Let’s Talk About Brawler’s Guild

100 Human Paladin
Or wait in line for the price to drop to the level you want. It will definately drop below 1000g eventually. Then 500g... Then 100g... etc

Nothing on the BMAH goes for less than 10k.

I refer to the player BOE invites which most (if not every) brawler eventually earns. Those go on AH and with enough supply it'll drop.
Edited by Hatsune on 11/15/2012 7:23 PM PST
100 Human Warlock
This was my take on Brawlers Guild!!! OMG I cannot wait that looks so fun. As soon as I read how it was being implemented and the way it would be played out... Well in short it went from a 9/10 interest level to being something that I would not even rate as I completely lost interest.

FYI Coletta... 1000g start means nothing on our server. A player purchased Mimrons head on our server for 960,000G off the BMAH...first and only bid. You think 1000g start means that it might sell for 1500? I can almost be assured our server 100k min and depending on the want to keep it in 1 guild 500k a piece, just because they can.
90 Human Death Knight
Can we possibly have this be cross faction? Like rather than in the city, kinda hidden away.

The theory is that those of the horde and alliance who aren't mindless dogs of war want to have a little fun, and can pve + pvp.

PVP is the same thing, just with actual players. No queuing up or anything, no teams, just meet there and brawl!
100 Human Paladin
I can almost be assured our server 100k min and depending on the want to keep it in 1 guild 500k a piece, just because they can.

Your guilds have some pretty deep pockets to squeeze out 5m gold a day on the BMAH. This will rise exponentially once more players start selling their own invites.

Of course if its kept to that guild ALONE. They'd have to blow 10m a day to ensure all 10 invites don't go to anyone else and they can then keep the player invites internal. They'll prolly run out of gold to do it in a week or at most 2.
Edited by Hatsune on 11/16/2012 5:06 PM PST
11/08/2012 11:05 AMPosted by Kookshelper
This is about the most asinine feature this game's ever had, creating a small cosy little clique whose main interst will be e-peening their membership of this exclusive litte group, for the stupidly rich and their friends .. normal players need not apply.

lol I have no idea waht it is, but anything that brings me closer to people i dont know is yukky :)
11/15/2012 09:09 AMPosted by Ruxpin
No gear scaling makes the feature less significantly less appealing to me.

Gear scaling is great for dungeons, but I don't want gear to turn into some aesthetic only thing.

Fashion is ALL ! 5.1 solo
mog runs ftw!
92 Draenei Death Knight
Isn't this going to be unfair for people who are not Death Knights, Hunters, or Warlocks?
100 Human Warlock
11/17/2012 11:26 PMPosted by Valithyria
Isn't this going to be unfair for people who are not Death Knights, Hunters, or Warlocks?

I'm not sure it is intended to be a level playing field.
90 Troll Priest
11/17/2012 11:26 PMPosted by Valithyria

Blizzard cant balance it around 1v1, that would screw up pvp/pve and everything in between. So yea blood dks will be the first to hit the top by far. Everyone else has to pop everything and pray they burn it before it kills them.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
OK, since Blizzard hopefully realizes that eventually, the brawlers guild will have to be instanced / phased if it works out how they're thinking and it actually grows...

Why not just scrap the whole "keep it small" idea since the eventual reality will be that it has to have multiple instances of it to hold the amount of people in line?

Also, Blizzard, we're WoW players. How long do you honestly think it'll take until everyone starts whining that they have to wait in line behind people that are losing fights?
90 Blood Elf Hunter
So basically what Blizzard is saying is that in order to enjoy this feature that will be added to the game in 5.1, I should probably go buy a ton of wow gold so that I can afford an invite?

The actual feature sounds cool and a lot of fun but keeping it to less then 1% of the population isn't really a good use of dev time. If the server has 1000 people on it, only 10 people will get an invite. 10k will only get 100 invites. That's absolutely crazy.

If there are 10 million people playing, and 1% get in, that's only 100k people out of 10 million. If its 5%, its 500k people out of 10 million.

