Let’s Talk About Brawler’s Guild

90 Human Paladin
11/08/2012 11:05 AMPosted by Kookshelper
This is about the most asinine feature this game's ever had, creating a small cosy little clique whose main interst will be e-peening their membership of this exclusive litte group, for the stupidly rich and their friends .. normal players need not apply.
90 Undead Rogue
11/12/2012 11:16 AMPosted by Pumpkin
They just can't help themselves it seems. As much as they try not to, and they have been getting much better over the years, Blizz just can't help putting in content that most players will never see or have access to. Ah well. I'm just going to ignore this Brawler's Guild business completely. That way I don't have to feel bad about the fact that I'll never get in.

ikr
90 Orc Warlock
I hope blizzard innovative idea of letting those who can afford to fight catches on. It would be hilarious if only the rich could get invited to fight club IRL... I can see it now, have tough guys like Bill Gates battling decrepit money mummies like Donal Trump. Or Oprah versus Mark Zuckerburg. I would LOVE to see the rich battle it out in a bloody two fisted brawl to the death. The 1% deserves a shot at UFC.
Edited by Macronomicon on 11/13/2012 11:28 AM PST
90 Blood Elf Paladin
You guys are being absolutely ridiculous. The thing hasn't even released and you've already written it off as the most disappointing and flawless feature yet.

How about you just give Blizzard a hand for actually pioneering something completely new in the game that they have NEVER DONE BEFORE. Let the thing be released, see if it actually sucks, and then if it does, watch as they adjust it and make it awesome. Then shut your face ;)
90 Worgen Druid
Make the invites a random panda zone drop, or post them to a select number of max level players in the mail - there should be SOME other way to obtain apart from buying at the bmah.
90 Undead Mage
So the real question is... What exactly will someone be "bragging" about? I have less of a life than you do so I trolled the auction house all day long making money while you had a real life. Now I can buy content that you are gonna have to wait months for at the least. Epic. Oh and what happened to answering our questions in this post? It's been 4 days since you've responded.
90 Human Death Knight
11/13/2012 11:50 AMPosted by Dirtmouth
So the real question is... What exactly will someone be "bragging" about? I have less of a life than you do so I trolled the auction house all day long making money while you had a real life. Now I can buy content that you are gonna have to wait months for at the least. Epic. Oh and what happened to answering our questions in this post? It's been 4 days since you've responded.
They're busy soaking in all your feedback.
90 Draenei Shaman
I can't say that I'm at all surprised about this thread or the general assumptions made by most, but I am disappointed.

The general consensus is that wealthy are:
-Cheaters. One poster summed it up nicely in that he thought that most millionaires are botters. This is a common thought as it is easier to assume foulplay than to learn how it was accomplished.
-Scum with no regard for other players. I guess people go to buy a glyph from the AH and envision Trade Prince Gallywix smoking a cigar selling it to them after using slave labor to create it.

While there are cheaters and jerks on the AH, they are a minority, and for simple economic reasons. First, Cheaters will not be "playing" the AH often in any visual way. They have incentives to remain as low key as possible passing off bulk and getting that money out as fast as possible. When discussing cheaters people always like to focus on the worst - the companies stealing accounts and dumping those ill-gotten resources on others for profit. There is a much less talked about consequence of botting though - price control. Anyone that has tried to legitimately farm ore for example knows what I am talking about. When bots easily amass a material to dump, it is a control on others who might want to keep the price high, which farmers hate, but almost everyone else enjoys the benefits of.

Secondly, there are jerks in every facet of the game. I'd dare say there are more jerks controlling the raiding situation on any one realm than there are on the AH. If anything there are natural controls built into the system for this as other players will overtake the jerk in the markets as his name is sullied and they reap the benefits of good connections with the public for raw materials, good trade ups, etc. There will be some people that thing any big name in the market is unfair in jacking up prices and such, because "hey a glyph shouldn't be 300g it cost like 4g to make, they are ripping us off!", but the thing is other than certain items (like Raid drop patterns, etc), anyone that doesn't agree with that pricing can get the item themselves, and even compete against the guy for their own profit! If people weigh the price against the ease of otherwise obtaining the item and they still buy it then it was worth that price.

See the thing is, money is very easy to get in this game and there are several ways to get it, despite what people say camping in front of the Auctioneer for 10 hours a day is not required. Someone that likes farming can find items they can farm that aren't being supplied and they can make good money, someone that likes questing will find they can afford more than they think with their rewards, my characters all fund their own epic speed flying now for example. Alt people often complain there isn't money in their game, but my last character I leveled 1-85 (pre MoP) I did on a new server for me and that character had 140k when it hit 85 (had purchased all riding skills, etc). Even if something pans out to be an average 10-30k..that is well within the means of any player. There is a reason gold sinks have had to rise in price each expac yet we still see more people now with "expensive" stuff than we did the year before.
90 Troll Death Knight
AWESOME. FInALLy a chance to be a real in game thug! Thanks
90 Blood Elf Paladin
If I were Blizz, I'd put 1 BoP invite on the BMAH every couple days, (just as a gold sink like everything else in there.) But, have the majority of initial invites be from NPC's who are already in the Brawlers Guild. Since you can only get in through an invite from another person anyway, make a few choice wandering rare spawns throughout Pandaria, that will give out an invitation to people they deem "worthy" to join. That way at least the majority of initial people who are invited to the Brawlers Guild, fit into the "lore" of the Brawlers Guild, instead of just buying an invite.
90 Dwarf Priest
I can't believe how moronic most of the posters in this thread are.

