Let’s Talk About Brawler’s Guild

54 Human Priest
11/08/2012 10:48 AMPosted by Daxxarri
Brawler’s Guild is meant to be kind of a small, underground thing, and a way for players on a realm to come together.

I get that this was the initial design concept and that the dev team never realized how popular this concept would become before its release. That being said the means of achieving invitations even with the inclusion of the npc drops still does not answer the ever building ground swell demand for this new area of the game. Such division will most likely not bring the player base together but instead create division among the haves and have nots.
90 Human Warlock
So they said the invites are a consumable and that it could be traded and such. My next question is if I get into the brawlers guild on one server, will it transfer if I go to a different server? Also if I have a couple invites in my inventory then switch servers, will they also transfer with me or is it realm specific?
86 Troll Druid
A fun, but small diversion that could grow in time
A venue for a realm’s community to come together
A unique way to earn some solo PvE bragging rights
A cool place to hang out

Again more propaganda, you have been saying you want to a LOT TO DO for players to stay, but block it for people to get into the content, bring people back together, but not every one now.

At what point is the middle ground?

Saying one thing and doing another is showing some huge porkies and mop is not even 3 months old.

Lying to customers is the norm for you lot now it seems, your pushing words and not actions as a company, and shows a clean out of the devs is long overdue.

So, what is it you think they should be saying. What would be the honest statement? How would you like to see something like this implemented in order to meet your standards? Your post is pretty full of high claims but totally lacking in substance.
86 Troll Druid
Honestly I think blizz should have stuck to their guns on having invitations through the BMAH only, at least at first. It gates the content, which HAS to happen otherwise no one will have any fun with the new feature. It sucks a ton of gold out of the economy, where LOW drop rates just creates new millionaires (or thousandaires ) without reducing the overall gold supply of the server.

I think the whole idea of this feature is really cool, the implementation makes perfect sense and all of the complaints of "I pay for this game I should be able to access everything from day 1" are going to ruin the whole concept.

I mean honestly, you take away exclusivity and secrecy and this feature already exists... if you want to brawl from day 1 go try to solo world bosses, elites, etc and invite people to watch.
90 Night Elf Druid
A fun, but small diversion that could grow in time
A venue for a realm’s community to come together
A unique way to earn some solo PvE bragging rights
A cool place to hang out

Again more propaganda, you have been saying you want to a LOT TO DO for players to stay, but block it for people to get into the content, bring people back together, but not every one now.

At what point is the middle ground?

Saying one thing and doing another is showing some huge porkies and mop is not even 3 months old.

Lying to customers is the norm for you lot now it seems, your pushing words and not actions as a company, and shows a clean out of the devs is long overdue.

There ARE a lot of things to do for players to stay. The bullet list of things Brawler's Guild is do not include "All-inclusive fun for everyone!"

There is no lie, you're just being selective and silly and emotional because you can't find anything real to complain about.

As for asking for Devs to be fired... sorry kid but you don't understand anything at all. Enjoy your forum vacation as well...
90 Blood Elf Warlock
It's all well and good that an additional, non-monetary non-insider means of entry was added. However, my desire for this activity went from high to nearly non-existent due to the system itself. It's supposed to be battles for solo players, and yet it's limited by only allowing one person at a time. Even worse, it sounds like other players will be able to monkey around with your battle, tossing buffs or debuffs around while you fight. Sorry, I was hoping it was going to be an instanced off area where one could fight solo content...you know... solo. Having to wait in a line actively trying to sabotage the current fighter just so you can eventually be the one avoiding sabotage just does not sound fun for a solo activity.
1 Undead Rogue
Update!

• Entry into the brawler’s guild is by invitation only. Invitations can be found on the black market auction house, by invitation from somebody within the guild, and occasionally as drops from certain Horde and Alliance NPCs.

Saw that in the patch notes nice addition any idea which NPCs or is that still TBD?

PvP dailies, obviously. They really want to force the content down our throats, apparently.
PvP dailies, obviously. They really want to force the content down our throats, apparently.

Which dailies require you to kill Horde or Alliance NPCs?
61 Undead Death Knight
1,2,4,16... and so on. People are forgetting that you can invite people once your in meaning more and more will have the invite and trying to sell it...*here comes the economy lesson*

If supply is increasing and demand is decreasing.. prices will... Decrease!!!

So whats 50k today will be 20k tomorrow and so on...
1 Human Hunter
About Those Invites

After reaching a certain rank in the Brawler’s Guild, each of the new members can eventually earn one new invitation.

Not a real fan of having to buy in off ah, bmah or having to buy off someone with rank (and one invitation).

Problem with one set price it would probably be very high like Reins of the Grand Expedition Yak. Which would make people scream as well.

Can only hope they ban gold buyers that attempt to monopolize the invites.
100 Human Paladin
If they are as common as the lotus shards, then probably most will never see them.

If they are as common as motes of harmony, then everyone will be in after an hour of farming.

I'm tempted to lean to the former.
100 Human Warlock
11/14/2012 04:25 PMPosted by Ruxpin

Which dailies require you to kill Horde or Alliance NPCs?

The ones coming in patch 5.1 - the big important part of the patch content.
90 Human Paladin

– since a big part of the Brawler’s Guild is watching other players fight their own battles, right now instancing arenas or using phasing isn’t an attractive option.

If watching other players fight is such a large part of the experience, let's hope that the appalling viewing angles in the Alliance Brawler's Guild have been fixed by the time it makes it to the live realms in 5.1.
100 Tauren Death Knight
So can we get some clarification on the "Certain NPCs"? Are we talking the new Krasarang dailies NPCs, or will this auto-drop off Varian/Garrosh and have a lesser chance on other faction leaders?

...prefer the latter tbh ^_^
100 Draenei Hunter
I think this is a better approach to issue of Brawlers Guild invites, though as an alternate suggestion, why not occasionally drop from some of the tougher elite rare spawns as well?

I can understand why Blizzard are doing it this way, from what I see on the preview vids it looks like the fighting pit can only be occupied by one player at a time. So for every level 90 and his dog to rush into Brawlers Guild would lead to very, very long Q times and people would then get upset by this and vent their respective spleens in the forums and fansites etc. So a invite system is the lesser of the many evils. Just don't make the mistake of making it sound like "Here is something you been requesting for ages, scroungers and riff-raff need not apply"

Of all the things coming up in the patch, Brawlers Guild is the thing I am excited about the most.
90 Undead Warlock
If you don't put any rewards or progression things in it's going to end up as players selling invites to rubes. This is mostly what i expect is for players to just sell their invites. Then the novelty will wear off pretty fast. I don't think it will have the community effect that this is trying to go for. Put mounts and/or good transmog gear in there and it will be more successful if it's not meant to be a means to get gear.
Edited by Subetei on 11/14/2012 5:50 PM PST
Community Manager
Will gear levels be throttled for the fights so that progression raiders and/or PvPers have no preexisting advantage, and the bragging rights are solely based on player skill?

Stat scaling isn't currently planned for the Guild, no. Skill will absolutely factor in, especially at high Ranks, but bragging rights in this context can certainly also include raw character power. The fights aren't tuned for stat scaling, and beyond that, gear is an important part of World of Warcraft. We don't want to go too crazy with eliminating its value by over-using stat scaling.

Naturally, and as with all things, we might revise that perspective in the future, but it's not on the table at the moment.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]