half a brain knows that's not true, and I for one can say pretty confidently that Blizz is not going to have this be the old boys club of WoW.

You must be new around here...
90 Troll Warrior
11/08/2012 01:06 PMPosted by Goldenlotus

just more bots selling gold really people don't get gold capped from crafting

The only people I've known or heard of that have reached the gold cap did so via the Auction House, not botting.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]