Let’s Talk About Brawler’s Guild

90 Human Mage
  • Proving Grounds where you can develop class skills (that’s a different feature arriving later on)
  • [/ul]

That would read that this is going to be mandatory at some point.

Did i ever mentioned that anyone sitting hours at AH making gold do not have a life?

U troll should be knowing that ppl already know ur trolling and they dont give a crap.

Talking about how you know my life? Don't make me laugh dude.

"If you have time to do the Brawler's Guild, you have time to make gold" <= Do you even know how stupid this is? When comparing 2 completely different things over each other? And didn't i tell you i don't prefer sitting at AH like you? Nothing wrong with you sitting there making gold, but nothing wrong with me prefer other activities also.

This is the last time i feed you also, mate.

I see. You're just a selfish !@#$%^ who wants things to be your way and only your way. A gold gate is the fairest gate for everyone. Every single person who plays this game can make gold. It isn't hard, you don't have to sit at the AH for hours, you don't really have to do much of anything.

My point still stands. If you have time to play, to partake in the Brawler's Guild or any other activity in the game, you have time to make the gold to access that activity. Would you prefer a rep gate that takes 10 times longer to get past than a gold gate you can get by in a week? I for one wouldn't. I am tired of artificial gates that you cant get past without spending hours and hours and hours grinding. This is finally something that if I want, I can buy my way in right away.

BTW, your posts are nearly impossible to read, so I too am not feeding your trolling any more.
    90 Night Elf Rogue
    11/08/2012 01:26 PMPosted by Daxxarri
    Thanks for expressing your thoughts clearly and constructively, Nessaja. Just to reiterate: we're still considering the possibility of using alternate methods of distributing invitations.

Personally I feel you should have to kill a rare spawn that can spawn almost anywhere in the land of Pandaria *level 91 or w/e of course as its high level content you don't really want a level 85 sniping it solo even if it were to pop in Jade Forest* He should have litterally a hundred+ spawn points scattered acrossed the world and while you can camp one point you can't camp them all. Someone might find them randomly and take them down thus earning the right *from the npc is question* to participate in the Brawlers Guild. As long as it is challenging to all classes I think this could be a good way to implement it instead of just deciding that everyone should spend gold on something to get into a Fight Club, after all you should have to prove your worth on the streets before the big boys let you play with them.
    Edited by Andrenden on 11/8/2012 2:50 PM PST
    90 Tauren Druid

Can't say any better. And another troll i don't really care to give a crap about that keep going on about this.

This is like saying, stop working in RL, get in the game and spend hours and hours of what? Sitting next to AH and making gold to get the hope that u can actually outbid everyone on a Ticket?

Trolls doesn't care how stupid they sound.

I'm working hard in RL, pay for this game to enjoy it just like everyone else. I don't enjoy sitting AH making gold nor having the time for it. On the other side, they do, good for them. But does that mean I can't play the content i paid for? lol

Plenty of people have jobs and make gold. Don't be so stupid. If you have time to do the Brawler's Guild, you have time to make gold.

I have a job. I DON'T make much wow gold. But I will defend the economic principle of rewards going to people who work for them. You know what? I'm probably not going to be able to afford an invitation for months. But those people who have the time to make a zillion gold in game deserve to buy better things, in game.

IRL I work hard, I work smart, I make money, I buy nice things. Wouldn't you be absolutely pissed if other people just got those things for free? Without working as hard as you?

And once again, just because this is a "game", doesn't mean it should be any different.
    86 Human Warlock
    I'm extremely disappointed. It is clear to me that one of the main goals Blizzard has this expansion is to find different ways to artificially increase the longevity of its content. That, in itself, wouldn't be such a terrible thing, as long as it didn't make players actually feel restricted, as if options are being taken away from them only to to be given back later, for no good reason.

Artificial gates like the staggered release of raids make a lot of sense. Content will come later, for everyone, once everyone is geared enough for it. But this - forcing players to either spend huge amounts of money or wait until invites are common enough that they stumble upon one, when the content is already done and working and they would be perfectly capable of running it if they were allowed to - is, frankly, quite infuriating.
    90 Goblin Warlock
    Thanks for spending so much time on content that most people won't be able to see for a long time.