With 10 invites a day, the prices will indeed be high initially as demand far outstrips supply. However, however, that's still 300 people/month just from the BMAH alone!! That number will likely double as people earn rank 7 and invite their friends, and then their friends repeat the process and so on.. There could easily be 1000 new people in the guild per month.

There is a good chance that if you don't have 10,000+ you will not be in within the first few weeks. However, there simply aren't that many rich people per server, and even fewer still that will desire to spend money on this. There is no way prices will prohibit everyone from experiencing this within a month or two. I would be absolutely shocked to see invites going for more than 5 or 6k after a few weeks.
90 Pandaren Hunter
From what ive read, this is terrible news for the community. If you guys havent noticed yet, the community isnt a very friendly one. Now, im not saying everyone, there are some great people around obviously. But this brawlers guild is just going to put a huge wrench in what community we have left. People are always looking for reasons to claim how good they are, and put down others....thats just how it is. So what does blizzard do? Strolls up and gives them another means of putting down others, to not include others, to flaunt money, to make money, and to generally give people something to fight about.

In my opinion, this is a bad move. If there was a way to have some kind of "under ground club" where people who actually deserve it get invites, then Id be ok with it. People with the most feats of strengths, achievements, fastest times in a challenge mode, certain reps, progression, pvp ratings etc. People who have gone above and beyond the everyday player. That makes sense, and I think would have less complaints. As of right now, this brawl guild has nothing to do with good players, talented players etc. Just if you have gold, youre in.
90 Worgen Druid
Oh awesome, so all the rich and elitist jerks on my server will finally have a LABEL and I can simply put the whole GUILD on ignore!

Good work, Blizz!
90 Draenei Shaman
From what ive read, this is terrible news for the community. If you guys havent noticed yet, the community isnt a very friendly one. Now, im not saying everyone, there are some great people around obviously. But this brawlers guild is just going to put a huge wrench in what community we have left. People are always looking for reasons to claim how good they are, and put down others....thats just how it is. So what does blizzard do? Strolls up and gives them another means of putting down others, to not include others, to flaunt money, to make money, and to generally give people something to fight about.

In my opinion, this is a bad move. If there was a way to have some kind of "under ground club" where people who actually deserve it get invites, then Id be ok with it. People with the most feats of strengths, achievements, fastest times in a challenge mode, certain reps, progression, pvp ratings etc. People who have gone above and beyond the everyday player. That makes sense, and I think would have less complaints. As of right now, this brawl guild has nothing to do with good players, talented players etc. Just if you have gold, youre in.

Unlike the real world where someone ever so often just gets born into wealth where we can claim they had no entitlement to that wealth..In game every character starts off with 0 gold. Someone spent their time to collect the (measly) amount of gold it will take to get in? Then they deserve it. If you didn't..you don't lol. It isn't like having gold is independent of being good at what you consider to be a "real" part of the game either, if you have massive acheivements..you probably have gold too seeing as so many are economy based. If you are in a top raiding guild..you have gold (or your guild does, which is basically the same thing in a tight knit group), etc. We aren't talking about 2 million gold to get in, we are talking about what a casual player can get in a week or two if they save up nicely for it.
90 Undead Warrior
Brush up on chinese, They hack the accounts and will be able to afford this lol
About Those InvitesInvites to the Guild will (at least initially) only be available for purchase on the Black Market Auction House. We’ve taken this approach both to control queue times, and also because the Brawler’s Guild is meant to be kind of a small, underground thing, and a way for players on a realm to come together. At first, that will happen because invites will go out from one player to another based on who buys those initial Black Market invites. After reaching a certain rank in the Brawler’s Guild, each of the new members can eventually earn one new invitation of their own to pass out to someone else on the same realm, so the Brawler’s Guilds on each realm should get progressively larger and larger over time. We may also investigate alternate methods of acquiring invitations or making them more plentiful.

ive never been more pissed off reading something on the forums before..........i was really really looking forward to the brawlers guild, but knowing the only damn way im going to get in anytime soon is by the BMAH.......well im f---ed
90 Worgen Druid
11/13/2012 01:46 PMPosted by Kïelïs
ive never been more pissed off reading something on the forums before..........i was really really looking forward to the brawlers guild, but knowing the only damn way im going to get in anytime soon is by the BMAH.......well im f---ed

I don't know about you, but I don't even waste my time looking on the BMAH.
90 Tauren Death Knight
Has anyone thought of using somone's Achievement Points totals or another way other than gold to do this? Is this coming from the same development team that did D3? cause after that collassal disaster I wouldn't be surprised.

At first I loved this idea but now that it's based off of who has the most gold.(at least to get into in a reasonable time) it is just reminding me of the long wait and hype/excitedness i had waiting for D3.

That turned out to be the biggest disappointment for me since I started gaming back on an Atari 2600. I had thought SWTOR was the worst. But D3 blew it away in epic disappointments.

Too bad cause i really loved Diablo 1 and 2

Just my 2 cents I wanted to get in i guess. I do however like MoP more than i did Cata since I took 18 months off WoW after that release. So at least some part of the development team I feel is doing great.(IE account mounts, achieves etc.)
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]