Let’s Talk About Brawler’s Guild

90 Worgen Hunter
What kind of rewards can we expect for Brawler's Guild? Is there already a Quartermaster?

Curious about the things we would be able to purchase for them...

=x
90 Draenei Hunter
Pets and heirloom fisting.

EDIT: dang autocrrect, too funny to change though lol
Edited by Rangikuu on 11/8/2012 12:46 PM PST
90 Worgen Hunter
Daxxari,

I hardly ever post, and never about topics like this, but this one has really annoyed me. I've been playing, quietly and loyally, since launch, and have maintained acceptance and a positive attitude throughout that time. In this case, though, Blizzard is, in my opinion, making a huge mistake that is upsetting many, many players. The isolation of solo content, even for a short time, to only the super-rich, feels like an insult (even if it's not intended as such).

This goes beyond buying vanity items and single-tier upgrades at the BMAH, or buying giant yak or rocket mounts. This isn't limited-interest content, like a new raid or battleground. Everybody loves the concept, everyone wants to participate, and 99.9% of us are being told that we can't because we're simply not wealthy enough.

You want to gate the content, that's clear. But my question is, why? If you want the small-club feel, why not delay the feature until you have the tech to enable multiple instances that small numbers of people can be permanently assigned to? If you want to only have one instance, then why not equalize the passes by giving most of them out randomly, or making it an inexpensive, single-purchase-only raffle (with maybe only one or two passes per server also available on BMAH)?

You may not have intended this to be something big, but it's obviously extremely popular and anticipated content, and your unwillingness to budge from your wealth-centered content delivery mechanism is both disappointing and wholly unfair to the vast majority of your paying customers.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
11/08/2012 12:42 PMPosted by Sabatieni
You should probably read the full blue post...the one you quoted from said there won't be any server first achievements.

OK even still it is not there call to make on what is and isn't solo progression.

That choice is up to the player.
Edited by Landore on 11/8/2012 12:47 PM PST
What kind of rewards can we expect for Brawler's Guild? Is there already a Quartermaster?

Curious about the things we would be able to purchase for them...

=x

I think on the PTR there is a BoA agi fist weapon, and consumables usable in the brawler's guild arena.
90 Troll Hunter
I will say that when the Brawlers Guild was first announced, I was excited about the feature. It reminded me a bit of the fight concept behind the hunter epic quest mobs back in vanilla after finally getting my Ancient Petrified Leaf. After the BMAH Invitations plan was announced, along with the queue times, and apparent technical limitations behind it's implementation, not so much.

Maybe I'll go check it out sometime next year when MoP is starting to run long in the tooth before the next xpac launches, maybe not. Assuming I don't find something better to do with my free time before then.

Best of luck and fun to anyone that actually gets to check it out.
Edited by Sariax on 11/8/2012 12:55 PM PST
90 Draenei Hunter
Daxxari,

I hardly ever post, and never about topics like this, but this one has really annoyed me. I've been playing, quietly and loyally, since launch, and have maintained acceptance and a positive attitude throughout that time. In this case, though, Blizzard is, in my opinion, making a huge mistake that is upsetting many, many players. The isolation of solo content, even for a short time, to only the super-rich, feels like an insult (even if it's not intended as such).

This goes beyond buying vanity items and single-tier upgrades at the BMAH, or buying giant yak or rocket mounts. This isn't limited-interest content, like a new raid or battleground. Everybody loves the concept, everyone wants to participate, and 99.9% of us are being told that we can't because we're simply not wealthy enough.

You want to gate the content, that's clear. But my question is, why? If you want the small-club feel, why not delay the feature until you have the tech to enable multiple instances that small numbers of people can be permanently assigned to? If you want to only have one instance, then why not equalize the passes by giving most of them out randomly, or making it an inexpensive, single-purchase-only raffle (with maybe only one or two passes per server also available on BMAH)?

You may not have intended this to be something big, but it's obviously extremely popular and anticipated content, and your unwillingness to budge from your wealth-centered content delivery mechanism is both disappointing and wholly unfair to the vast majority of your paying customers.

Can't be said better. Liked 10/10
90 Draenei Death Knight
11/08/2012 12:35 PMPosted by Sabatieni
Gating content by the amount of gold you have is a really bad idea.

Would you consider the thousands of gold required for flying applicable to this statement? Because I doubt the BMAH passes will be all that expensive for very long, especially if they add more ways to obtain one later on (which Blizzard has been strongly indicating).

Flying isn't content. Back in the day, each rank of mount riding (or just mount before they added riding as a standardized skill) was a gift to the player for saving the money to buy it. Some areas in BC required flying to access, though it was an arbitrary design choice. Now, it's taken as a standard.

That said, they still gate flying each expansion to slow down leveling and force us to admire the environment, which we often forget to do. In Northrend, it was assumed we couldn't handle the cold, despite some of us having undead characters and mounts. In Cataclysm, the invisible world police required we be licensed to fly. In Pandaria, we freak out about mist or something, despite flying through kvaldir mists in Northrend.

In this case, we are actually being denied content due to gold, which I believe is generally unprecedented. Rare mounts are exclusive due to luck and dedication. Rare gear (challenge transmogs) is exclusive due to luck and skill. As of its current implementation, this is exclusive due to gold.
90 Troll Warrior
Pets and heirloom fisting.

