Let’s Talk About Brawler’s Guild

90 Draenei Hunter
And what is to stop the auction house monarchs from purchasing them everyday? And I will thanks >.<
11 Dwarf Shaman
11/08/2012 11:04 AMPosted by Wookiara
Unfortunately, this particular implementation is so completely backwards, that I have lost ALL of that excitement and it has instead become another check-mark in the list of reasons why I will not be adding any more game time to this account once my current card runs down. There is nothing (at all, in the least, period, I can't express this enough) fun about the concept of either waiting another 6 months for the prices to finally come down, or begging and bowing and scraping to the top guilds or AH barons on the server just for an invite. Not. Fun At. All. It's just *NOT* worth it.

Plus - let's not forget that, by the time most of us 99%ers get into the Brawler's Guild, it'll be so overrun with people that battle queue times are going to be astronomical.
90 Human Death Knight
Last I've heard these are non-instanced fights you engage in an arena that other players can watch you. The first few players who manage to gain (buy) an invite to the brawler's guild are going to have very short waiting times between their fights. Fast forward a month, perhaps more, what is the average player waiting time? 20 minutes? Several hours? Am I waiting in queue just to find out that if I get unlucky on a fight I have to wait my turn again should I fail?

I think a lot about the brawler's guild still needs to be answered. From what I've seen from the community, there's still plenty of concern for a feature that already looms over us and could be implemented soon.

This whole event could potentially have catastrophic results.
90 Undead Rogue
And what is to stop the auction house monarchs from purchasing them everyday? And I will thanks >.<

Sure, it's possible, but why would they? They'd have to camp the BMAH all day everyday (there are 10 posted a day), and they would literally be throwing money away. Auction House "monarchs" have money because they don't blow it on stupid plans.

You cannot re-sell things bought off the BMAH. Even if it is normally BoE, it becomes BoP as soon as you purchase it. They would have to throw away the invites, so they make 0 gold off of doing so.

I imagine a lot of AH people will stay away from this feature, because they do not see the opportunity for profit-making. You get one invite to give away when you hit the Max Rank, that's it. You don't get unlimited invitations to sell, so crowding other people out of the arena doesn't make any sense.
90 Draenei Hunter
I don't know but it sounds like AoA and the like, fastest click wins the right to fight. So expect the jerks to stand as much on the npc as possible so you can't even click him.
90 Blood Elf Mage
You should have lead with these points instead of waiting a few weeks for people to create their own idea of what it was. Throwing a hefty price tag on it at the last minute has angered a lot of people.

Tyler Durden would have been disgusted that it costs anything to join Fight Club...
90 Pandaren Mage
Guarantee it goes like this:

Richest folks on the server buy up all the invites at bid cap.

As soon as they reach the ability to invite new people the trade spam begins:

"WTS Brawlers Guild inv if you have to ask the price you cant afford it."

Shameful..

Yeah, anything where greed and epeen comparing is involved makes me want to shoot myself... wait... I do play World of Warcraft...
90 Worgen Warlock
World First?
We’ve also decided that attaching a realm first style achievement to the Brawler’s Guild isn’t necessarily the right move. Rest assured that there will be other achievements to earn in the ring though.

We know you’ve got questions, so ask away, and we’ll try to clarify where things are hazy.[/quote]

I'm not fond of having to buy my way in using the BMAH (and I'm not exactly a social butterfly, so I'm unlikely to receive an invite from another person for a while), but I guess I can deal with that restriction.

But I'm glad the realm first achievements are gone. With how limited access this thing is, it wouldn't have felt like a proper race. The wealthiest on the realm would have essentially been buying a headstart in the race, and that definitely does not make for an interesting race.
90 Pandaren Mage
11/08/2012 11:13 AMPosted by Rangikuu
I don't know but it sounds like AoA and the like, fastest click wins the right to fight. So expect the jerks to stand as much on the npc as possible so you can't even click him.

Like they don't do that enough already...
90 Draenei Hunter
Guarantee it goes like this:

Richest folks on the server buy up all the invites at bid cap.

As soon as they reach the ability to invite new people the trade spam begins:

"WTS Brawlers Guild inv if you have to ask the price you cant afford it."

