Let’s Talk About Brawler’s Guild

90 Draenei Death Knight
11/18/2012 05:36 AMPosted by Scyllaìr
Blizzard cant balance it around 1v1, that would screw up pvp/pve and everything in between. So yea blood dks will be the first to hit the top by far. Everyone else has to pop everything and pray they burn it before it kills them.

Imagine a mage doing this! I can't Blizzard actually INTENDS it to be unfair for non-DKs.
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Biggest problem I see is my server is alli controlled so the horde most likely will take forever to break into this which makes it kinda sad to the underdogs who just cause they don't play on the side that's most occupied means we have to wait
90 Human Hunter
I would like to know more about the proving grounds to improve your class skills that was mentioned ;-) way to sneak that in there.
90 Human Paladin
just buffoonery i'd say.
90 Human Paladin
Seems to me like another way for these bigger guilds to outdo smaller guilds with less experienced player IMO. I'm a pretty good player but choose to be in a smaller guild cause the egos in a larger guild are way to high and i don't like seeing 1 person down talk another cause what that person hasn't learned yet, and now ur giving a bonus to guilds that usually have prics as members. OH yay u rock blizz.
90 Human Paladin

No gear scaling makes the feature less significantly less appealing to me.

Challenge modes & raiding are good activities for demonstrating how good you are in a 5-person & 10/25 person environment. They either drop all the gear required, or don't need any.

There isn't anything for individual skill bragging rights.

Brawler's guild with gear scaling would have been a good individual demonstration of skill.

But instead, it'll be exceptionally heavily biased by who's got a character in a raid group that's gone the farthest. E.G. Don't even bother trying on your alts.

There are already group achievement based bragging rights - raid kills. No need for another bragging rights venue that's heavily based off group pve achievements.

+1, agree

i also agree with this, i do like progression, but would rather be in a smaller guild that have lesser skilled ppl trying to learn, cause it seems like the guilds with more skilled players always act like punks to lesser skilled ppl and that just isn't my style. So this is just compensation for guilds that have more skilled players in it to have another reason to talk down to someone that hasn't played as long or learned as much.
90 Night Elf Druid
Entry into the brawler’s guild is by invitation only. Invitations can be found on the black market auction house, by invitation from somebody within the guild, and occasionally as drops from certain Horde and Alliance NPCs.

I don't want to camp the BM AH and spend 10k gold to get the "invite" or compete with the people who buy gold to get the "honor" of doing so.

What Brawler’s Guild Isn’tA means of solo progressionA major patch feature accessible to everyone (at first)A way to earn lots of in-game rewardsProving Grounds where you can develop class skills (that’s a different feature arriving later on)

I think you should have included "It is not meant for anyone who does not want to blow 10k gold to get in."...or more.....

What Brawler’s Guild IsA fun, but small diversion that could grow in timeA venue for a realm’s community to come togetherA unique way to earn some solo PvE bragging rightsA cool place to hang out

And also it's a place for the gold buying trade chat jerks that are allready running off at the mouth waaaay to much to do some more mouth running...Sory Blizz but this is just way to much like the High school football jerks running around waggling their weenies and saying look at me look at me , lol.
Exclusivity, no matter what it's source or meaning is demeaning to all. Creating a group with limited membership based on an "invite" ( btw how is it an invite if I have to buy it? ) that is meant to bring the community together ?

11/08/2012 10:48 AMPosted by Daxxarri
A venue for a realm’s community to come together

Hmmm....ok...if you say so lol.

Well guys my point here is that you are creating a group or " Guild " here that is based on membership by money. What if I do not have the money ? Your going to open a can of worms that excludes a lot of players based on whether or not they have the gold to join or whether or not they know someone who will invite them ( and we all know that those invites from someone are not going to be free are they ? ). How is this fostering a sense of community ? Seems to me it does nothing more than foster the gold buyers.
85 Blood Elf Rogue
So what NPC's actually drop the item.. The blood-soaked invitation isn't even in the database to lookup.
90 Pandaren Monk
Ok. So myself and my guildmates are trying to figure this out. We just got the drop today, and our guild leader is in the Brawlers Guild now. How does one gain the ability to send out the invites? We're not seeing anything anywhere on how to send these invites out. Any help is appreciated.
90 Dwarf Hunter
11/08/2012 12:28 PMPosted by Daxxarri
think it's also worth mentioning that the feedback we're receiving on this isn't being ignored, and that we're still considering alternate methods of distributing the invitations.

Its target audience is people competent at handling solo content, that's a given. Based on this, an obvious way to hand out invites to people that will actually appreciate them, is to make them uncommon drops from L70 raid bosses, but only when there's only one player in the raid.

You've arranged it that people can now enter this raid content solo. The set of people who enter these raids while not in a raid group ARE the set of people that will get the best
bang for the buck from the Brawler's Guild.

Alternatively, put them on some level of 5 man dungeon boss with the same criterion: soloing a L85 dungeon, maybe a heroic L85, should put you in about the correct ballpark.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]