Let’s Talk About Brawler’s Guild

100 Night Elf Druid
I was rather hoping it would be like the PvE ladder in your average fighting game.

However, as a severe Anti-1%er, I find a guilty pleasure in knowing handfuls of players are going to spend over 75k each to play their silly queue-humping games with each other.
Edited by Muddydub on 11/11/2012 12:40 PM PST
90 Dwarf Warrior
11/11/2012 10:59 AMPosted by Redlukey
Because they don't want it instanced. Seems kind of obvious, but ok

I read that as "They don't want to fix the obvious flaw." It's like when everyone told Nintendo to put backlighting into the GBA, they didn't, then everyone started buying mod kits so they didn't need a spotlight on their screen to see what they were doing. Big surprise when they released the next version of the GBA they put backlighting into it rather than ignoring their customer base.

Saying we shouldn't make reccomendations that Blizz fix what the players see as broken is like saying we should have just sat and taken RealID on the forums.
11/11/2012 12:57 PMPosted by Belthin
Because they don't want it instanced. Seems kind of obvious, but ok

I read that as "They don't want to fix the obvious flaw." It's like when everyone told Nintendo to put backlighting into the GBA, they didn't, then everyone started buying mod kits so they didn't need a spotlight on their screen to see what they were doing. Big surprise when they released the next version of the GBA they put backlighting into it rather than ignoring their customer base.

Saying we shouldn't make reccomendations that Blizz fix what the players see as broken is like saying we should have just sat and taken RealID on the forums.

There is nothing broken about non-instanced Brawler's Guild. It adds to the appeal. It makes it more exciting. If it's instanced, you have no choice in who you see fight. Or you build a specific group of friends/guildies, and it's no different than doing a guild raid.

Non-instanced gives you a chance to show off in front of random people, or possibly fall on your face. Instead of being there with your buddies who aren't going to say anything when you eat dirt, you get to show that you have what it takes, or you get told how much you suck. It's fun, it's exciting, and it will be way better than more instanced crap you just do with a few select people.
90 Dwarf Warrior
11/11/2012 01:04 PMPosted by Redlukey

There is nothing broken about non-instanced Brawler's Guild. It adds to the appeal. It makes it more exciting. If it's instanced, you have no choice in who you see fight. Or you build a specific group of friends/guildies, and it's no different than doing a guild raid.

Non-instanced gives you a chance to show off in front of random people, or possibly fall on your face. Instead of being there with your buddies who aren't going to say anything when you eat dirt, you get to show that you have what it takes, or you get told how much you suck. It's fun, it's exciting, and it will be way better than more instanced crap you just do with a few select people.

"don't change it, I personaly don't want it changed and can only invalidate your opinion by stating my own"
90 Undead Mage
I don't like the money side of bidding things. much rather a random drop or idk. Or remove the option to invite someone else. As it stands its just gonna be like someone paying 50-60k and then selling their invite for the same amount, perhaps only a little less. Depending on the speed at which the player can earn their own invite, the gold cost will be trivial because they can sell their invite down the track.
100 Human Paladin

Every player will have access to Brawler's Guild, it just depends on if they are willing to put in the time and gold to access it. That is all that's required.

This is the same argument that was used to justify 1% of the player population seeing an entire tier of raid content in Vanilla and BC. "They could all see the content if they were willing to put in the time.....". I see that the argument to exclude player from content never really changes. Blizzard came out on my side of the argument that time, but it appears things have changed.

Also, it may only be about gear for you, but many of us realize that gear is merely a means to see content. Content is the true value in this game. I do not let Blizz off the hook just because there is no gear progression involved.

You will see content but there's making a gating system to delay you. Just like LFR raids delayed vs. normal raids. When enough players have invites, the BMAH will no longer attract a 10k bid and the normal AH one will become cheap to the point of easy access.

I actually expect to see a further boost in invites, either through a new secondary source or more invites to existing members of the bralwer's guild. This will prolly take a month or 2 from now though.

There is absolutely no content in WOW that I can't see in MOP and that is truly a good direction for WOW to take. Some of it is harder to see or may take longer but there aren't really any more serious barriers to entry in any content now.
Edited by Hatsune on 11/11/2012 2:45 PM PST
90 Dwarf Warrior

This is the same argument that was used to justify 1% of the player population seeing an entire tier of raid content in Vanilla and BC. "They could all see the content if they were willing to put in the time.....". I see that the argument to exclude player from content never really changes. Blizzard came out on my side of the argument that time, but it appears things have changed.

Also, it may only be about gear for you, but many of us realize that gear is merely a means to see content. Content is the true value in this game. I do not let Blizz off the hook just because there is no gear progression involved.

You will see content but there's making a gating system to delay you. Just like LFR raids delayed vs. normal raids. When enough players have invites, the BMAH will no longer attract a 10k bid and the normal AH one will become cheap to the point of easy access.

I actually expect to see a further boost in invites, either through a new secondary source or more invites to existing members of the bralwer's guild. This will prolly take a month or 2 from now though.

There is absolutely no content in WOW that I can't see in MOP and that is truly a good direction for WOW to take. Some of it is harder to see or may take longer but there aren't really any more serious barriers to entry in any content now.

Gating by wealth is a poor gating system.
90 Gnome Warlock
11/11/2012 01:04 PMPosted by Redlukey
There is nothing broken about non-instanced Brawler's Guild. It adds to the appeal. It makes it more exciting.

Not really, it just makes it easier to get griefed by people crowding and spamming as many high particle graphics and AoEs as they can in order to disconnect you so that they can get in instead.
100 Human Paladin

About Those Invites
Invites to the Guild will (at least initially) only be available for purchase on the Black Market Auction House.

