(H) Gold Survey

90 Blood Elf Mage
I'm conducting a survey for my Honors thesis at EKU entitled The Application of Economic and Game Theory Principles to a Video Game (Virtual) Economy. For the purpose of my research, I am trying to determine the average amount of gold per person on the realm of US-Akama(H); all amounts will be recorded without names and will be kept confidential. You must be at least 18 years of age. You are free to decline, as this survey is completely voluntary. My question is only this: how much gold do you have across your account?

If anyone is interested in participating in this study, I ask you to send an in-game email to Xeruan. Any responses located in this thread will be disqualified from the study.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
While voluntary response sampling is biased, requires extrapolation, and has a large value of uncertainty, in this situation it's one of the best options I have. I don't have the ability or the authority to mandate responses to my survey, and in accordance with federal regulations for human subjects research, this survey's approval required voluntary consent. My minimum sample size for inclusion in my thesis is 250 subjects, though my goal is more.

The primary focus of my thesis is the application of microeconomic principles to the economy, specifically: the price elasticity of demand, price indices, and the economic applications of game theory. This survey is part of a smaller branch of my research involving the average buying power of an individual and it's relation to the server's gross domestic product.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]