Can we please spend some time implementing flying in Silvermoon now. People won't have to break their banks to enjoy that.
    90 Gnome Rogue
    Im scared that after the first few invitations are bought out by the rich, they will just sell invitations in trade just like anything else >.<
    90 Worgen Hunter
    11/08/2012 02:37 PMPosted by Xandimon
    Is there a time limit on the fights? If not, I can see someone griefing everyone in the queue behind him by purposely keeping their match going for hours.

To add to this, if there are say 100 players watching you fight, what's to stop them from griefing the "Brawler" by AOE'ing constantly outside the arena? Think Galleon....
    90 Night Elf Hunter
    BRB buying gold so I can participate in content.

Blizzard you are seriously overlooking the fallout from this one.
    90 Blood Elf Paladin
    The concept was so good.

I just don't get the execution at all.

Invites are dumb.
    Non-instanced is dumber.

Who thought this was okay? I thought we DIDN'T want people sitting alt tabbed in Org/SW anymore?
    90 Draenei Shaman
    11/08/2012 12:01 PMPosted by Kraken
    Wait, I've got it. Free invite to everyone with the Glorious achievement. I'd say those of us who have it have proven to be more than a little interested in solo PvE content. Given the imbalance on some realms such that one faction could buy all of the invitations, this would still keep the initial wave of players quite small while better dispersing invites.

Though I'm not down with it being tied to GL, I like the idea of earning an invite somehow. A difficult quest chain would still gate the content.

The money thing sends the wrong message, I think. Has anyone seen any positive feedback on using the BMAH for the BG?

Anyway, I'm sure that all of us that are interested will end up in BG at some point. Problem is: by the time I get in, will it still be relavent?
    90 Undead Warlock
    Brawler's guild sounds like the alternative to dueling outside Org/Stormwind for PvE carebears too scared of PvP but otherwise want the thrill of winning duels.
    90 Night Elf Hunter
    [quote]
    I see. You're just a selfish !@#$%^ who wants things to be your way and only your way. A gold gate is the fairest gate for everyone. Every single person who plays this game can make gold. It isn't hard, you don't have to sit at the AH for hours, you don't really have to do much of anything.

My point still stands. If you have time to play, to partake in the Brawler's Guild or any other activity in the game, you have time to make the gold to access that activity. Would you prefer a rep gate that takes 10 times longer to get past than a gold gate you can get by in a week? I for one wouldn't. I am tired of artificial gates that you cant get past without spending hours and hours and hours grinding. This is finally something that if I want, I can buy my way in right away.

BTW, your posts are nearly impossible to read, so I too am not feeding your trolling any more.

Still sounds like the most stupid Troll on earth to me, and I too doubt ur ability to read anyway.

Fixed gold gate is fair. Auction gold gate isn't fair idiot.

This is content to be consider, not just a single flying skill.

Like any1 that just hit Lv90 at the day it came out or a week before have enough money to outbid the other that play long enough to have a good chunks of gold? Does that fair, they still pay for the game, why can't they play it like others? And please do care that others enjoy other stuff rather than making gold like u.

Making gold is not wrong, you are also not wrong, so do others. So letting rich players affect the chance of any individual that don't have enough gold to see a content they already paid for is plain wrong.

Talk about selfish. Just need to shut ur mouth really.
    90 Blood Elf Hunter
    I work full time during the week, and my only play time is a few hours in the evening to do my dailies and whatever short-term tasks I can fit in before having to pass out to be up in time for work in the morning.

I am also an avid PvE player. I do not think of myself as anywhere near a high tier player, so bragging rights outside of progression appeal to me, and I have definitely been looking forward to the Brawler's Guild being implemented in 5.1.

THAT SAID - I am not going to make a fuss about having to make gold to get in. I am perfectly fine with it, because with this announcement about how they're gating it, I have a HUGE heads-up and plenty of time to make some in preparation for the invites going on the BMAH. Worse comes to worse, I can try and help fund a guildie so that the whole guild can eventually get characters in the Brawler's Guild.
    90 Night Elf Hunter
    My favorite part about all this is the OVERWHELMING player negativity twards the way the invites are being handled. Blizzard, customer feedback is key. At least with CRZs and MMR resets there was at least a decent amount of support for the opposite side of the argument. In this case there is hardly any support for the way you have it currently set up (which is sadly, a joke). Listen to your player base on this one PLEASE.
    49 Pandaren Monk
    The concept was so good.

I just don't get the execution at all.

Invites are dumb.
    Non-instanced is dumber.

Who thought this was okay? I thought we DIDN'T want people sitting alt tabbed in Org/SW anymore?

100% agreed
    This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]