Lets say for example, I buy every single initial invite off the BMAH with my obscene amount of money... can I effectively troll the entire server by refusing to earn and pass out additional invites? Are you actually making it incredibly easy to lock 99% of the population out of new content?

Additionally, what is the incentive for me to physically make my character watch a top player fight, instead of watching his stream on one of my screens while having some fun getting chain CCd in a BG?
90 Human Rogue
Sorry to burst your bubble, but a person's gold balance doesn't indicate their ability to play the game. I don't believe the Brawler's Guild NPCs will fall over dead based on your gold balance at the time you enter the ring. I don't believe your gold balance will translate into some unstoppable ability in the ring that will let you one shot the opponent. I'm pretty sure the combat will have nothing at all to do with your gold balance or your ability to make gold within the game. I'm not sure there's a Brawler's Guild fight where you win by selling the most stuff on the AH within a given time period.

Feel free to link to me any Blizzard info that says otherwise, that says your gold balance makes you a good player, that your gold balance will mean you excel in the Brawler's Guild.

There are perfectly decent people who have not a whole lot of gold, often because the gold they do make goes into doing stuff for other people. Hopefully you understand that concept.

Any reason someone wants to quit the game is a legitimate reason to quit. You don't have to agree with their reason, but you cannot say it wasn't legitimate for them. They stopped playing the game, it has significance for them. You don't get to decide what a legitimate reason is for other ppl.

If you are unable to make enough gold to get into the Brawler's Guild, you more than likely wouldn't get far once inside. Gold making isn't hard. It actually just happens. You don't even have to try. I'd say it's actually harder to be poor than it is to be rich, or at least "well off".

Actually, it's easier to be poor than rich or well off. It takes far less time to spend the gold than to make it.
100 Human Paladin

About Those Invites
Invites to the Guild will (at least initially) only be available for purchase on the Black Market Auction House.

Lets say for example, I buy every single initial invite off the BMAH with my obscene amount of money... can I effectively troll the entire server by refusing to earn and pass out additional invites? Are you actually making it incredibly easy to lock 99% of the population out of new content?

Additionally, what is the incentive for me to physically make my character watch a top player fight, instead of watching his stream on one of my screens while having some fun getting chain CCd in a BG?

Well you're gonna have to blow 10m a day to ensure no one else gets in. I'll be on the other team betting you fail.
90 Dwarf Warrior

Well you're gonna have to blow 10m a day to ensure no one else gets in. I'll be on the other team betting you fail.

The point is that someone could still attempt it, which was creating enough concern to make them take out world and server first achievements associated with Brawler's Guild. There needs to at least be an alternative method to getting an invite to BG so that even if someone wanted to troll a server for the first day or two they wouldn't be able to stop everyone from getting in.
100 Human Paladin

The point is that someone could still attempt it, which was creating enough concern to make them take out world and server first achievements associated with Brawler's Guild. There needs to at least be an alternative method to getting an invite to BG so that even if someone wanted to troll a server for the first day or two they wouldn't be able to stop everyone from getting in.

Why would Blizzard or anyone want to prevent someone from committing financial suicide? No single account can store more than 2 gold caps on a server per character.
Edited by Hatsune on 11/11/2012 3:53 PM PST
90 Dwarf Warrior
11/11/2012 03:53 PMPosted by Hatsune
Why would Blizzard or anyone want to prevent someone from committing financial suicide? No single account can store more than 2 gold caps on a server per character.

That doesn't mean that there isn't someone shooting for 22 gold caps on a server, and they don't necessarily need to gold cap every invite depending on the server.
100 Human Paladin
But I am looking forward to the absolute gank fest that will be happening at the BMAH, guards don't do anything... it's going to be an AOE lag fest.
100 Worgen Druid
11/08/2012 10:48 AMPosted by Daxxarri
and a way for players on a realm to come together.

You mean for players to charge people an arm and a leg to get into the brawlers guild.
I haven't haven't seen any thing from blizz for a few pages. did they give up on trying to talk to us? On the subject of making money in this game, if you never do anything except PvE and raise two gathering professions, you can make a ton of money. however, if you are like me and primarily do PvP, you will be hard pressed to make any real wealth. I would enjoy a PvE area like the Brawlers guild because unlike Raids, or heroic Dungeons, you won't constantly be trolled and harrassed by people who rather make you hate yourself than help you get better.

Since blizzard gives no incentive for people to help one another, they would rather take out their frustration on well meaning but inexperienced players. it seems that this kind of elitist behavior is encouraged by blizzard in combat, and will now be likewise encouraged on a monetary basis.

This expansion is nearly entirely money based. if i want to make something and subsequently sell it, i need to the mats myself. this translates into a rediculously high price to my potential customer to make it worth my time and effort. since most folks won't pay those kind of prices for something they can get basically for free from VP or from a raid, there is no incentive to purchase my wares. since i can't make any money doing what i enjoy doing, I have to do something i loathe in order to afford to do something that seems mildly interesting to me.

How will you make this fair for those of us with jobs and obligations. you have already managed to make me hate crafting with spirits of Harmony and Orbs of Mystery WHy don't you shorten the arena seasons to make it harder for me to get conquest gear and use it for any length of time.

MMORPGS are traditionally Meritocricies, meaning that those who have the skill get the rewards. those of us with a poorer lot than others in the real world truly enjoy the chance be something. even if it isn't real. now you want to take it from us. fine, i don't care. you already took my money for you buggy crap xpac. now you can make me feel bad for being poor in my fake life too
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]