I guess its ok Blizzard caters to the top one percent, NOT!!!
100 Human Paladin
So basically what Blizzard is saying is that in order to enjoy this feature that will be added to the game in 5.1, I should probably go buy a ton of wow gold so that I can afford an invite?

The actual feature sounds cool and a lot of fun but keeping it to less then 1% of the population isn't really a good use of dev time. If the server has 1000 people on it, only 10 people will get an invite. 10k will only get 100 invites. That's absolutely crazy.

If there are 10 million people playing, and 1% get in, that's only 100k people out of 10 million. If its 5%, its 500k people out of 10 million.

I guess its ok Blizzard caters to the top one percent, NOT!!!

But that 1% expands daily at an exponential rate. Its just a first on the block thing that seems to irritate people.
100 Human Warlock
The Deep Run Tram area is a CRZ area for Alliance. Isn't this the area the Brawler's Guild is located in? How will CRZ impact on the queuing for fights for Alliance players?
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Hmm, I have an idea for ticket distribution: Let's make it so you buy a ticket for your guild and the BG can be unique to each guild. So if I go buy a ticket for my guild, everyone in my guild will have access and all the guild members can watch each of the guild only battles.

It would be fun for everyone and we'd all get to enjoy the content instead of 300 people a month per server enjoying the content.
90 Blood Elf Hunter
11/18/2012 06:52 PMPosted by Hatsune
But that 1% expands daily at an exponential rate. Its just a first on the block thing that seems to irritate people.

This is 100% spot on. I don't know how many American (north, central and south) subs there are out of the 10 million world wide players, but for arguments sake lets say its 4 million.

There are about 250 north american servers. If 250 servers * 300 tickets a month=75k players the first month. 75k people a month does sound nice until you realize 75k is only 2.5% of 3 million. In two months only 5% of the players will have access.

If we assume it takes all 75k one month to get top rank (we don't know this, could take two weeks), your best possible scenario is that after 60 days from the patch, only a maximum of 7.5% of the playerbase will have seen this content.

Being that I am unaware if this is 10 tickets a day per faction or just per server. I've never used BMAH so I don't know if its cross faction. I think it is, but if it is not, then you could double all my figures above, but sadly that still only puts us at 15% of the base in two months. Pretty sad.

One interesting thing to note, if you are on a busy server, you have a significantly smaller chance of ever seeing this content compared to a low pop realm. Low pop servers that may only have 1000 players may very well have every member of the realm in the BG within 3 months.

The queue times will also be much better on a tiny server. I can only wait to hear how much crying will come out of high pop realms. 300 tickets a month for 10k players. Yeah, that's fun.
90 Undead Death Knight
So, they finally did it. Created an elite club for the richest people in WoW. Way to cater to the elite. Luckily, I am smart enough to realize that there is no prize Blizzard could offer that would make it worth it for me to ever even want to join. There is no mount, no pet, no gear, no title, no anything that is worth it. Unless theywere planning on giving out a million real Dollars as a prizeor something, just not worth the time. Another weak attempt at making the game interesting again. I guess for the players that their ePeen is about the only acomplishments they will ever have in life, it might be worth something but for those of us that know this is just a game and nothing we do in game means squat in RL, very weak effort Blizz. And for god's sake, stop stealing movie ideas. Next thing you know we'll have stupid quest line base on a crappy Jason Stathem movie where you have to keep your heartbeat beating fast or maybe even some crappy Twilight event with vampires and werewolves.
90 Human Warrior
11/18/2012 11:22 AMPosted by Rosybottom
and occasionally as drops from certain Horde and Alliance NPCs.

It's amusing how many people quoted this as a part of the original updated post but failed to realize its significance. But hey, if you guys want to cry about something that has been addressed, let the tears flow.
100 Human Paladin
but sadly that still only puts us at 15% of the base in two months. Pretty sad.

Is 15% in 2 months so bad? I wonder what the LFR clear rate for empress is. Is it even higher?
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]