Shameful..

Yeah, anything where greed and epeen comparing is involved makes me want to shoot myself... wait... I do play World of Warcraft...

I pulled a ceefus o.O
90 Human Hunter
I think Realm Firsts periodically throughout an expansion is a good idea though for different things other than raiding, even if you don't include it with the this patch.

I don't really see that's it is necessary to remove the FoS Realm First from this, even though only a small amount of people even have a chance of getting it.... since that's pretty much how every Realm First is, the problem is with the others more people THINK they have a shot at it than actually do.

But oh well, Super Excited about the Brawler's Guild, can't wait to do it on live.
90 Draenei Shaman

Honestly, I would *love* to see someone (or a coalition of someones) with the cash to buy up *every* invite for 3-4 weeks straight on some server. Never use them, never touch the content. Just buy up and then delete the invite items every time they come up for sale, so that *nobody* gets to play it on that server. Just to prove the point of how utterly ridiculous this particular system is.
Community Manager
11/08/2012 10:56 AMPosted by Lupello
Please make them more than 1 per person. BrG'll be monopolized, and I think that might be the solution to it.

While that's something we're going to be keeping an eye on, it will be quite difficult to monopolize the invitations. The current plan is to furnish 10 new Bind on Pickup invites on the Black Market Auction House each day, so anyone trying to control all the invitations on a realm would have to have quite a fortune, and be willing to spend it all on nothing more than simply delaying, not stopping, other players from joining the Guild. Also, after players earn an invitation of their own to give out (these earned invites aren't bound, they're consumables that can be freely handed out, sold on the Auction House, etc.), they can do with that earned invite as they please.

11/08/2012 11:00 AMPosted by Amorisse
What will the required rank be for inviting a player? Revered, Exalted, or will the guild work differently than a faction reputation?

Right now, a member can invite someone else to the Brawler's Guild after earning Rank 7. We expect achieving that rank to be reasonably challenging for most players.
Edited by Daxxarri on 11/8/2012 11:20 AM PST
90 Blood Elf Paladin
11/08/2012 11:07 AMPosted by Piddy
And none of this explains, links to, or discusses what BG actually is, what you do there, or why you would want to buy an invite in the first place. And, no, I shouldn't have to "google it".

http://www.wowhead.com/news=207493/5-1-ptr-brawlers-guild-preview

Here's a link to a non-blizzrd site about brawler's guild info. An offical link would be nice, though, I agree.
90 Draenei Hunter
I think Realm Firsts periodically throughout an expansion is a good idea though for different things other than raiding, even if you don't include it with the this patch.

I don't really see that's it is necessary to remove the FoS Realm First from this, even though only a small amount of people even have a chance of getting it.... since that's pretty much how every Realm First is, the problem is with the others more people THINK they have a shot at it than actually do.

But oh well, Super Excited about the Brawler's Guild, can't wait to do it on live.

That is a fair point, but when you directly put a price on something before it even begins and then say here is the prize if you can afford it, that sets a dangerous precedent to alienating the rich from the poor in game even more. Further down this line of thinking if the BG is what it was modeled after, those people weren't rich, they didn't buy anything to get in. They showed up and handed or got handed butts.
90 Draenei Hunter
11/08/2012 11:17 AMPosted by Daxxarri
The current plan is to furnish 10 new Bind on Pickup invites on the Black Market Auction House each day, so anyone trying to control all the invitations on a realm would have to have quite a fortune, and be willing to spend it all on nothing more than simply delaying, not stopping, other players from joining the Guild.

I know several who have the means and the ilk to do just that...
90 Troll Druid
So, the people who buy from the BMAH also only get 1 invite?
90 Human Priest
Will the invite be account wide (or at least faction/server wide)?
90 Pandaren Mage
11/08/2012 11:21 AMPosted by Rangikuu
The current plan is to furnish 10 new Bind on Pickup invites on the Black Market Auction House each day, so anyone trying to control all the invitations on a realm would have to have quite a fortune, and be willing to spend it all on nothing more than simply delaying, not stopping, other players from joining the Guild.

I know several who have the means and the ilk to do just that...

This. Don't know if you've noticed, but 3/4ths of the community here have bad attitudes...
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]