EDIT: dang autocrrect, too funny to change though lol

Yep. There's the Clock'em pet (http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=93025) and the Brawler's Razor Claws BoA fist weapon (http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=92948).
100 Gnome Warlock
Invites to the Guild will (at least initially) only be available for purchase on the Black Market Auction House. We’ve taken this approach both to control queue times, and also because the Brawler’s Guild is meant to be kind of a small, underground thing, and a way for players on a realm to come together. At first, that will happen because invites will go out from one player to another based on who buys those initial Black Market invites. After reaching a certain rank in the Brawler’s Guild, each of the new members can eventually earn one new invitation of their own to pass out to someone else on the same realm, so the Brawler’s Guilds on each realm should get progressively larger and larger over time. We may also investigate alternate methods of acquiring invitations or making them more plentiful.

This is absolute crap. People will buy them immediately as soon as servers start up, hit whatever level they need to be to be able to get an additional invite and then sell it to the highest bidder.

You are creating content that only a fraction of the people will be able to see, all because you want it to have an exclusive feel? Isn'y that what raiders have been asking for for years? Instead you nerf the raids consistently, put out a LFR system so people can "see the content" and then implement some Solo content for exclusivity. Makes perfect sense....

Who the hell comes up with these garbage ideas?
Edited by Agrippas on 11/8/2012 12:53 PM PST
88 Night Elf Hunter
Great. Another reason for people to act like elitist jerks. As if WOW needed more of that.
90 Pandaren Mage
Star, you're gonna pull aggro again, It was said awhile back that this WAS NOT proving grounds. It was in a GC tweet I believe.

When do I not pull aggo?

Edit: I also take tweets and posts from GC with a grain of salt. It wouldn't be the first time he's said something and changed it days or weeks later.
Edited by Stardaze on 11/8/2012 12:52 PM PST
90 Troll Hunter
Daxxari,

10/10! Would quote again!
1 Draenei Shaman
I don't have a lot of gold. Does that mean that i am automatically left out of this feature?
Do you think its fair to give a head start to people that are well off?
90 Worgen Druid
In 3 months this is what i will be reading in general chat on my server.

LFM 10 MAN TOTES MUST HAVE 496 ITEM LVL AND RANK 7 BG..IF NOT, DONT EVEN BOTHER WISHPERING ME..NO FAILS.

This is the kind community i am used to in this game. The days of the base player base being kind to each other has been gone for some time now. Sorry i do not agree that this going to bring the wow community together on any server.

What makes you think Brawler's Guild rank is going to be required for anything but Brawler's Guild? o_O

What makes you think they will not? Give the elitist a way to turn thier noses up to rest of the community and they will jump on it...never seen it any other way have you?
90 Troll Warrior
11/08/2012 12:48 PMPosted by Kraken

Would you consider the thousands of gold required for flying applicable to this statement? Because I doubt the BMAH passes will be all that expensive for very long, especially if they add more ways to obtain one later on (which Blizzard has been strongly indicating).

Flying isn't content. Back in the day, each rank of mount riding (or just mount before they added riding as a standardized skill) was a gift to the player for saving the money to buy it. Some areas in BC required flying to access, though it was an arbitrary design choice. Now, it's taken as a standard.

That said, they still gate flying each expansion to slow down leveling and force us to admire the environment, which we often forget to do. In Northrend, it was assumed we couldn't handle the cold, despite some of us having undead characters and mounts. In Cataclysm, the invisible world police required we be licensed to fly. In Pandaria, we freak out about mist or something, despite flying through kvaldir mists in Northrend.

In this case, we are actually being denied content due to gold, which I believe is generally unprecedented. Rare mounts are exclusive due to luck and dedication. Rare gear (challenge transmogs) is exclusive due to luck and skill. As of its current implementation, this is exclusive due to gold.

You said it yourself, there is & was content exclusive due to gold requirements, except you called it a "gift". I paid thousands of gold to fly and access all the content Pandaria has to offer, just as I did in Cataclysm, just as I did in Wrath of the Lich King.

In this case the limitation is merely to slow down the very beginning. I'm fine with that. It took me a month to get to 90, and I'm still in the process of finishing reputations and gearing up for the two new LFRs. I don't expect to be able to jump into every single thing on day 1.
90 Troll Warrior

What makes you think Brawler's Guild rank is going to be required for anything but Brawler's Guild? o_O

What makes you think they will not? Give the elitist a way to turn thier noses up to rest of the community and they will jump on it...never seen it any other way have you?

You're kidding right? When was the last time you saw a PVE guild require PVP rank in order to join a raid? Your entire proposition is ridiculous on it's face, and I suspect you didn't put much thought into it.
90 Undead Monk
Daxxari,

I agree with 90% of what you said. You should note, however, they have said they are open to other methods of entry.
100 Gnome Warlock
11/08/2012 12:53 PMPosted by Sabatieni
I don't expect to be able to jump into every single thing on day 1.

You might not be, but there are many many others who are ready for the new content when it comes out.
99 Draenei Shaman
When I first heard about this it sounded fun. But I'm becoming less interested the more I find out about it. I don't have a lot of gold to throw around so who knows when I will ever be able to get an invite. By the time I do get in, who knows how long I will be waiting in queue for things. One of the downsides to being on a high pop server I guess. Then there's the everyone can watch you aspect...Just seems like a lot of opportunities for trolls to be trolls to me. So I'll probably pass.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]